Peru Fish Collecting Trip 2021

Cory

Wow, very cool, what an adventure!!

Interesting that a few of the fish look like there's a mouthfull or two of fin missing... and we freak out if there's any perceived  damage on a tank kept fish. Goes to show you that wild fish are pretty dang hardy.

• Like 8

On 8/18/2021 at 11:39 AM, Andy's Fish Den said:

I don't think they have any worries about running into an iceberg down there! 🙂 

Still the addition of the Roman numeral VI leaves room to ponder if I - V are still around😀And begs the question what might have happened to them, so better choices in naming were available.

• Haha 4

On 8/17/2021 at 3:58 PM, Griznatch said:

Wow, very cool, what an adventure!!

Interesting that a few of the fish look like there's a mouthfull or two of fin missing... and we freak out if there's any perceived  damage on a tank kept fish. Goes to show you that wild fish are pretty dang hardy.

Right? I was thinking those fish look like they've had hard lives, my goodness. I'm now picturing a Disney 'Lady and the Tramp' style story when these tattered guys end up in Seattle fish tanks and the resident posh, immaculately-finned fish they are combined with either turn up their noses at them or fall in love. "Everyone loves a bad boy" fish style!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 5 weeks later...

I was seriously impressed with that video editing @JimmyGimbal!!! Not an easy task!

I saw the YouTube comment about putting the names of the fish they’re catching on the screen, and how you’d need a list of fish. I’m sure people here on the forum could help with that, at least with the video that’s already out! Just say the word and we’ll hop to it. 😀

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 5:35 PM, Streetwise said:

I shared that video here before I had a chance to watch it. I finally watched it.

This is the best original content that I have seen on YouTube. @JimmyGimbal and @Cory, when you put everything together, you need to submit it to a film festival. Can you guys provide a credits list on the forum for all the camera folks?

Thank you! haha I'm not sure that'll ever happen. You're just completely biased cause you love us 😄 I started on Video #2 .. won't be out til next week

On 9/21/2021 at 7:25 AM, Hobbit said:

I was seriously impressed with that video editing @JimmyGimbal!!! Not an easy task!

I saw the YouTube comment about putting the names of the fish they’re catching on the screen, and how you’d need a list of fish. I’m sure people here on the forum could help with that, at least with the video that’s already out! Just say the word and we’ll hop to it. 😀

Thanks Hobbit 😄 It was definitely a lot of sorting. Dean had 17 hours. Cory had around the same. Joel with 8 hours or so and Randy with 14 hours. Honestly, I haven't even watched the days ahead of day 1 collecting. I'm watching as I edit through the timeline. 

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...