Your "Desert Island Fish"?

CalmedByFish

I heard @Cory mention in an old video that guppies are his "desert island fish" - the species he'd keep if he could only keep one. Since sustainable joy is high priority to me, I've been thinking about which one single species I'd keep if I could only ever have that one for the rest of my life. 

I'm currently thinking endlers, but I'm not certain. And I think my "desert island plant" might be vallisneria

To keep it joyful, let's assume you'll never have to resort to eating your choice.

Do you know what your "desert island" fish or plant might be? 🙂

Edited by CalmedByFish
  • Like 3

Desert plant is definitely hornwort I have it in all 8 of my tanks and my pond. I also really like cryptocoryne spiralis. Probably my desert fish is guppies DEFINETLY. I have three tanks dedicated just to guppies and I'm about to set up a spare three gallon for select breeding guppies. 

• Like 2

hmmm...

I would want some kind of livebearers perhaps platys or limias. And for a plant probably a fast easy grower like hornwort. I've had hornwort for a week now and its already doubled in quantity. The hornwort will also give some shelter for the livebearers fry.

• Like 3

Assuming i would be alone I would want a water puppy sort of fish to keep me company. A big south american cichlid of some sort. If I did that I'd probably have to go floating plants mainly so I'd go with hornwort. It would also keep me busy by growing so fast.