Suggestion Box

Daniel

On 8/9/2023 at 9:16 AM, JettsPapa said:

I'm not a moderator, but I like the idea.  Maybe it could be visible when we hover on a member's icon?

I would also suggest we have the opportunity to enter that information in our user profile.  That way if someone didn't want it displayed he or she could just choose not to enter it.

image.png.16be46b4708870e00dfd420e40b45448.png

I like the idea of making it optional too.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 8/9/2023 at 8:28 AM, Janoš Bećar Pecaroš said:

@Zenzo 

I think it would be very useful at times to know the location of a poster. For example, if somebody is talking about tap water quality or shipping something. Maybe just under the avatar include city and state. What do you think about this?

Many people are private and do not want disclose their location. It would be better to just ask the person posting what area they are referring to when it comes to their tap water, etc. This way they may choose how much information they want to share. If they choose to, they could give a general region (like Western Idaho, Souther Missouri, etc.), or be more specific and list a city or even a neighborhood. 

On 8/9/2023 at 10:37 AM, Zenzo said:

Many people are private and do not want disclose their location. It would be better to just ask the person posting what area they are referring to when it comes to their tap water, etc. This way they may choose how much information they want to share. If they choose to, they could give a general region (like Western Idaho, Souther Missouri, etc.), or be more specific and list a city or even a neighborhood. 

This is something that can be optional, and I’m not asking for the exact address with a street view, but a town and state, or at least state would be nice. 

For example, I live in St. Louis. There is some 3.5 million people in metro area. Good luck finding me just from that info, but it could be a nice added piece of information to put my water changes and chemicals I use in perspective. 

P.S.

I don’t know if you are aware of this. But anyone that posts to this forum can be tracked thru their IP address. Even if anonymous. And the IP address can be linked to the physical address.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 10:37 AM, Zenzo said:

I understand that not everyone would want to share that information, but if we had it available in our profiles then people could add whatever information they feel comfortable with there, and others wouldn't need to ask.

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 8/9/2023 at 8:47 AM, JettsPapa said:

I understand that not everyone would want to share that information, but if we had it available in our profiles then people could add whatever information they feel comfortable with there, and others wouldn't need to ask.

Easy solution: Add your location in your signature if you'd like to share. 😉