What's your dream aquarium product that doesn’t exist?

pedrofisk

3 hours ago, DaveSamsell said:

@pedrofisk  How about aquarium water that stops the aging process of fish???  🤔

Dave, Dave, Dave, again with the fish. If we can stop aging in vertebrates (read 'Humans') with this product under our belts we could buy out Musk, and Zuckerberg, and Brin and Page. And again put @Cory in charge and he would finally have the resources to sell fish online (even to Canada).

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Dave, Dave, Dave, again with the fish. If we can stop aging in vertebrates (read 'Humans') with this product under our belts we could buy out Musk, and Zuckerberg, and Brin and Page. And again put @Cory in charge and he would finally have to resources to sell fish online (even to Canada).

Maybe we can tap into Juan Ponce de León's principles of the Fountain of Youth to solve this caper?  😊     

Perhaps @Cory will figure out the cure someday.  I think that's half the battle with things, one needs a sincere & true interest in the hobby to begin with, like Cory.  

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I knew you were going to ask. It seems like it was garden related, like for separating seeds. I will try and track it down and let you know.

@Daniel On a side note, one of these days, we will have to talk about bee-keeping.  That is very facinating.

That's something I never tried.  🐝  🐝🐝    🐝

1 minute ago, DaveSamsell said:

@Daniel On a side note, one of these days, we will have to talk about bee-keeping.  That is very facinating.

That's something I never tried.  🐝  🐝🐝    🐝

My beekeeping is slightly different than most. I produce honey bees and my customers are other beekeepers. I also make and sell observation hives to institutions and science centers. That's how I am getting the 1930s aquarium fixed. I made and installed the observation hive for the Imagination Station, and in return they are restoring my old aquarium. Here is a video I made about swarming.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

I made and installed the observation hive for the Imagination Station, and in return they are restoring my old aquarium. Here is a video I made about swarming.

Well that seems like a darn fine trade! Great video too! I had no idea bee behavior is so interesting. I need another hobby like a hole in the head, but I will definitely will be looking into bees further. Way cool. 🙂

This has got to be a thing..

A outlet plug that I can hook my filter up to that can be turned off for only a few minutes when I feed and automatically turns it self back on.

When I feed my 75g african cichlid tank I like to unplug the filter so it wont suck up any food. Then I plug it back in when 90% of the food has been consumed. The problem is every so often I forget to plug it back in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pat.Shaw said:

A outlet plug that I can hook my filter up to that can be turned off for only a few minutes when I feed and automatically turns it self back on.

When I feed my 75g african cichlid tank I like to unplug the filter so it wont suck up any food. Then I plug it back in when 90% of the food has been consumed. The problem is every so often I forget to plug it back in. 

I would imagine a digital programmable automatic timer may work.  One problem with it may be is that you would have to feed the fish at exactly the same time everyday though.

Just now, DaveSamsell said:

I would imagine a digital programmable automatic timer may work.  One problem with it may be is that you would have to feed the fish at exactly the same time everyday though.

I have thought of that. Don't think it would work for me. I don't think I could get it down to the minute every time. 😞

40 minutes ago, Pat.Shaw said:

Wyze smart plugs do that. They're at Home Depot. Just use your phone to turn it off, Click Timer, pick 5 minutes, feed and walk away

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

Wyze smart plugs do that. They're at Home Depot. Just use your phone to turn it off, Click Timer, pick 5 minutes, feed and walk away

Did a little research on these. Looks like they wont work with my wifi. They have to have a 2.4ghz wifi to connect them. I have 5ghz 😞 I will keep looking around.

44 minutes ago, Bill Smith said:

Bill,

That is a good idea regarding the smart plugs.  Lots of technology today.  😊  Maybe they have a 5 GHZ version @Pat.Shaw  ?   I'll look around too and see.  

Edited by DaveSamsell
Update

20 minutes ago, Pat.Shaw said:

Did a little research on these. Looks like they wont work with my wifi. They have to have a 2.4ghz wifi to connect them. I have 5ghz 😞 I will keep looking around.

You sure you're running ONLY 5 GHz? 99% of routers run both network speeds at the same time. You'd have to manually turn your 2.4 GHz off by choice.

Edited by Bill Smith
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pat.Shaw said:

@Pat.Shaw, @Bill Smith,  If needed, this one states on the spec sheet it is compatible with 5 ghz.  Check it out if interested.  Leviton Decora DW15P-1BW smart plug.  BTW, my router runs on both 2.4 & 5 ghz as well automatically.  

2 minutes ago, DaveSamsell said:

@Pat.Shaw, @Bill Smith,  If needed, this one states on the spec sheet it is compatible with 5 ghz.  Check it out if interested.  Leviton Decora DW15P-1BW smart plug.  BTW, my router runs on both 2.4 & 5 ghz as well automatically.  

You'll probably want to check out the Leviton app as well before making a purchase; not all of them support the "Timer" feature.

I'd definitely double-check that network. While 5GHz networks do indeed run faster speeds, there is a serious range compromise, hence the dual-band preference for most.