What's your dream aquarium product that doesn’t exist?

pedrofisk

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, Indlers said:

I saw this video and was instantly reminded of this thread. It's a bit large for most tanks I think, but could probably manage in some larger ones.

Only problem is the blades because of like plants and fish.

On 3/24/2022 at 4:42 PM, Guppy Guy said:

Funny you mention that, I’ve been trying to figure out how to make an auto brine shrimp hatchery/feeder. I don’t know how to even attempt it, but I can at least try! Eventually….

What about a auto dosing pump but it connects the tube to the hatchery?

On 10/28/2022 at 12:18 AM, Caidenh24 said:

What about a auto dosing pump but it connects the tube to the hatchery?

If it is a peristaltic pump (the standard type of dosing pump for aquariums), then the action would crush the brine shrimp. See the animation below:

spacer.png

Edited by Guppy Guy
I forgot that html doesn’t work here 😂

On 10/28/2022 at 8:51 AM, Guppy Guy said:

If it is a peristaltic pump (the standard type of dosing pump for aquariums), then the action would crush the brine shrimp. See the animation below:

spacer.png

I have no experience with hatcheries or auto feeders, and I'm about to prove it!

Possibly stupid questions: Do the fish care if their shrimp are crushed?

Keeping it simple and thinking about a sponge filter or UGF, could you use a blast of air, water, or an air stone to capture and move the shrimp from hatchery to aquarium?

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2022 at 10:55 AM, Tanked said:

I have no experience with hatcheries or auto feeders, and I'm about to prove it!

Possibly stupid questions: Do the fish care if their shrimp are crushed?

Keeping it simple and thinking about a sponge filter or UGF, could you use a blast of air, water, or an air stone to capture and move the shrimp from hatchery to aquarium?

If it is in the water column, my fish eat it. I assume yours will as well, but all you can do is try!

One side note though, if the shrimp are crushed, it could possibly do more harm then good by polluting the water, and I don’t want any hatchery water in my tank so you would have to drain it anyway.

Sorry it took so long to reply, this thread was lost in the chaos 🤣

Edited by Guppy Guy
sbellimg
  • Like 1