Suggestion Box

Daniel

On 3/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, JettsPapa said:

I wonder if it would be possible to show the actual time when replies are posted instead of how many hours or minutes ago?  I'd especially like that on the "Unread Content" page.

Interesting idea. I will see what options are available in the settings.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:58 PM, Odd Duck said:

Can we get more reactions?  I almost always run out before I’m done reading the forum.

I will also see what the configuration choices are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Any plans to add regional/state sub forums? I see we have a 'Trader Feedback' status on our accounts and it would be nice to be able to trade our spawning projects with other locals. I know the whole buy/sell/self advertising is a no no per the guidelines, but to be able to trade/offload fish/inverts/plants/hardware to others would be nice. 

***Disregard, saw it talked about once I went back in this thread***

Edited by Tihshho
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:01 AM, FlyingFishKeeper said:

Hi personally I'd love to have something like a bookmark feature for posts or photos. That way if I find that I frequently need something, like for example post or chart of how to treat a disease I could bookmark it then come back with a few clicks. 

I would like to second this, a need for this ive had lately is reading through some journal pages. Some are very long and I don’t finish in 1 setting. If there was a way to set a bookmark instead of trying to remember what page and what post I left off on. 
Another use, I want to breed corys in the future but not ready to research yet but have come across some interesting post about this subject, so I have to follow. Don’t necessarily want notifications now but don’t wanna change settings so I don’t get notifications on follows I want them for. But a bookmark I could go back and read this thread whenever I am ready.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

First time I had this issue on the forum, but have had issues with it multiple times over email and other social media platforms. 

pronouns under the profile picture. With a lot of people using fish as a profile picture, it is impossible to tell what pronouns they use. Personally, I find it would be super helpful when referring other people. 

• Like 4

On 9/18/2021 at 1:29 AM, Keeg said:

First time I had this issue on the forum, but have had issues with it multiple times over email and other social media platforms. 

pronouns under the profile picture. With a lot of people using fish as a profile picture, it is impossible to tell what pronouns they use. Personally, I find it would be super helpful when referring other people. 

Just use the individuals username, then there isn't any issues.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2021 at 1:29 AM, Keeg said:

Personally, I find it would be super helpful when referring other people. 

Fair enough! Some people put their pronouns in their signature. Others have it in their “about” section (take me for example). Some users may not want to say what gender they are. In that case just using their username works well. Some sentences may be awkward, but hopefully everyone is understanding and realizes we’re online and people don’t have the cues they’d normally use.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, Tihshho said:

Any plans to add regional/state sub forums?

I started this thread for Minnesota of my own accord.  There are a number of folks here from Minnesota and it seemed like something that would be useful.  No one has deleted it, so it gets updated from time to time.  There's been local club updates.  Severe weather updates.  Department of Natural Resources updates.  Just whatever folks around here might care about.  And I've been glad at least one other person has decided to add stuff to it.  Not a thriving community thread yet, but you never know what will happen over time. 

I think you said you are in MD.  There are at least a few others from The Old Line State around here if I recall correctly.  You could start a Maryland thread and make it all about the things people in MD might care about.  You know, The Preakness Stakes, blue crabs, etc.  😆 

• Like 4

On 9/19/2021 at 8:41 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I think you said you are in MD.  There are at least a few others from The Old Line State around here if I recall correctly.  You could start a Maryland thread and make it all about the things people in MD might care about.  You know, The Preakness Stakes, blue crabs, etc.

Not a bad idea. I have a feeling if too many of these threads happen though it's going to turn into a giant mess for the Mods though and they already have a lot to do.

@Streetwise any chance on getting regional sub forums up/location badges under our names (for those who wish to enable that)? Figure getting a regional/state sub forum would help weed out posts when people are perusing and if say someone local is letting go of equipment people can check their local sub forum. 

On 9/19/2021 at 9:25 PM, Streetwise said:

The forum is not the right venue for local commerce. Please review the guidelines.

Fair enough. I was going to ask about trading or handing off old equipment to others, but it seems to be covered in the guidelines. If that's the case, can we get rid of the 'Trader Feedback' portion under each user since we won't be using it?

On 9/19/2021 at 8:09 PM, Streetwise said:

You are doing positive community building with news, weather, events, social, and stories.

To be fair, it was not me that expanded the purpose of the thread to alert others to the severe weather.  That excellent innovation entirely goes to @DSH OUTDOORS.  I didn't want to take credit for the most caring and tangible use of that thread.  I'm glad he did that.  It was a good call.  Sentences short.  Caffeine not yet soaked in.  😴

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 7:04 PM, Fish Folk said:

Ah! my eyes! my eyes! Where did "Aquarium Co-Op Dark" go?? No alternate views appear anymore at the bottom of any pages. 

I commented in the other thread about this too, but I use a plugin called "dark reader" to get "dark mode" on this forum (and the rest of the internet).  it looks like this

image.png.81ea011f314257302df6618cba56972d.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Maybe there could be an option for users to choose a their area of expertise? Like cichlid people can have a badge with a cichlid cartoon so people can easily know who to ask about cichlid related questions, just a thought

• Like 3

On 10/7/2021 at 1:21 AM, CT_ said:

I commented in the other thread about this too, but I use a plugin called "dark reader" to get "dark mode" on this forum (and the rest of the internet).  it looks like this

image.png.81ea011f314257302df6618cba56972d.png

Just added DARK READER from the App store. Holy Batman! This is awesome. Where have you been all my life?? 😂 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:35 AM, Hobbit said:

Suggestion for another reaction type, if I may:

😮

Or something for amazement/surprise.

I've thought this so often! But I've sometimes realized that if I reply with a "wow," people might not know whether to take it as a positive or negative.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, CalmedByFish said:

But I've sometimes realized that if I reply with a "wow," people might not know whether to take it as a positive or negative.

Yeah, that’s why I thought maybe we didn’t have that reaction. Or because they don’t want to encourage shock-value posting. It could be a substitute for the angry emoji and reward people for posting negative things.

I’m not sure what this forum’s possible sets of emojis look like, so it could depend on what they have available and whether the surprise faces look positive or negative.

• Like 1