Suggestion Box

Daniel

4 minutes ago, Anita said:

I just hit my reaction limit ceiling. du-OH! 🤪 So, can someone tell me, what is our daily reactions allotment? Is there a counter somewhere that shows how many reactions I used today (or in a cycle)? Or must I keep track of that myself? 😬🤔

As far as I know you have to keep track of it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes photos are not showing up in the forum.  Some times those photos will render on my phone but not my PC and vice versa.  Not sure what the reason is:  Here's an example where the first photo is just jibberish on my PC but works fine on my phone.

image.png.4fa92c1aeaf909c733de7b901d25de69.png

• Administrators

@ct_ what browser are you using? What version of the forum template are you using, dark mode? or using an addon on to do it? Lastly can you direct link here to one of the threads you're having problems with. I'll try and trouble shoot from there.

19 hours ago, Cory said:

@ct_ what browser are you using? What version of the forum template are you using, dark mode? or using an addon on to do it? Lastly can you direct link here to one of the threads you're having problems with. I'll try and trouble shoot from there.

I'm on firefox 86.0 on my PC.  I'm using the CARE 1.1 theme

on my phone I'm also on android-firefox latest version.

• 4 weeks later...

I have three suggestions that probably do not quite fit neatly on a "forum suggestion box" thread, but I hope someone will find these helpful, and at least give it a think.

(1) As has been mulled over (Cory mentioned on a recent stream) . . . it would be fun to see a BAP and HAP program organized. We submit all of our BAP fry via video journals to PVAS (our local fish club), many of which we have copied onto the forum already.

(2) It would be very helpful to organize a way for people to buy and sell fish and plants via the forum -- especially if BAP and HAP programs are set up. I understand that this poses problems of competition, etc. Would there be a profitable way for Aqua Huna or Aquarium Co Op to buy BAP / HAP livestock at wholesale costs, given certain parameters, and then resell? Or . . . would there be a way to set up a "trading floor" where the Forum provides a quasi "aquabid-like" context for members . . . or established breeders to operate from? It just seems like there's room for something . . .

(3) And, tangentially related, I think that it would be interesting to develop a fry system that hangs on the outside of a standard tank that has features similar to Dean's fry system -- air, matten, gentle inflow from tank and outflow, possible other items . . . heater? small light? I could get really prescriptive here . . . but I'm thinking of a system where, say, an Anabantid bubbliest could be scooped up and dropped in to hatch fry . . . where an ornament with Cichlid Eggs should be dropped in to hatch fry . . . where a female livebearer could be moved in to drop fry . . . something that could hang on the outside of a tank, provide enough volume, but a shallower depth . . . we use hang-in specimen containers for a lot of things, have tried breeder nets, and have created DIY air-powered inflow / outflow extender tanks. I think there's room in the market for a dedicated EZ Fry System. 

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 5

• Administrators
1 hour ago, James Black said:

Could we please get a 😍 reaction, for when we see a pretty fish, fish doing something cute, or even a stunning scape? I get why we dont have like a trillion different reactions, but one more couldn't hurt, right?

Implemented.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone else having issues with uploading photos?  I'm getting a lot of "failed to attach"...and then, I post and my photos are double posted.

I use screenshots like it's my j.o.b., so they're at most 1.4 MB and pngs.

Maybe it's just me...🤷‍♀️  Maybe I need to clear my cache...😂🍪  Or, maybe I need to be adding fewer photos...🤦‍♀️

• Like 3

@Streetwise thank you!

Looking forward to the first Nerm talk on bettas, can't wait to see the footage from Peru (so I am probably almost as excited as the Peru team), and looking forward to future Nerm / CARE trading abilities. 

Hoping to see everyone choosing to leave IRL induced "scarcity mindset" outside of the forum, so Cory can start to enjoy hanging out in here again. 

Y'all have done some hard work building the store, this platform, and the YouTube channel. I understand that current events are driving a lot of intense emotional reactions, and a lot of folx are struggling with the concept that 'change begins with me'.

So, TL/DR thanks for all the hard work, thanks to the entire Co-Op crew for modeling 'making the world a better place, one fish keeper at a time', and thanks for all the patience with people passing their own traumas / fears through to other people. 

Y'all rock!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1