You know you're a Fish NERM when...

MickS77

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 2:08 PM, StephenP2003 said:

The origin of the nerm... it actually stemmed from a dumb question I clumsily typed in chat during a live stream, time stamp 1hr50min:

Another funny thing is that Cory questioned whether he used the term "algal" correctly. Yes, that was correct!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 3:51 PM, mouseturd13 said:

I keep having to pull my piano bench over to the tank lol. Gonna have to find something smaller and more convenient soon. You just can't beat sitting in front of the tank!

I hear you! I keep one of those fold up camping chairs right next to my tank and open it up several times a day. There's no telling how many hours I've spent sitting watching the tank

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:59 AM, FishObsessed said:

I hear you! I keep one of those fold up camping chairs right next to my tank and open it up several times a day. There's no telling how many hours I've spent sitting watching the tank

Here is mine. It doubles as a step stool, lol. I can see my main tank from the couch, but use this for up close viewing and for my other tanks. I need something else for sure!!

20201231_205616.jpg

You know you’re a NERM when your kids complain about stopping at a random local  fish store to check it out on your travels/vacations.  Kids love fish stores right?like wow! Who doesn’t love fish stores.  Road trip!

DFDBC5CA-CBC4-4DA4-8E94-EDC8FE92C7A6.jpeg

Edited by Tedrock
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

You know you're a nerm when...

• Your parents wouldn't let you have a fish tank at first, so you instead spend two whole years researching fish before they actually let you get one.
  • Presenting to your English class a 30 minute presentation on Corydoras before you even get an aquarium.
  • When you finally do get an aquarium, you spend around an hour a day just staring at it.
  • You convince your parents to let you get bigger and bigger aquariums (I went from a 10 to a 29 a couple of months ago, but still get to keep the 10 for breeding purposes).
  • You are so into keeping fish that your constant ranting about it has gotten your little sister into the hobby.
  • You join this forum to discuss fish-related topics with people who share common interests.
  • Like 8

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On 6/19/2021 at 6:25 PM, Ken said:

When you're fixing dinner and there is a pot of cholla wood gently simmering on the back burner.

LOL this! Or in my case, usually dandelion leaves.

Oh, and I use one of those harbor freight rolling padded stools, to scoot around and gaze at my tanks. Except  the smaller "fish room", that has a monster bean bag chair, or nap chair as I like to call it. I've plotted some serious re-scapes and many an excuse for another tank in that chair...

• Like 3

You know you’re a fish nerm when, even though you watch Hoarders regularly, you still keep every piece of foam, plastic, rock, or wood that could possibly be used in a fish tank.

When your husband asks, “should we keep these giant holey plastic pots our new trees came in?” and you have to stop and wonder if you’re ever going to need them for when you start an urban fish farm with 500 gallon drums. Because they’d be great for separating parents from fry like they do at Golead Farms...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

When I decided there was no more room in my (originally) craft room/fish room for craft stuff and furniture.  Took everything out added yet 2 more tanks a bean bag chair (to see my two new low sitting tanks) blankets pillows and 4 sets of stackable plastic drawers  (from floor to 6 feet high) for extra fish stuff. 

My crafts are yet again getting in my way in their new room...ROFL

• Like 2

I've officially hit NERM status because I'm moving in a month or two, starting breaking down a few tanks a few weeks ago to get ready to get ready. Just bought and set up 2 tanks last night. The withdrawals are real. 

• Haha 1

I drive to a different city to maintain a relative's tanks because they don't take them as seriously as I think they should. It's also not unusual at all for me to be playing world of warcraft and have a second monitor with some sort of fish stream going on.

• Like 1