What's your dream aquarium product that doesn’t exist?

pedrofisk

On 7/20/2021 at 5:28 AM, Chloe and Speckles said:

That is freaking awesome. I might actually get one of those. Does it work well for you? Does it have any downsides? I just have a betta and ottos, so no competition here.

Not many problems, my only suggestion is set the feeder a little early since it drops the majority of the food 30-60 mins later. Also, if you use flake food, I recommend hooking it up to an air pump to help keep it dry. Saves a TON of cleanup time.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, Ariel S said:

That’s an awesome idea! But those are pretty small heaters? Like for small tanks? Or would that warm a 40gal

I see them on Amazon at 200w, so be sure and measure your filter box to see if it fits. 

Also, be sure never to let it run dry. That is a risk if the water level drops below the intake, so I sometimes layer the heater BELOW the final foam block in the filter.

Still very workable!

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since I'm dreaming here. A COOP breeder box and fry tray combo basically Fish "Legos"

An Aquarium COOP easy breeder box / fry tray that is either a panel system which sounds semi complicated or a semi modular version so I could expand or reduce it it to whatever I needed to use it for and insert a white tray or livebearer fry separator into etc if needed.  I personally would like to have the ability to raise puffer or cichlid fry a little longer in the main tank before I moved them to another system; a little extra wiggle room with them in the main colony water parameters and observing behaviors of adults. I know the COOP version would be high quality, easy to use, and more affordable if it ever happened.

The dream would be the COOP specimen container material for the structure and viewing panels and options of fine metal or sponge for the left and right sides and bottom. Basically fish Legos to make into whatever you needed in a breeder box / fry tray / holding system. A combination of the Dean fry tray system where sponge is used in the opening and the theoretically available though not yet found ZISS connection ring to connect two or more boxes on the screen side was the initial starting point for this idea. 

• Like 1

A programmable heater, or maybe even a programmable heater/lighting/powerhead and whatever else combo that you can set to change with the seasons and/or simulate weather inside the tank. 

Probably useless really but sounds fun to me, if you really went deep into setting up a biotope you could programme it to have the exact seasonal weather conditions of that particular wild biotope. 

On 7/21/2020 at 3:38 PM, Daniel said:

I wish there was an underwater remote controlled submarine 4k camera that would swim in my aquarium and stream the results back to my phone. I could watch fish breed and check on fry from anywhere. And if I were in a boring meeting, I could get out my phone and watch my fish instead.

I like the way you think. I'm into RC stuff so you got my attention with the aquarium submarine. 

I want one.

• Like 1

With my recent struggle to find a decent camera for underwater streaming, I've decided that someone  needs to make a tank (similar to this type) that has a built in wifi camera.    You could stream your tank live, check on it wirelessly with your smart phone, etc.
I thought it would work better mounted on the side so its not in the back staring out into your living room. 

2140349-left-1.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/26/2021 at 2:45 PM, GameCzar said:

With my recent struggle to find a decent camera for underwater streaming, I've decided that someone  needs to make a tank (similar to this type) that has a built in wifi camera.    You could stream your tank live, check on it wirelessly with your smart phone, etc.
I thought it would work better mounted on the side so its not in the back staring out into your living room. 

2140349-left-1.jpg

I would love that! I could get even less work done if I could check on my fish from work haha

• Haha 2

On 7/26/2021 at 9:04 AM, KentFishFanUK said:

I would love that! I could get even less work done if I could check on my fish from work haha

Right?  And how easy would it be to show off your aqua-babies if you can just whip out the ol' smart phone.

• Like 3

On 7/26/2021 at 10:33 AM, Taco Playz said:

They should make something like a ring for a doorbell but for fish. Like if your Guppies just had babies it would give you a notification on your phone. And like @GameCzar you could check up on them during the day.

It could be like our local hospital and every time a new baby is born it plays "Lullaby".  

• Haha 3

On 7/26/2021 at 11:33 AM, Taco Playz said:

They should make something like a ring for a doorbell but for fish. Like if your Guppies just had babies it would give you a notification on your phone. And like @GameCzar you could check up on them during the day.

I work from home a lot so I could settle for a cctv version.  I just need to stream to the next room.  I use an external camera now, but the setup is not even close to ideal.  If I could find someone to hack my old Dropcam (Nest) I would be half way home.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 9:37 AM, Jeff said:

A website where you can design your own stand, and they send you the supplies for it, once you're done designing it and purchase.

What a great small business that would be for a person with a shop and a CNC machine. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 2:56 PM, Gideyon said:

I've designed in my head a device that can monitor temperature and report it to your smart device.  It can be done. But I'd like for it to do more than just temperature. 

image.png.0ebf7244eeeab931459170d179436d

My Neptune Apex does temperature, pH, Conductivity, Oxygen plus controls my heaters and lights and gives graphs of data over time and is completely programmable.

I have even used it to track photosynthesis using pH as a proxy.

Photosynthesis.png.6eb754e31f371ba382510

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 3:03 PM, Daniel said:

image.png.0ebf7244eeeab931459170d179436d

My Neptune Apex does temperature, pH, Conductivity, Oxygen plus controls my heaters and lights and gives graphs of data over time and is completely programmable.

I have even used it to track photosynthesis using pH as a proxy.

Photosynthesis.png.6eb754e31f371ba382510

Well then....   Can it do water changes? 🙂

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2021 at 6:09 AM, Tanked said:

Still looking for that economically priced submersible wifi fishcam.  

Out of curiosity, whats economical to you? I but you could use hobbyist stuff to get it done for under 100$