What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

On 6/14/2022 at 7:57 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

A song with an intro that lasts over a minute, and by the end of the song I'm still waiting for when it might pick up and start..?  If my wife doesn't know this musician, then I'll have to introduce him to here.  That is her kind of music! 

As for me...

A concept that is becoming relevant for me for the first time since high school:

He has other stuff that you might like better.  That’s one of my favorites for a mellow mood.  He does do primarily acoustic, though.  I like the tone and texture of his voice.  It feels like beach music when we’ve been jet skiing in the surf all day, we’ve had supper, and we’re just hanging out around the fire.

Edited by Odd Duck
Fix double post.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

This one popped up on Pandora a few minutes ago.  Guy Clark wrote and recorded a lot of good songs, but I think this one is my favorite.

And then there's this one:

One more:

Last one.  I spent a fair amount of time at dance halls when I was younger, and I can tell from this song that he did too.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 8:07 PM, Odd Duck said:

I thought I was going to surprise my spouse with a new band, turns out this is the main throat singing group we've had playing in our home the past couple of months, ever since I got her the YouTube unlimited (hates ads). This is phenomenal!!!! (And one we hadn't listened to yet)

On 6/15/2022 at 8:39 PM, Odd Duck said:

This is a fave.

So, one of the most amazing births I have ever attended (ca. 2002) was with a grandmother, the birthing parent, and me. That was the extent of attendants. I didn't know at the time, how many traditional ways had been banned, and how difficult it was for People to move past the fear to reclaim birthrights.... literally.

I was given permission to share 3 tones of throat singing with other birthing parents, because the sounds do help with opening and allowing. I wasn't given permission to share much more than that, and now there's a movie where The People get to tell their own story.... and it is beautiful.

I have been hooked on throat singing for 2 decades now, and appreciate the medicine behind the music. Thank you for sharing these, now I know who my spouse has had us listening to, lol

Now, I am going to go watch the movie again, and my spouse asked if you ever listened to these groups before...

Movie clip

https://aeon.co/videos/inuit-throat-singing-is-half-performance-half-game-and-wholly-mesmerising

Groups:

I haven’t seen the Inuit video before but I’ve seen both Snow Raven and Otyken before.  Not those specific videos, but others from each of them.  I’ll pass on Snow Raven other than a novelty act.

I like this one from Otyken a bit better.  Not sure I could listen to a lot of them long term like I can with The Hu.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 10:00 PM, Odd Duck said:

I haven’t seen the Inuit video before but I’ve seen both Snow Raven and Otyken before.  Not those specific videos, but others from each of them.  I’ll pass on Snow Raven other than a novelty act.

I like this one from Otyken a bit better.  Not sure I could listen to a lot of them long term like I can with The Hu.

Only one I like better (right now) than My Wing, is Genesis. I can't always listen to them, but full moons they speak to me.... A good reminder the Earth will ultimately always be okay.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:57 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

A concept that is becoming relevant for me for the first time since high school:

Both concepts (age and gas prices) are becoming more relevant for me.  I haven't seen long lines at a gas station since the 1979 crisis when I panicked and sold my new truck because gas was going to hit $1.00 a gallon

• Like 2

On 6/16/2022 at 9:15 AM, Tanked said:

Both concepts (age and gas prices) are becoming more relevant for me.  I haven't seen long lines at a gas station since the 1979 crisis when I panicked and sold my new truck because gas was going to hit $1.00 a gallon

I remember that well.  I was driving a pickup that had a 20 gallon factory tank and a 30 gallon auxiliary tank that was installed by a previous owner.  When gas hit $1.25 per gallon it took $70.00 to fill both tanks, which doesn't sound too bad until you think about it took me two days to make $70.00 back then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last night it was live music with James, their smallest gig in about 20 years and you can tell they loved the experience as did we all.

They threw the gig into their current tour as extra date to raise money for war child. Which was jolly nice of them.

Now to spend the day listening to their back catalogue 

IMG20220629211807.jpg

Is there any body having trouble with this thread?..  it takes forever to load and sometimes it freezes and when you try to post the text editor freezes too, it must be  because it a long thread ,, the thread might have to be shorten  or a new continue thread started 

Hello every one have not visit this thread for a while  I am not listen to anything special 

I have been listening to this video this morning  The Struts  i like their music they open for Monty Crue and have liked them ever since   this reminds of the 70’s & 80’s  style music  ,,

The girl is Paris Jackson  Michael Jackson  daughter 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 10:31 AM, Bev C said:

Is there any body having trouble with this thread?..  it takes forever to load and sometimes it freezes and when you try to post the text editor freezes too, it must be  because it a long thread ,, the thread might have to be shorten  or a new continue thread started 

No problems on my end, using Chrome on my desktop.

On 6/30/2022 at 10:31 AM, Bev C said:

Hello every one have not visit this thread for a while  I am not listen to anything special 

I have been listening to this video this morning  The Struts  i like their music they open for Monty Crue and have liked them ever since   this reminds of the 70’s & 80’s  style music  ,,

The girl is Paris Jackson  Michael Jackson  daughter 

this page has been slow loading for me too.

thanks everyone  it is really slow loading  for me the text editor  froze had to refresh the page  2-4 times to load  to post this message  ,, I usually use my ipad  , but i tried on my laptop , and desktop pc too and it is slow on all three …i tried Safari, Microsoft Chromr Edge, Brave , and Chrome browsers and it doing on all the browsers  i even checked my internet connection and only having trouble here

Edited by Bev C

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I am psyched to see all the variety of music posted in this thread. It's like music appreciation school! Like a fantastic buffet.

Despite the sunshine here I'm in a melancholy mood and this song is a go-to. If I could choose a voice to have, this might be the one I'd pick:

And just in case you're like me and like Edgar Winter Group's Frankenstein but have never actually seen the man play all those instruments in one go...here's a masterpiece and the master at work:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1