Want to help me improve our Youtube channel?

Cory

All of Irene's videos on plant care - would like to see more detailed vids for us "in the middle" not beginners but not experts 

Dean's angelfish care

Fishroom build

Betta setup at store

Goldfish eating all the duckweed (not really a "favorite" but adding because I guess I was one of the few who enjoyed that)

I appreciate how to’s, care guides, tank mates videos, and recommendations for x water parameter.  Like @Anita, they give me confidence to try new things!

1. Forget the exact title, but the how to set up a sponge filter (would be great to have link to video on the product page). Literally watched along as I set up my first one. So basic to many, but I’m new to the hobby and would never have tried/bought them (from the co-op of course) if it weren’t for the content I watched.

2. Every single fish tank at aquarium co-op/store tours. 

3. Top 10 Aquarium fish that love hard water/top 10 videos

4. Anything with Dean or Irene!

5. Live Streams

You've Never Seen This Before. [Tour]
Goliad Farms
I love this one the most because it is an entire ecosystem of fish keeping and breeding, pretty much my dream as a fish keeper that will never happen at that large a scale but I love creating an ecosystem. 

YOUR Freshwater Fish Tank Probably Doesn't Need a Heater!
I love this because its you speaking from experience and bucking the internet hivemind. I think more of this needs to be done! 

Goldfish World Championship CIPS 2019 - Aquarium Co-Op

Fish Food Facts and Rants
I think the internet is lacking a lot on fish nutrition and understanding how to tell what foods are right for their fish. 

Still Breeding Tons of Baby Fish [Fish Room Vlog]
I like this because you highlight some symbiotic relationships in your fish room which supports an ecosystem, plus its fun to see what you have going on in the fish room. 

in this order are my favorite types of videos

1 wild fish collecting such as the Peru and Florida videos 

2 Farm/ fish room tours such as "1000 gallon aquarium" and the goliad farms or "The best fish farm in the world.( no clickbait)"

3 your travel videos and what you see that in the world of fish keeping 

4 your tours of your store and home fish room and what is exciting to you 

5 outdoor tubbing 

4 hours ago, skipper said:

1. Forget the exact title, but the how to set up a sponge filter (would be great to have link to video on the product page). Literally watched along as I set up my first one. So basic to many, but I’m new to the hobby and would never have tried/bought them (from the co-op of course) if it weren’t for the content I watched.

I did the same thing! 😍

mmmmmm can I cheat and create two subcategories? 😄

Top five most enjoyable videos:

1. Biggest Fish Market In The World! 🤯

2. Unboxings with Robert and Jimmy. They’re a great length and they’re relaxing, and it’s fun to see new kinds of fish.

3. Behind the Scenes of Aquarium Coop’s Warehouse (along with other business-related behind the scenes videos)

4. My giant puffer fish let me hold him 😍

5. Live Streams

Top five educational videos:

1. Breeding Fish for Profit series

2. The truth about dechlorinators 

3. How to treat ich on fish

4. Why do you change water?

5. Live Streams

These are in no particular order. 🙂

Some things I really like about your videos is that (a) you stay pretty focused on the topic at hand, and (b) you offer a very nuanced perspective. I really appreciate that you show us how to think through issues, plans, setups, etc rather than just saying, “Do this, don’t do this!!” Nothing in life is black and white and your teaching style acknowledges this.

• Haha 1

- Goliad Farms Tour

Because I enjoy seeing how you interpret other people's fish rooms and set ups. The questions you ask people that you look up to in someway are enlightening. This is my favorite of the Fish room/farm/store tour videos.

- China Aquarium FishMarket

Because I enjoy seeing how the hobby is practiced and accepted internationally. This is my favorite travel video.

- The Peru Series

I don't have a favorite, but I enjoy seeing fish in the wild and collecting trips.

- RFT

As informative as you are on your own, I think you are more so when you have someone to bounce topics off of. #bringbackrft

The Daily Dose

I know that you probably can't do daily videos, but the random knowledge that you dropped from just doing the daily things in your fishroom was priceless.

Overall these are still the kind of videos you are making, so keep up the good work. I know you will be killing it when travel opens up again.

Honorable mentions:

Weekly livestream - a classic staple of the channel. I didn't put it on the list of 5 because it is a given.

How My Fish Room Changed Throughout The Years - I really like the voice over and and editing in this short. I'm sure the nostalgia factor plays into it some too. It is a very professional clip and something you haven't done much of. Go back and revisit some of your older work with a new current perspective and reintroduce some of your older videos to your newer audience while refreshing it for the older audience.

• Like 1

1. Freshwater Angelfish Care - 50 Years of Experience!
  2. Aquarium Plants Dying Plant Deficiencies Plants 101
  3. Cycling a Planted Aquarium Biological Filter
  4. Aquarium Filter Tips and Tricks! Start Saving Money Now
  5. Giant Puffer Fish Gets 200 New Tank Mates 

For honorable mention since I've learned so much from so many of the videos:

• Irene's quarantine tank setup 
  • How to get rid of blue green algae 
  • Unboxings 
  • Fish profiles

No particular order - and this was really hard, as soooooo many have been so helpful and insightful over the past year since I started keeping fish again!

1.  How to setup a fishtank with live plants

2.  Does this fish work in my community tank (or any unboxing/stocking vid, really.)

3.  Top 10 easy beginner aquarium plants/anything about plants for beginners/low tech.

4.  Freshwater Angelfish care (I also love any vid with Dean as previously mentioned)

5.  Store/warehouse/behind the scenes videos - since I am too far away to visit.

I will also mention I always love any video about Murphy!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In no particular order

1. Lizzy scaping tanks (would love to see a long form version on a 20L, 40B, 75G, etc)

2. The "#1 secret to successfully keeping fish" (video about goldfish in the 800G and temp)

3. Treating ich in the 800G before the trip

4. The first Dean tour, "ram breeder tour"

5. Video about Robert (or aquahuna, goliad farms, or so many others)

On 4/3/2021 at 2:16 PM, Cory said:

If you could do me a favor. Post your top 5 videos we've ever made in a single post. I'd like to analyze the data in a hopes to make more content that pleases the most people. I realize it'll probably take you 10 minutes, however this would be the best chance you have for me to make more content you'll enjoy longer. I won't respond to each. Simply I'll tally up video votes and see if this data can tell us something. Thanks!

The nitrate cycle

cycling with plants

How to gravel vac

how to clean a sponge filter 

how to test water 

I share these with new hobbyists a lot.

Bonus: Murphy crunching on clams.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Love 1

I have been binge watching aquarium videos. These are the top ones I have watched more than once, and found the most useful.

-The Best Way to Ensure You Fish are Healthy

-The Truth About Livebearer Disease

-The Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

-Top 5 Easy Aquarium Plants (and any other videos on plants)

-Your Freshwater Fish Tank Probably Doesn't Need a Heater

I recently became a member and have watched all the Live Member's Shows. I would like to see more of those.

• Love 1

1. Fish market/fish store/fish room tours--would like to see more of intermediate and advanced hobbyists' fish rooms as well as more of Cory's up close, not just in the background.

2. Every Single Tank at ACO--just a great video because Cory sounds enthusiastic about all the fish and shares so much about them.

3. Cycled v. Balanced tanks

4. Robert unboxing and "are these good tankmates for a..." videos

5. Would love more videos for intermediate fishkeepers/plant growers like myself. Would love diagnostic videos (come look at my tank and tell me what you think could fix the problem or take it to the next level, or three experienced fishkeepers give feedback to Bill about his tank issues or whatever).

In general, I love enthusiastic and fun-centered videos, have benefitted greatly from basic skills videos and always love to see how other people keep their tanks, what kinds of fish they enjoy, and their enthusiasm for the hobby. As a hobbyist with zero people in my life who care at all about fishkeeping, it's nice to share in others' enthusiasm and fun via videos. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Thank you for continuing to post your favorites 😉

I have booked a trip to China to film the markets and a farm tour. I also booked 3 weeks in Europe to go film as well. Also I'll work on releasing some more Lizzie aquascaping content 😉

On 3/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, Cory said:

I have booked a trip to China to film the markets and a farm tour. I also booked 3 weeks in Europe to go film as well. Also I'll work on releasing some more Lizzie aquascaping content 😉

Sweet! Thanks for putting it all together 🙂