What music are you listening to these days?

OnlyGenusCaps

Wow, finding a lot of oldies here .. Thanks everyone for sharing, I have not listened to some of these songs  for a long while,  Kentucky Rain by Elvis is my Mom's favorite song by him .. She is a big Elvis fan his music and movies were always at our house and Charlie Pride was one of my Dad's favorites ,,,

This is what I am listening to, getting into Teddy Swims here lately, been listening to him all week while working around the house ..  He has original music, but he likes to do covers too .. Here is his cover  of Georgia On My Mind .. Enjoy!🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In honor of Danny Elfman making a public appearance at Coachella, I thought I would post an Oingo Boingo song.  I think the music vid from this one must have influenced many groups vids from the 90's.  I see elements used here that appear in songs from Billy Corgan to Marilyn Mansion. 

Insanity:

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 8:44 PM, Baphijmm said:

Been listening to this kind of a lot lately

Not exactly my kind of metal, but great to have someone posting some here!

These are a bit more the style I frequent (I piked some popular and accessible selections):

Push It by Static-X:

Moon Baby by Godsmack:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 4/23/2022 at 6:03 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Not exactly my kind of metal, but great to have someone posting some here!

These are a bit more the style I frequent (I piked some popular and accessible selections):

Push It by Static-X:

Moon Baby by Godsmack:

I am naturally quite familiar with both bands! 😛

I personally tend to gravitate toward power metal, glam metal, and orchestral metal (examples include Nightwish, Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica), as well as metal that's harder to distinguish from classic hard rock (like the Edguy I linked). But then, I also like Rammstein, so. 😛

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 4:12 PM, Baphijmm said:

I personally tend to gravitate toward power metal, glam metal, and orchestral metal (examples include Nightwish, Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica), as well as metal that's harder to distinguish from classic hard rock (like the Edguy I linked). But then, I also like Rammstein, so.

That is a range there, sir!  I got from tamer stuff like I linked to a bit more intense.  I do like Mayhem and Gorgoroth, etc. 

Here is the full album that is probably Mayhem's peak IMHO - the stuff that came out of the sessions with Per Yngve Ohlin. 

On 4/23/2022 at 4:29 PM, Bev C said:

Love Godsmack ❤️

I always loved their concerts.  Metal bands are likely your best value for live music show entertainment - rivaled only by Weird Al!  🤘

• Like 1
  • Love 1