Suggestion Box

Daniel

44 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Very minor piece of feedback re: the updated website design. The Notification bell icon no longer provides a number / numbers indicating unchecked message replies. Is this something that can be recovered in settings? Or is it a discontinued feature altogether? Love the Forum. Just trying to make most effective use of it. 

There many things that seem to be broken including the above. Every topic and every search are now just 1 page. It is no longer possible to move to page 2 or beyond on anything.

2 hours ago, Fish Folk said:

Very minor piece of feedback re: the updated website design. The Notification bell icon no longer provides a number / numbers indicating unchecked message replies. Is this something that can be recovered in settings? Or is it a discontinued feature altogether? Love the Forum. Just trying to make most effective use of it. 

i have the same issue

Curious why the mobile version of the forums has a "mark forum as read" button at the bottom, but the desktop version does not have that anywhere unless you back out to the main section and click it there. Would be really nice to have that button on the desktop version.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Squeegee79 said:

Curious why the mobile version of the forums has a "mark forum as read" button at the bottom, but the desktop version does not have that anywhere unless you back out to the main section and click it there. Would be really nice to have that button on the desktop version.

This is because different users want different things. The cost for development to change things and fix bugs has become to high both monetary and time investment wise. Dark mode will no longer be officially support on the forum and users will need to use things like chrome plugins and such to create a dark experience if wanted. We'll be using the stock theme. I don't have the capacity at present to maintain these customizations.

14 hours ago, Cory said:

This is because different users want different things. The cost for development to change things and fix bugs has become to high both monetary and time investment wise. Dark mode will no longer be officially support on the forum and users will need to use things like chrome plugins and such to create a dark experience if wanted. We'll be using the stock theme. I don't have the capacity at present to maintain these customizations.

Sure, makes sense. I am guessing the company that serves the site for you requires that all code changes go through them so they can wreck your bank account. 

On 1/31/2021 at 8:01 PM, Cory said:

i still have it image.png.cc3a99f6a158757afbaf69b6a767191c.png

• 2 weeks later...

So, I think I've noticed that you reach:

• "The Quiet Type" at 50 posts
  • "Happy Camper" at 200 posts
  • "Active Poster" at 500 posts
  • "Elite Poster" at 1000 posts
  • "Valued Contributor" at 5000 posts
  • "Board Veteran" at 10000 posts

I'd love to see more titles at shorter requirements...like one at 25 posts, 75 posts, and maybe one at 150 to really draw people in...surely this is an opportunity to incorporate some nerm-iness! 😜

I know there are many posters that are WAY more clever than me, but I'd suggest:

• "The Quiet Type" at 25 posts
  • "Active Poster" at 75 posts
  • "Happy Camper" at 150 posts
  • "Co-Operative" at 450 Posts
  • "Elite Puffer" at 1003 Posts (1003 posts...what's life without whimsy?)
  • "Resident Expert" at 1500 posts
  • "The Nermiest" at 4500 posts
Edited by Betsy
For accuracy and elite puffers!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Betsy said:

So, I think I've noticed that you reach:

• "The Quiet Type" at 50 posts
  • "Active Poster" at 500 posts
  • "Elite Poster" at 1000 posts?

I'd love to see more titles at shorter requirements...like one at 25 posts, 75 posts, and maybe one at 150 to really draw people in...surely this is an opportunity to incorporate some nerm-iness! 😜

I know there are many posters that are WAY more clever than me, but I'd suggest:

• "The Quiet Type" at 25 posts
  • "Active Poster" at 75 posts
  • "Co-Operative" at 450 Posts
  • "Elite Poster" at 1003 Posts (1003 posts...what's life without whimsy?)
  • "Resident Expert" at 1500 posts
  • "The Nermiest" at 4500 posts

Your Missing...

-Valued Contributor

-_______Veteraen (Its something veteraen I cant seem to make it out in the Tiny picture cory uploaded. It looks like "bored veteraen)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, James Black said:

Your Missing...

-Valued Contributor

-_______Veteraen (Its something veteraen I cant seem to make it out in the Tiny picture cory uploaded. It looks like "bored veteraen)

Not "bored". "Board veteran" I think. Tho by that time they might also be bored!🤪

• Haha 5

@James Black - My search terms must have been super lame!  I was searching for that exact post!  I will edit my above suggestion post to include Valued Contributor and Board Veteran!  Thank you!!

10K posts...has or will anyone ever reached that status??  I'm with @Brandy - if you had made that many posts...bored veteran might be most accurate! 🤣

@Daniel and @Maggie - I will update my original suggestion post to say Elite Puffer! 🐡🐡🐡

Fun titles are so fun!!!

45 minutes ago, Betsy said:

@James Black - My search terms must have been super lame!  I was searching for that exact post!  I will edit my above suggestion post to include Valued Contributor and Board Veteran!  Thank you!!

10K posts...has or will anyone ever reached that status??  I'm with @Brandy - if you had made that many posts...bored veteran might be most accurate! 🤣

@Daniel and @Maggie - I will update my original suggestion post to say Elite Puffer! 🐡🐡🐡

Fun titles are so fun!!!

@Daniel probably will reach 10k

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/31/2021 at 12:44 PM, Daniel said:

There many things that seem to be broken including the above. Every topic and every search are now just 1 page. It is no longer possible to move to page 2 or beyond on anything.

Since its not getting any extra development (thanks for leaving it as an option! i'm still using it) I thought people might like to know you can still get to the next pages by changing the url.  you can add "/page/2" to get to the second page and change 2 to whatever to get to whatever page you want.  eg
https://forum.aquariumcoop.com/forum/4-general-discussion/page/2/

Question and suggestion: are we able to give more reactions as our forum status changes? If not, I would love to see that feature. I’m the kind of person that often uses all my reactions, but I would love it if when I changed from “happy camper” to “active poster” (which happened today! Yay!) I would get another 5 reactions per day or something.

I know limited reactions make us use them more wisely. But maybe we could have a way to earn a few more? 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDoc said:

I didn't even realize there was a limit on the number of reactions you could give.  That's a daily thing?

It runs a 24 cycle but I think the developers must be in the UK or Finland or Tuvalu because sometimes I run out of reaction in the morning but by afternoon they are back. I asked about it once but didn't get back an actionable answer.

• Haha 2

Just now, Hobbit said:

@Daniel is it possible the rotation is continuous? That it’s a limit to the number of reactions in the past 24 hours, rather than starting over at a certain time of day?

I wondered that too. But eventually came to believe there it more like a midnight to midnight cycle. I just didn't know when midnight was.

I definitely could be wrong because getting a few more reactions in the morning seems like a rolling 24 hour limit. But later in the day when my ability to react comes back, it comes back like a flood which seems like a midnight to midnight type of cycle.

Maybe it is neither of these options.🙂

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 1:52 PM, MDoc said:

I didn't even realize there was a limit on the number of reactions you could give.  That's a daily thing?

I just hit my reaction limit ceiling. du-OH! 🤪 So, can someone tell me, what is our daily reactions allotment? Is there a counter somewhere that shows how many reactions I used today (or in a cycle)? Or must I keep track of that myself? 😬🤔