What's your dream aquarium product that doesn’t exist?

pedrofisk

2 hours ago, Clown loach said:

Automatic water changer!!!! 

I believe that this might actually be a thing or it should be pretty simple to design as long as you can tap into plumbing, get 2 lines and hook one into the sewage line and one into a tap water line. Have a pump on the drain line that is hooked to a timer that is set to run for enough time to drain the % that you want( if you had a 50gph pump and wanted a 50% water change on a 55 gallon you would set it for 30 minutes) and do the same the in line just with a electric programer like you would is for a garden all you would have to do is add in additives but you could probably design this too by getting a bucket with your liquid additives and then get a pump that is set to dispense a certain amount of liquid you could do this for the other 2 but it would be more expensive 

from what i saw on YT all the ACO store tanks are on automatic water changers.  What I want is an auto water changer that doesn't take water or a drain!  It just takes out everything "bad" from the water and puts it back. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CT_ said:

from what i saw on YT all the ACO store tanks are on automatic water changers.  What I want is an auto water changer that doesn't take water or a drain!  It just takes out everything "bad" from the water and puts it back. 

So you don't want an automatic water changer, you want a water cleaner.

57 minutes ago, JettsPapa said:

Yes, but it sounds like @CT_wants something to also remove ammonia, nitrites, excess nitrates, and any other bad stuff that filters don't remove.

Indeed.  Nitrogen build up I know is the big thing but I always assumed there's other "bad stuff" that builds up too.  If that's not the case I'm just going to keep adding plants until i never have to change my water.  Maybe hang a 20' pothos plant out the back. 🙂

On 1/14/2021 at 11:45 AM, Aquater said:

Is there already a net that holds water with it.  I raise Dwarf Puffers.  I ordered a wet/net from Aquatic arts but its to small.  Anyone have any ideas?  The little guys have to stay submerged all the time.  If it does not exist yet -- any cleaver ideas folks??
Thanks!

I've seen them for shrimp. Aquatic Arts has sold them, I think. I wasn't in the market for them, so I'm not sure if I have that right.

On 1/14/2021 at 8:14 PM, Tanks alot said:

I would like to be able to adjust the direction of the flow for better overall circulation. Similar to the benefits of a canister filter or some internal filters.

"Back in the day" there was such a thing. I've been trying to find out whatever happened to it.

On 2/19/2021 at 1:55 AM, Celly Rasbora said:

I wish the Aquarium Co-Op sponge filters had a collapsible cup attached to the base to make taking it out of the tank easier. I have a really hard time getting a plastic bag around them with all the plants I have in my tank.

There are these small sponge filters that allow you to remove just the sponge so you don't need to remove the whole thing when cleaning. They come in double and single sponge, I have one that just has one sponge. Dunno what size tank you have, they might be helpful: https://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Upettools-Mechanical-Biological-Filtration/dp/B07J4JYC5Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=sponge+filter&qid=1613929235&refinements=p_36%3A2661612011&rnid=2661611011&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-12

I wish there was a checklist or organizer that helped plan stocking options so that you don't overlook any details (like I tend to do).  It could list out all of the tank size requirements, water parameters, and suitable tankmates for each fish.  Plus have a section for suitable plants for the tank based on light, hard/soft water, and nutrient needs.

• 3 weeks later...

An inline device in your canister filter outflow pipe that would work as a heater while also constantly giving you all your water values, including fertilizer nutrient levels that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

And another one:

A Neocaridina safe surface skimmer that will suck up debris and biofilm but not shrimp. I'm not complaining about the daily maintenance cleaning the skimmer but if I wouldn't have to find anywhere from three to five of the little rascals alive but trapped in there every day it sure would make me happy.

2 hours ago, wilkyb said:

An aquaponic lid designed for aquariums with slots to insert your house plants into. So simple & so cool.

If you're familiar with Foo the Flowerhorn on YouTube, I think they've designed lids exactly like this! Not for sale, of course, but it looked very simple assuming you've got a few tools. I think at one point they were growing strawberries out of the top of the tank. The effect can be really beautiful.

48 minutes ago, Schwack said:

If you're familiar with Foo the Flowerhorn on YouTube, I think they've designed lids exactly like this! Not for sale, of course, but it looked very simple assuming you've got a few tools. I think at one point they were growing strawberries out of the top of the tank. The effect can be really beautiful.

I hang pothos from my potted planter aquarium right now, and I'll soon be setting up a hydroponic aquarium garden with some nice vines & flowers. It's in a nook on top of a vintage cabinet & it's going to look aaaa maaaayy ziiiiingggg once it's in operation & all grown in.

On 1/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, Aquater said:

Is there already a net that holds water with it.  I raise Dwarf Puffers.  I ordered a wet/net from Aquatic arts but its to small.  Anyone have any ideas?  The little guys have to stay submerged all the time.  If it does not exist yet -- any cleaver ideas folks??
Thanks!

I use old Betta cups to catch many fish, from guppies to baby plecos and cherry shrimp.  Moving slow with the cup seems to not stir up the same stress and hyperactivity that the net does, and I don't have to ever have them out of water.  Even in heavily planted jungle val tanks the cup usually works better than a net.

• Like 3

A lid that somehow knows when to close itself for me. Or at the very least will yell at me "HEY IDIOT YOU LEFT ME OPEN AGAIN!!" I have a bad habit of leaving lids open, so keeping any kind of fish that love to jump is out of the question for me. Would really widen my options if I didn't have to worry about that. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Deku-Corydoras said:

A lid that somehow knows when to close itself for me. Or at the very least will yell at me "HEY IDIOT YOU LEFT ME OPEN AGAIN!!" I have a bad habit of leaving lids open, so keeping any kind of fish that love to jump is out of the question for me. Would really widen my options if I didn't have to worry about that. 

If someone was tech savvy enough they could potentially jerry-rig or reverse engineer door/window alarms used for home security for aquarium lids 🤔

• Like 2