CARE Forum Anniversary 2021 - Member Thank You Videos

This forum went live to the public on July 14, 2020. To celebrate this forum members have come together to put on events during the week of July 14, 2021. This thread will be a part of those events. Starting on Monday, July 12, 2021 and continuing through Saturday, July 17, 2021 I encourage you to post a video to this thread. 

1433137704_nermweekbanner.png.37c7af95ac496e957a78b0f8ab2fcfce.png.ba30e1d7b09db2c8100fda1f93221dfa.png

Over the past 12 months many of us have found the hobby of fishkeeping and in turn this forum or have been Co-Op fans from way back and were just as excited when it launched. Regardless of your time in the hobby this forum came at the right time for all of us. What a year it has been. I have found a home on this forum and a family in it's members and I would like to express my respect and gratitude to some of them personally. By no means should you feel unimportant or left out if you are not mentioned. The goal of these videos will be to show your gratitude to other members in a more personal format. Text and reactions are great, but a video where we can all hear your words in your own voice would help bridge the gap of the online world into the real one.

Guidelines/Suggestions for Videos

- So we can't upload videos directly from devices to the forum. Although we can upload from devices to YouTube and then
post links to those videos on the forum. It's not that hard. I had never done it until I was on the forum. Just follow the tutorial below.

- You don't have to appear in your video if you don't want to, but as long as we can hear your voice or that you make it
personal then that is fine.

- You can record your screen on windows by pressing windows+G then you can pull up forum profiles of people you want to thank.
Or alternatively you could just record your computer screen with a cell phone. Or do it however you want to. Be as creative as you want. Those are just suggestions.

- Thank whoever you want. Someone help you out with a problem, make you laugh with a meme, or just have interesting content? Give them a shout out.

- I feel like there should be a time limit, but nah. It's your video for the people you want to thank. Although depending on the number of submissions it might take a while to watch them all, so just be mindful of that.

- I also feel like there should be a limit on people you can thank to go along with the time limit, so I'm going to suggest
12 or less. Again, it's your video so do what you want. If you just want to thank one person or fifty who am I to tell you otherwise.

- Tag the people that you are thanking in your submission, so you are sure that they will see it.

- Review the Forum Guidelines and be sure to follow them in your video.

I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I haven’t made a video in quite a while. I will try to make something because this forum has been so important to my mental health during such a difficult year. We have such an amazing community, and I really appreciate @Cory for building this forum for us to come together and share our hobby of keeping things alive in water.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I didn't mention anyone specifically in the video (my bad!), but I'll tag a few here who have been especially helpful to me. And I apologize for the wobbling of the video...I'm quite the amateur and um...I talk with my hands. You'll see my right hand flapping about quite a bit. Sorry. 🙄😂😆

@Daniel, @Bill Smith, @Brandy, @Streetwise, @H.K.Luterman, @MickS77, @TheDukeAnumber1, @Hobbit and of course @Cory, @Irene and @Lizzie Block for their expertise throughout the year.

Alesha

Edited by Alesha
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 5

On 7/8/2021 at 3:43 PM, Streetwise said:

I haven’t made a video in quite a while. I will try to make something because this forum has been so important to my mental health during such a difficult year. We have such an amazing community, and I really appreciate @Cory for building this forum for us to come together and share our hobby of keeping things alive in water.

@StreetwiseThank you for all your hard work and time put into answering members' questions and moderating the forum! This place wouldn't be as special without the help of people like you. 

@Alesha Love the video you made of your green tiger barbs! So glad to have you on the forum; you've been such a positive, cheerful contributor whenever I see your comments.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/13/2021 at 11:13 AM, Alesha said:

I didn't mention anyone specifically in the video (my bad!), but I'll tag a few here who have been especially helpful to me. And I apologize for the wobbling of the video...I'm quite the amateur and um...I talk with my hands. You'll see my right hand flapping about quite a bit. Sorry. 🙄😂😆

@Daniel, @Bill Smith, @Brandy, @Streetwise, @H.K.Luterman, @MickS77, @TheDukeAnumber1, @Hobbit and of course @Cory, @Irene and @Lizzie Block for their expertise throughout the year.

Alesha

Those are some gorgeous barbs! And I love the name Peekaboo! I'm so tickled that my experiences with my own tanks could help you out. 😄 

• Like 3

Thank you to the Aquarium Co-Op C.A.R.E. forum. More yellow neos were supposed to be on-camera for this video! I got shy and didn't want to say anything. I got the plants and tech from that one site. This tank was a marine tank that was flooded out in 2011. When you are part of a community, you try again.

I may make something else, maybe in nature where I say a few things.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

I joined this community because I was a fan of Cory’s low-key style. The Co-Op tested a chat setup, but it was chaotic and required real-time moderation. When we adjusted to the reality of 2020+, this forum came online at just the right time.

When I was cut-off from my local friends, I found a new community of Nerms. Everyday, I would see what my new friends had shared, and share updates to my modest tanks.

I love this community, and I am glad to be providing some technical assistance. I also enjoy being a cheerleader for perseverance in our hobby.

• Like 7

Thanks to everyone who is on this forum! A year ago I hadn't even been watching cory even had kept a single live plant. Around the time I started watching cory, I started wanting live plants. I joined the forum on September 21st 2020. My first go at live plants was a miserable fail, everything died. I learned how you should use fertilizer, root tabs, how some plants perfer root tabs over liquad fertilzier, etc. And it was all help to this CARE Forum that I have live plants in all my aquariums! I honestly think this hobby would've been a "phase" in my life if it werent for this forum, but now I'm in it for the long haul!

Special Thanks to:

@Streetwise for the dirty mulm and tannins. I've been wanting to setup a walstad aquarium for sometime now because your journal has simply been so fascinating to me. And for the time you put into visiting everyones journals (seriously i think your always the first person to see my updates).

@Daniel @Brandy @Streetwise For all the moderating that you do. Our forum wouldn't have an awesome community if it weren't for you.

@Colu Sometimes I will stumble upon a thread with a sick fish and I'll be like "i wouldn't even know where to start with treating this fish". But sure enough you always know whats medications to use.

@Hobbit for taking on the resposiblity to help run this NERM Week.

@H.K.Luterman for your regular updates on pooka and all your other oddballs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Forgot to add:

Before joining this forum I had joined several forums. All because I needed a question asnwered. But most of the time I would get either one response or no responses. The community on those forums were dead. But when I uploaded my first question on the forum on september 21 and got 6 replies, I knew this forum was for me! Little did I know that I would start spending more time on the forum then any other platform.

This was my first question asked:

And this was my first post:

• Like 8

I tried to make a list of all the people I wanted to thank and it was WAY too long, so I only said a few names. But know I appreciate everyone here. Really and truly.

Also I apologize for all the “um”s and pauses. I’m not a very eloquent speaker these days. 😅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6

@Hobbit I 100% agree with you with how amazing this forum has been with curing the loneliness of fishkeeping for some of us. I have been keeping aquariums for over half of my life now (I am 25 years old) and I have been on my own really for that entire time. The forum has been so great and welcoming to someone new to forums like me. This forum really is something special. 

Thank you for posting that thank you video and for everything that you do on the forum including helping with nerm week. I have always enjoyed seeing your stand build updates as well! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello forum fam! 🤗

Thank you for making this community so magnetic! 🧲😆 You can see how I got hooked into this crew by looking through my HS Tank thread - @Streetwise immediately made me feel important and cool and @OceanTruth and @Socqua made me feel like I made new, fun friends!  @Brandy offered solid advice that I've slowly been following (I originally thought shrimp were silly, and now I loooove shrimp...and I never would have tried them without her suggestion!).  And then, when tragedy struck I received so much support!!  @Colu talked me through what I should do and @James Black (among many others) offered support!

Y'all have talked me through anxieties (I'm prone to those 🤣) and taught me so much!  I always enjoy reading posts and comments from @lefty o and @Mmiller2001 and @Daniel and @Patrick_G and @H.K.Luterman and many, many more!  I feel like there are many members that are "The Greats!" in my mind, and I always feel like I've done something big when they like or comment on my posts!  @Sal has provided so much style inspo for me - I am still looking for the perfect cabinet for my 20 gallon, and I'm determined to find it!!  @Isaac M and @Hobbit remind me of how fun it is to collaborate on exciting projects...I wish they had been my group members/lab partners in school! 😜 

I could go on for days - I have so many other people to mention...it's very hard to narrow it down!  If you have ever liked or commented on any of my posts...I appreciate you more than you know!  I am so proud and excited to be part of such an awesome community of aquarists and wonderful friends!

All the feels y'all, all the feels! 🥰

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 3

Thank you @Cory for innovating in a way that brings people together. You are really why we're all here. Thank you @JimmyGimbal for being an excellent artist and collaborator. If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a film is a hundred-thousand pictures, given how many you've made . . . you're communicating well! Thank you @Dean’s Fishroom for spilling the beans and telling the whole world so many secrets of breeding fish. Thank you @Randy for your work on The Aquarist Podcast. I learn so much from your interviews! Thank you @Irene for, in a way, doing all of the above in your own elegant, inimitable style.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

On 7/18/2021 at 8:22 PM, Fish Folk said:

Thank you @Cory for innovating in a way that brings people together. You are really why we're all here. Thank you @JimmyGimbal for being an excellent artist and collaborator. If a picture is worth a thousand words, and a film is a hundred-thousand pictures, given how many you've made . . . you're communicating well! Thank you @Dean’s Fishroom for spilling the beans and telling the whole world so many secrets of breeding fish. Thank you @Randy for your work on The Aquarist Podcast. I learn so much from your interviews! Thank you @Irene for, in a way, doing all of the above in your own elegant, inimitable style.

This was quite amazing and heartful. Thank you for supporting us! Keep it goin

• Like 4

So I’m a late bloomer and I happened to see this well it is the 19th now. so I’m obviously probably not gonna make a video at least to submit for this.  I might just do one to do one because I’d be happy to give thanks to the forum  publicly on my channel.  but the names that come up to me the most. Would be @Streetwise @Daniel @Cory  Cory thank you for being a remarkable humble person! no matter the fame or however one Might see it. you are still a real down to earth person you call it how you see it you try to give the best information you can. And stay humble about it I’d truly be lost in this hobby with out aquarium coop and the forum this last year! Daniel I look too as that old timer kinda like the grandfather of the forum.  he has been in the hobby for quite awhile always challenging his self in the hobby or doing test/projects. He has been my go to for Genral questions about and around the forum along with in the hobby. And streetwise that man’s a beast he is everywhere you look in the forum answering questions sharing his own questions and projects and has hoped on my post/questions quite few times. Everyone on here no matter our differences this is the one place we all can connect and relate in one way or another.  So big thanks to everyone on here even the noobs your what’s keeping us growing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, Fish Folk said:

Awww, thank you so much for the beautiful guitar serenade and showing off all your fish! That was really sweet to watch and listen to.

Edited by Irene
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2021 at 8:22 PM, Fish Folk said:

@Fish Folkwow!  That was amazing!  I am thrilled that you enjoy the podcast, this forum, and all things Co-Op!  I hate to think of how many times you have heard me say "good times" 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

This was amazing. Last few weeks have just been crazy. Found a spare few moments to check in on some threads. Helps keep me aligned 😉 Lot of heartfelt messages put together there. I know we all appreciate it.