What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

Three  Dog Night   amazing band ..   always loved snicking into my older brother’s room and look at his albums he had one or two albums by TDN and I always loved the Copperhead Road song from Steve Earl ,, saw him in a club in the 90’s   like his song Guitar Town live too.. Dukes of Hazzard Theme reminds me of my little brother his favorite show as a child  

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2022 at 3:18 PM, Bev C said:

Three  Dog Night   amazing band ..   always loved snicking into my older brother’s room and look at his albums he had one or two albums by TDN and I always loved the Copperhead Road song from Steve Earl ,, saw him in a club in the 90’s   like his song Guitar Town live too.. Dukes of Hazzard Theme reminds me of my little brother his favorite show as a child  

His son made some good music too.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

@JettsPapa thank you for the share his son  looks like Steve at that age kinda sounds like him  too ,, loved the song Will have to go check out his  son’s music ,,

@Guppysnail @lefty o 😆😂Leafty  I am sure that is one of the reasons my brother Bryan  liked the show .. those Daisy Duke shorts ..   plus the car

Guppynail   we only had one Tv back then ,, and every week  no matter what we watched Lawrence Welk , Hee Haw, Lucy , Carol Burnett  and Dukes of Hazzard , Waltons , Little House on Prairie and  Disney Weekly Movies  & occasionally Elvis movie Mom”s favorite   Us kids was the TV remote control 

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/5/2022 at 7:24 PM, Bev C said:

we only had one Tv back then ,, and every week  no matter what we watched Lawrence Welk , Hee Haw, Lucy , Carol Burnett  and Dukes of Hazzard , Waltons , Little House on Prairie and  Disney Weekly Movies  & occasionally Elvis movie

Bev… you must have been sitting in our living room with us 🤣. Oh my that line up brought back memories one small tv antenna and the dials you actually had to stand up and go turn. I loved Barbie Benton on Hee Haw. Hubs and I just binged (over weeks) The old Fantasy Island series with Ricardo Montelbon she guested on often. 

• Like 2

@Guppysnail Yes  the Tv with dials  that is why my 2 brothers and I was the Tv remote controller 😂 and do not forget the tin foil on the Tv antenna  Yes   All 5 of us mostly watched family show  together  not like families now a days.. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, Bev C said:

@Guppysnail Yes  the Tv with dials  that is why my 2 brothers and I was the Tv remote controller 😂 and do not forget the tin foil on the Tv antenna  Yes   All 5 of us mostly watched family show  together  not like families now a days.. 

i did lots of dial turning, and adjusting rabbit ears as a kid.

I'm listening to all the music on this page tonight, and interacting with the forum on a separate tab🤣

@Guppysnail & @Bev C I was told out TV was broken and only got one channel when I was growing up, so PBS was the only channel that worked.

Wasn't until I went away to college that I found out Walter Cronkite & Dan Rather (my dad's 2 shows) weren't on PBS🙄, so I watched 30 minutes of TV (if I wanted any) and got to pick between Sesame Street, Mr Rogers, Zoom (once it debuted) or Electric Company. Generally, I preferred to play at the creek down the road😁

Music then was the NCSU radio station until I could buy my own vinyls. I tried to give my kids similar opportunities by raising them on the Canadian border in WA, so they could safely play outside from when the sun came up until the sun went down....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/5/2022 at 6:24 PM, Bev C said:

@JettsPapa thank you for the share his son  looks like Steve at that age kinda sounds like him  too ,, loved the song Will have to go check out his  son’s music ,,

@Guppysnail @lefty o 😆😂Leafty  I am sure that is one of the reasons my brother Bryan  liked the show .. those Daisy Duke shorts ..   plus the car

Guppynail   we only had one Tv back then ,, and every week  no matter what we watched Lawrence Welk , Hee Haw, Lucy , Carol Burnett  and Dukes of Hazzard , Waltons , Little House on Prairie and  Disney Weekly Movies  & occasionally Elvis movie Mom”s favorite   Us kids was the TV remote control 

My sister and I were also the remote, and I can add Gunsmoke and Bonanza to the list.  Also, when General Hospital was on we had to play outside, or quietly in our rooms.

• Like 1

@Torrey  I remember those days  us kids knew if Tv was really working we was the remote and antenna turners 😂 my brothers would hit the side to we knew we only 3 -4 channels on the Tv  on good days non rainy day ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS.. on bad days we got CBS  or none 

@JettsPapa  Yes I forgot about those two shows  Mom thought Michael Landon Little Joe was cute.. oh my word I have about the same  story of General Hospital the days of organ music 😅My grandmother  lived with us and she would babysit she was all ours a wonderful grandma  only time she wanted to be left alone was-she was cooking dinner, or we had company or General Hospital time  she told us for we had 3 choice go play outside, take a nap or sit down and watch with  no talking   do anything but not disturb her General Hospital  time Unless the house was on fire,  or you needed to go to the hospital 🏥 I guess she was the one got me hooked watching General Hospital I still watch it  today 😂😂

Edited by Bev C
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:44 AM, Bev C said:

. . .  Mom thought Michael Landon Little Joe was cute.. 

I also remember that if we were visiting friends or relatives on Sunday we had to be home in time for my mother to watch The Six Million Dollar Man.

• Love 2

@Beardedbillygoat1975

Thank you for the shares ...  Jack White is a musical genus like Prince was ...Jack has worked with allot of musical artist from all walks and his own music  is a little  unusually to me .. But  I love it .. I always wonder what he is going to come up with  next ..

@JettsPapa pointed out to me that Steve Earle had a son that was an artist too thank you very much JettsPapa  ..

Justin Townes Earle  I have been checking out is music last few days .. I found out that Justin  passed away .. that is a shame .. I like his music allot I listened to him on Spotify at first then went and bought a few albums of his  sharing one of Justin's  I really like this song from his album Single Mothers

and the  other video is a Full concert .. of Prince I love his Jazz and Funk music allot  he did a lot of different styles of music along with his hits  he is one of my favorite artist ( I have a lot of them 🤣)

I love this Concert I have it on video &  audio and I listen to it allot I am working in Photoshop today  doing a photo repair  listening to the audio while working  I found it on youtube  it is a little different concert  it has a few of his hits but has lots more musical gems ..

Enjoy Have a Good Day !

On 5/6/2022 at 7:44 AM, Bev C said:

I remember those days  us kids knew if Tv was really working we was the remote and antenna turners 😂 my brothers would hit the side to we knew we only 3 -4 channels on the Tv  on good days non rainy day ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS.. on bad days we got CBS  or none 

My dad had taken off the knob, and hid the pliers required to change channels in a drawer to high for us kids to reach. The TV lived on top of the violin cabinet stand, so I had to stand on a chair to turn up the volume. It's okay, and generated quite the laugh when I came home from college with a few pals and asked my dad how we watched Cronkite on PBS🤣

• Haha 1