What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

@lefty o Thank you for posting , Steppenwolf ,   Golden Earring, and Manfred Mann  I have not heard Blinded By The Light for years  and Janis  that would have been something seeing her live  I was only 9 or 10 when she passed 

I kinda stole this link-video  from my nephew,  he posted this song for his wife for their Anniversary I thought was awesome song  would  be a good song at a wedding reception 

• Like 1

I love the sound of  guitar, specially in blues  or rock/  southern rock  I have been following this YouTube Artist about a year now He is an amazing guitarist   his name is Dovydas from Lithuanian

He performs  on the streets. His location is in Florida,    he can turn any song into his own . He can take a song that he has never  heard of that someone request, watch a quick video  and remake it its own.  It is in interesting  to watch him putting together a song. If I ever get to Florida, I would love to go see him  he also does full show around the Florida area to

This is a little long but very interesting,  but worth the watch one of my favorite  videos of his 

it is with worth  checking his channel out and watch more than one ... of his  video you will get hooked 

his channel Dovydas Music Channel

On 5/7/2022 at 12:30 PM, Bev C said:

@Beardedbillygoat1975

Thank you for the shares ...  Jack White is a musical genus like Prince was ...Jack has worked with allot of musical artist from all walks and his own music  is a little  unusually to me .. But  I love it .. I always wonder what he is going to come up with  next ..

@JettsPapa pointed out to me that Steve Earle had a son that was an artist too thank you very much JettsPapa  ..

Justin Townes Earle  I have been checking out is music last few days .. I found out that Justin  passed away .. that is a shame .. I like his music allot I listened to him on Spotify at first then went and bought a few albums of his  sharing one of Justin's  I really like this song from his album Single Mothers

I just played that one directly on YouTube.  This one followed it.

• Love 2

On 5/5/2022 at 7:24 PM, Bev C said:

Guppynail   we only had one Tv back then ,, and every week  no matter what we watched Lawrence Welk , Hee Haw, Lucy , Carol Burnett  and Dukes of Hazzard , Waltons , Little House on Prairie and  Disney Weekly Movies  & occasionally Elvis movie Mom”s favorite   Us kids was the TV remote control 

Hee Haw was probably the only show not on our schedule.  There was a lot of Green Acres and Petticoat Junction. Mom liked the sitcoms.  Otherwise, we were free to mix it up.  The single exception that I remember was the weekly taping of the Andy Williams Show. Mom insisted that the room had to remain absolutely silent so my little brother could record the music on his cassette recorder.  

• Love 1

I listen to a little bit of everything from heavy metal to country. This morning I’m on some Orville Peck, a masked man who is in the new country scene but sounds very classic in some ways. 🙂 

On 5/10/2022 at 7:42 AM, JettsPapa said:

Here's another good one that popped up.  He's probably not for everyone, but I like it.

This is a great one by him! 

• Like 2

Thanks  JettsPapa  for the Colter Wall Share  I had to share with my brother .. that sound is up his alley  He loved the song  ... also  like the  Uncle Lucius  video too 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 1

My musical tastes run the gamut, depending on my mood.  There are days I listen to nothing but classical.  Other days, I listen to life metal (Christian Death Metal...think DEMON HUNTER).  The more important thing to me, when the music has words, is the message.  I've learned I need to be very selective what I let in my ear gates.  I have not made it 14 years without a drink listening to the same songs I used to perform at the bars!  For the most part, whether it's bluegrass, Adult Contemporary, Southern gospel or Gospel gospel (or podcasts for that matter), the Christian message is usually coming through my speakers.

• Like 1

@ADMWNDSR83 my music taste is all over the place, I love rock, blues,  jazz the best and it is what I  play the most of

...  But my father & mother  loved music it  was sometimes picked over the TV while growing up    Country and Gospel, Blues  Jazz   & Big Band were my Dad's favorites,  he left a whole  basement album collection to us when he passed. 

My Mom loved everything Elvis &  Elton John  & she also like  classical and rock & some country    I have one brother who  only  listens to country but  My other brother and I do not mind listening to everything,  it depends on who we are around.

But in my house  as adult I will say music is played in my house more than  The TV  

Edited by Bev C

@JettsPapa do  not see anything wrong with that playlist, Even though I listen to rock & blues the most,  I will admit I am a big Kenny Rogers fan .. I had the pleasure of meeting him, and I was a big fan afterwards & I cried when I heard he passed away  I have all his albums  

I listen to Pandora allot while I clean and in the front of the house on my TV  ...

in the back of the house  I listen to my stereo or Spotify  I have my stereo in my computer room it is  the room  I am in the most  I like Spotify if I find a new artist and checking out their music  before buying ,,, I still buy a lot of the music to support the artist plus I like to go and get a new CD or Vinyl album  feels like Christmas getting new music 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:13 PM, Bev C said:

@JettsPapa do  not see anything wrong with that playlist, Even though I listen to rock & blues the most,  I will admit I am a big Kenny Rogers fan .. I had the pleasure of meeting him, and I was a big fan afterwards & I cried when I heard he passed away  I have all his albums  

I like some of his older music, like Rueben James and Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town.  I was less fond of his later stuff.

• Like 1

Wasn't the Ruben James I was expecting. 🐟  

I was thinking more The  Kingston Trio, Weavers, Old Highwaymen, Woody Guthrie...  (The Sinking of the Good Ruben James).

Multiple cross country trips as a young person exposed me to more country music than I would have liked, but my appreciation did grow quite a bit.  The Highwayman (Highwaymen), Ring of Fire (Home Free)(Johnny Cash), Jolene (Miley Cyrus), Copperhead Road (Steve Earl) have all made it into my collection.

• Love 1

On 5/11/2022 at 8:57 AM, Tanked said:

. . . The Highwayman (Highwaymen), Ring of Fire (Home Free)(Johnny Cash), Jolene (Miley Cyrus), Copperhead Road (Steve Earl) have all made it into my collection.

I prefer Dolly Parton's version.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 11:30 AM, JettsPapa said:

I prefer Dolly Parton's version.

I like the Dolly version, but the Miley version seems a little less twangy to my ears.

@Odd DuckThe Dolly/Pentatonix version  is in a class by itself for those of us who enjoy acapella

• Like 3

Love The Fish / Rubuen song video  😃

I love Sweet Music Man  & Ruby  Don't Take Your Love To Town they are my all-time favorite   Ruben Jamesis good too  I like more of Kenny;s songs that is not his big  hits that is on his albums ...

I like the song Jolene   like Dolly and Miley versions  Milry  does it  justice  really like Dolly & Pentatonix ( amazing talented group they can sing anything  ) 

@ADMWNDSR83 Thanks for the suggestion  The Petersens  version is very  good I will have  to show that to my brother he loves country and bluegrass 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 1

I  have been listening to different styles this evening  from a little country , little rock and allot of SRV  ,, I think Stevie Ray Vaughan was one of the best guitarist I have been listening  to his audio but had to watch one of my favorite videos with Stevie with the great  Albert King 

Been listing to Phil Collins also  this evening  I love this live clip of him doing In The Air Tonight … it  must be hard to play drums and sing at the same time 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/14/2022 at 12:47 AM, Bev C said:

Love The Fish / Rubuen song video  😃

I love Sweet Music Man  & Ruby  Don't Take Your Love To Town they are my all-time favorite   Ruben James is good too  I like more of Kenny;s songs that is not his big  hits that is on his albums ...

I like the song Jolene   like Dolly and Miley versions  Milry  does it  justice  really like Dolly & Pentatonix ( amazing talented group they can sing anything  ) 

@ADMWNDSR83 Thanks for the suggestion  The Petersens  version is very  good I will have  to show that to my brother he loves country and bluegrass 

Glad you liked it.  The song wasn't what I expected, and as it turned out, neither was the video.  During our western expeditions, the driver picked the music, so there was a lot of Kenny Rogers.  The Gambler, Ruby, Lucille and Rueben James all bring back memories, but the Kingston Trio version eclipsed Kenny's in my head.

@ADMWNDSR83.  I like listening to various covers as long as they don't stray too far from the original.  The slide guitar work adds a lot to the Peterson's version.

• Like 1