What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 7/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, PineSong said:

Wow, I am psyched to see all the variety of music posted in this thread. It's like music appreciation school! Like a fantastic buffet.

Despite the sunshine here I'm in a melancholy mood and this song is a go-to. If I could choose a voice to have, this might be the one I'd pick:

Back in the day when I had an 8-track player in my truck I'd always play Chicago's Hot Streets album when it was raining.  Forty years later I don't remember why.

• Like 2

Our taste is a little peculiar we like modern gospel and southern gospel 

Do it by the book End Harvest Ministries 

End Time Zone End Harvest Ministries 

that is a local southern gospel group

another good local song that just came out is One Day by VOV

There was another in the fire Hillsong United and Taya

air one radio 📻 

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd mention in here I saw the ABBA voyage hologram show last week. Has to be said it was an odd experience. That I don't think I want as the future of live music. That said glad I had the opportunity watch.

I see a lot of live music and theatre as an aid to a disabled friend which means I can see most of these things for free.

@PineSong  Edgar & Johnny Winter both were amazing musicians  and had that famous  blonde long white hair

@FLFishChik I am still living in the 70's -90's    never left them 🤣... The  80's best times in music 

@JettsPapa I have that Chicago's Hot Streets album in my collection, might have to dig it out, have not listened to for a long time .I really like the documentary of  Chicago's member guitarist  Terry Kath that his daughter did  .. " Called "Chicago: The Terry Kath Experience" that  is on YouTube .. I love to  watch different documentaries of different  music , bands and artist 

• Like 3

On 8/3/2022 at 8:30 AM, JettsPapa said:

This popped up on Pandora just now, so I found it on youtube (if I've posted it here before please forgive me, I'm old and forget things).

By the way, I'm a big fan of the artist; the cookies, not so much.

Try the Lemon Thins and the Mint Thins.

Love SRV.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

That “Music Explosion” video makes me realize that in pretty much every video I’ve seen from that era of rock bands they all look like they can’t believe they’re on TV and getting paid to perform.  Like they can’t believe they’re making money from playing music.  The very definition of garage bands, all of them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 8/31/2022 at 1:08 PM, Odd Duck said:

That “Music Explosion” video makes me realize that in pretty much every video I’ve seen from that era of rock bands they all look like they can’t believe they’re on TV and getting paid to perform.  Like they can’t believe they’re making money from playing music.  The very definition of garage bands, all of them.

I just rewatched it and you are so right. It seems like the first part of the song he was staring at cameras in amazement before he got his groove on. 

• Like 3

Heavy Organ!   The pipe organ, and the skill to play it well has always captivated me. I'll listen to anything from Bach to Vangelis, but the covers of modern music are brain candy for me.  What ever quickens the pulse: Metallica, anything Game of Thrones, and sometimes something just fun.  @chrisharvey1160 Thanks for the reminder. Rammstein's Du Hast is in my favorites, as is an organ cover of Deutschland.

• Like 2
  • Love 1