What's your dream aquarium product that doesn’t exist?

pedrofisk

• Administrators

I want IV drip bags filled with live baby brine or green water, daphnia, or rotibers that you hang and control the drips into aquariums to feed over time.

id also love it if there was fairy shrimp eggs have vested in mass so it was freshwater brine shrimp essentially.

1 hour ago, Cory said:

I want IV drip bags filled with live baby brine or green water, daphnia, or rotibers that you hang and control the drips into aquariums to feed over time.

id also love it if there was fairy shrimp eggs have vested in mass so it was freshwater brine shrimp essentially.

Like this?

IVDrip.png.20ebdeb85e1eaec0d57b08f467909887.png

I catch native fairy shrimp from time to time, but never get more than a few when I have tried to raise them. They are huge and so pretty.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

I would enjoy having 2 layer sponge filters. Finer sponge on the inside of a coarse sponge.  I've thought about how to make it before but tried a box filter first to clean up my water better than single density sponges could do. I didn't want to add anything to the tank not run by air.  So far the box filter worked well enough with the coop square sponge media, I bought 2 more. But I do wish it was as easy to just drop in the tank and forget as weighted sponges are. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, LC Roszell said:

I would enjoy having 2 layer sponge filters. Finer sponge on the inside of a coarse sponge.  I've thought about how to make it before but tried a box filter first to clean up my water better than single density sponges could do. I didn't want to add anything to the tank not run by air.  So far the box filter worked well enough with the coop square sponge media, I bought 2 more. But I do wish it was as easy to just drop in the tank and forget as weighted sponges are. 

Might be easier just running two separate sponge filters in the aquarium.  One coarse, one fine.  You can always get inventive on your own, with a personalized design too; by fusing various sponge material together onto one sponge filter housing.  Lots of possibilities.  😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

This one isn't much of a fantasy, because I know they have to exist somewhere for saltwater if not freshwater, but just a relatively cost effective (obviously couldn't be cheap, but hopefully not insane) digital meter for all the stuff we'd normally test and more. What I'd love is just a handful of little meters that I clip to the side of my tank when testing or prop up inside a cup of the tank's water, and after a minute or two, it tells me all my concentrations accurate down to the decimal. I have found that a lot of the liquid test kits can give very different results each time since there's an infinite amount of variables that can be hard to prevent. Specifically the API nitrate test I have found to be inaccurate sometimes. What I would love to get first would be Nitrate, Ammonia, Phosphate, and then probably Oxygen, GH+KH, and CO2 would all be a dream come true!

Edited by TheDojoMojo
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Mine is a root tab inserter thingy.  Like giant syringe for root tabs because my tank is deep and my arms cannot reach the substrate without me getting soaked.  After searching feverishly for such a thing I actually saw it on one of Rachel  O'Leary's videos. She said it is not available in the U.S. 

So it exists and i am waiting for Aquarium Co-op  to bring it to us.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Ksant6 said:

Mine is a root tab inserter thingy.  Like giant syringe for root tabs because my tank is deep and my arms cannot reach the substrate without me getting soaked.  After searching feverishly for such a thing I actually saw it on one of Rachel  O'Leary's videos. She said it is not available in the U.S. 

So it exists and i am waiting for Aquarium Co-op  to bring it to us.

What immediately came to my mind was the Ronco Solid Flavor Injector, I bet that would work! 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ksant6 said:

Mine is a root tab inserter thingy.  Like giant syringe for root tabs because my tank is deep and my arms cannot reach the substrate without me getting soaked. 

I have something like that. This was designed to put fertilizer tabs in the substrate. I like the name 'Bottom Release'. ☺️

648210611_BottomRelease.jpg.a9cfcc9ccb71278864e983d170bf0c27.jpg

You push the plunger and it pushed the pellet out the bottom.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I have something like that. This was designed to put fertilizer tabs in the substrate. I like the name 'Bottom Release'. ☺️

I wish ADA products were more readily available in the US 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2020 at 3:54 PM, Pete said:

I want a heater / HOB filter combo. It makes sense to me. Both are items you size to the tank volume, so why not combine them? It'd be sweet to come up with an aftermarket impeller / heater insert that would work in an Aquaclear so you only have one plug to plug in. 

That’s a great idea 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Daniel said:

That is it!!! I need this!  How do I tag Corey ...please bring this to the U.S.!!

• Like 2

I want a cory clone/app thing so when I have dumb question I can ask. Even if it just gives me a good source to go look up and do research. I have a lot of dumb questions, being a very literal person does not help my case. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, DaveSamsell said:

I would like to see a test strip to accurately diagnose the top 5, most common, aquarium fish diseases.  

Forget these for fish, I want this for humans! Dave, let's you and I make these, get FDA approval, become Billionaires, buy Fluval and Universal Rocks, and put @Cory in charge of both companies!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

• Administrators
On 7/22/2020 at 9:27 AM, Daniel said:

Like this?

IVDrip.png.20ebdeb85e1eaec0d57b08f467909887.png

I catch native fairy shrimp from time to time, but never get more than a few when I have tried to raise them. They are huge and so pretty.

Yes, where can I find that aqua dose thing? @Daniel

3 minutes ago, Cory said:

Yes, where can I find that aqua dose thing? @Daniel

This is the Kent Marine AquaDose system, not quite what you want, but I am still looking.

AquaDose is a UK company that make heavy duty aquaculture control system like this.

That picture above is from Mike Hellweg's book on culturing live foods. His DIY version to the left of the AquaDose is just an hospital IV bag.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks, ordered the reusable IV bag. I had always meant to find one like that, but it never made it to the top of my list. I can't wait to experiment with it. Drip feeding daphnia ponds, drip feeding live baby brine into a tank possibly, can't wait! This will be the most fun I've had with $15 ina long time!

16 hours ago, Cory said:

Thanks, ordered the reusable IV bag. I had always meant to find one like that, but it never made it to the top of my list. I can't wait to experiment with it. Drip feeding daphnia ponds, drip feeding live baby brine into a tank possibly, can't wait! This will be the most fun I've had with $15 ina long time!

I think the challenge is going to be keeping the IV bag oxygenated but if anyone can figure it out it'll be you @Cory