What's your dream aquarium product that doesn’t exist?

pedrofisk

On 7/21/2020 at 4:13 PM, TheDukeAnumber1 said:

https://www.petsmart.com/fish/food-and-care/water-quality-testers/tetra-6-n-1-aquarium-water-test-stips-17476.html

They come in a separate bottle on their own strips.

I would like a net that is invisible to fish eyes.

I've seen random spots on the web say that fish have a really hard time seeing red nets and they do sell them!

2 minutes ago, Ben_RF said:

Dream Product : Something that integrates into my Amazon Echo or other smart home device, to remind me to do things with the aquariums.  Perhaps it could give helpful tips, etc.  and integrate podcasts 🙂

A smart filter would be great!  Communicates with Echo or Google, built in automatic feeder, the works.  I like it!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ben_RF said:

Dream Product : Something that integrates into my Amazon Echo or other smart home device, to remind me to do things with the aquariums.  Perhaps it could give helpful tips, etc.  and integrate podcasts 🙂

@Streetwise points out the Neptune Apex work with Alexa to control lights, heaters, pumps, etc., but even super inexpensive products live automatic fish feeder like the iLonda can be natively voice controlled through Alexa. Hat tip to @Bill Smith for this one. Just recorded this:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Seized said:

Sponge filter with a media tray or a cheap gravel vac with a canister filter to pump the clean water back into the tank after you gravel vac

There was a things years ago that was like a large canister filter that you could gravel vac and it would pump the clean water back to tanks, I remember it being on a cart, I think it was geared towards aquarium service companies. Does any else remember this from like the later 80s or early 90s? There was also a product that was like the tube for a gravel vac, had a small battery operated motor and a fine filter bag attached, you would vac your gravel, the water would go through the media filter bag and it would catch all the dirt and mulm with no hoses running out of the tank.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 8:38 PM, Daniel said:

I wish there was an underwater remote controlled submarine 4k camera that would swim in my aquarium and stream the results back to my phone.

Had great fun reading this thread! Especially the 4k submarine thing! I like to go fishing also (mostly course fishing for large carp) and a buddy has a cam thing that attaches to fishing gut and is shaped like a rocket. Its always pointing at the bait and you can see how the fish act around the bait.

My invention would be a brain scaner thing so we could just know what the fish were thinking, Somtimes i wonder if im doing a good enough job for them and just wanna know how they feel (a little far fetched i know!) LOL

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Seized said:

Sponge filter with a media tray or a cheap gravel vac with a canister filter to pump the clean water back into the tank after you gravel vac

Like this??IMG_20200921_160646.jpg.5fa0f575ed02b1e5f53ccc58b06c5c75.jpg

The only thing I added to this filter was a really fine pad on the bottom layer of sponge. And its a 90degree angle so it fits in really nicely and is barley seen from the front view.

IMG_20200921_160656.jpg

On 9/17/2020 at 11:25 PM, James V. said:

The piece on the outside would have a motor and some more strong magnets. You would turn it on and the magnets would rotate causing the inside scraper pad to spin, and clean all the algae on the glass.

When I read this, I thought you were talking about something like a Roomba for aquariums.  Now I'm wondering if that's my dream aquarium device.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 7:29 PM, Pat.Shaw said:

Did a little research on these. Looks like they wont work with my wifi. They have to have a 2.4ghz wifi to connect them. I have 5ghz 😞 I will keep looking around.

All routers have both 2.4 and 5. I set my router Wifi 2.4 with the name Example2 and the faster one, 3GB as Example5. All my smart plugs are are on the 2.4. You can always enable the Guest Wifi for them, alone and just use the guest 2.4 Wifi for smartplugs. Check out the manufacturers site for help. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, TheDukeAnumber1 said:

https://www.petsmart.com/fish/food-and-care/water-quality-testers/tetra-6-n-1-aquarium-water-test-stips-17476.html

They come in a separate bottle on their own strips.

I would like a net that is invisible to fish eyes.

Red nets are supposed to be less visible.

I have a woven net made from natural materials that I'm going to try.  See if that's less threatening some how.  Being relaxed at the moment seems to matter most when I'm catching fish.