Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

Cory

Hello from WA state! I am not new to fish keeping, but its my first time setting up an aquarium from scratch....with LIVE plants! My dad and I shared the hobby as I grew up. He set me up a 125 gallon in my room that was my responsibility. I raised all types of fish. Oscars, plecos, silver arowana, kissing gourami, different types of large cichlids and catfish ect ect..... 

This time around Im deciding what type of smaller fish to raise. Maybe guppies? I used to breed Kribensis (not on purpose) and trade them in for store credits. *Not for profit, just for fun* 

My new tank is 75 gallon, fresh water 🙂 

• Like 3

Hey everyone, I'm glad to have finally found this community! I've been watching Aquarium Co-Op videos for awhile, and I'm super obsessed with researching, watching, engaging, and learning about all things fish (especially bettas!) It's great to find a forum where everyone is just as dedicated to their fish as I am. 💙 I have one betta fish, a female crowntail named Sapphire.

Edited by saphbettas
  • Love 1

Hi everyone! I am glad to be a part of this forum. I am a newbie to the awesome aquatic hobby, and I am learning a ton! I have a small 5-gallon tank with one super cute betta, named Sherlock :). I am not only learning about fish but also planted tanks and what is needed to make it a success and enjoy it. I have been watching Aquarium Coop videos on YouTube among others and was excited to see there is a forum. Thanks Cory!! 🙂

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

• Like 4

I am starting to have some trouble with brown algae (diatoms) and have watched the videos and googled about it. Glad to know it is not harmful to my betta, but any recommendations to speeding up the process of getting rid of it? Also, I am planning on getting a nerite snail this week, since I have a 5-gallon I am only getting one. I have done two water changes (one this past Saturday and another today) about 10%-ish both times. Is there anything else I should do? 

Edited by Bettagirl

On 4/12/2022 at 9:31 PM, Bettagirl said:

@Patrick_G Aww thanks!! Thanks for the recommendation!! I was thinking there wouldn't be enough room for much more than one nerite..., but hmmm 🤔 now you've got me thinking. 

My source water causes never ending diatom on my glass. I love watching my nerite Nemo make designs and puzzles with his tracks through it. I never clean it off in that tank.  🥰 Your mushroom house is o fun. I love it 😍 

• Like 2

@Patrick_G Aww thanks!! Thanks for the recommendation!! I was thinking there wouldn't be enough room for much more than one nerite..., but hmmm 🤔 now you've got me thinking. 

@GuppysnailThanks!! That's great to know that your nerite is a good cleaning crew. Do you have to feed him anything else like algae wafers, etc or does the diatom algae suffice as enough of a food source?

On 4/12/2022 at 9:44 PM, Bettagirl said:

@GuppysnailThanks!! That's great to know that your nerite is a good cleaning crew. Do you have to feed him anything else like algae wafers, etc or does the diatom algae suffice as enough of a food source?

He won’t eat commercial food. They do not eat animal protein in my experience and most algae wafers contain it. I suspect him of occasionally chomping some steamed veggies I put in for my plecos and mystery snails because of strange chew marks but I have never seen him eat them. That’s why I let the walls and back glass get yucky to make certain he is well fed. I just redid his tank last week. You can see his track marks if you blow the picture up2DD1D0CC-A210-4B75-B0D9-D0CDD7FDEB8F.jpeg.665144d95f2b3a67234a4734340ad11b.jpeg🥰

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 3:58 PM, Vafloo said:

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Tomek. I'm from Poland. I'm around 2 years in hobby now. I have some nano tanks and I'm currently preparing to setup something what for me (and for most hobbists in Europe) is considered as large tank, but for you in US it seems not to be so large (250 litres = around 66 gallons). 

Here are some my tanks:

IMG_20210206_090729015.jpg.4e5b8183927810bd6934cf1d545953d4.jpg

IMG_20210206_090737272.jpg.40abc222fd4a7907527453c68b19124b.jpg

IMG_20211217_102835676.jpg.391f7c8a4490915170aca5912c947e36.jpg

IMG_20211202_101037169.jpg.71da36392d72eff0e43ff9fdfe45e4d2.jpg

IMG_20220102_221418379.jpg.68baa31078e60e70699b0a3b3eff9e0e.jpg

Tomek

You have some beautiful scrapes love the Jungal look

Thanks Colu 🙂

I've just started my largest tank ever (100x50x50 = 250 litres) and my first with CO2 injection. 

Here are some pictures of it from setup phase.

First hardscape (locally collected roots of beech and some rocks collected in the mountains), then planting and then how it looked after filling in. Now I'm enetering into "algae" phase. I hope I can handle that 🙂

IMG_20220322_184750913.jpg

IMG_20220327_181144133.jpg

IMG_20220327_233746247.jpg

IMG_20220330_215745349.jpg

IMG_20220331_233028017.jpg

IMG_20220331_233359669 (1).jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Greetings from South NJ. This forum is amazing, usually on social media I make a post or respond to one and no one seems to care or see my opinion, but here lots of people respond to my posts and comments and I feel like I’m actually contributing to a conversation.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, Jack Hanson said:

Greetings from South NJ. This forum is amazing, usually on social media I make a post or respond to one and no one seems to care or see my opinion, but here lots of people respond to my posts and comments and I feel like I’m actually contributing to a conversation.

Welcome sort of neighbor. South central PA. This is a kind, friendly, helpful interactive group. It’s our forum family. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

I have been on the forum for a couple months? I’d have to check. I’m from Nebraska and been in the hobby 20+ years. It’s been my dream to have a fish room and the new house we bought has allowed me to have just that. I was into monster fish now I’m into breeding for profit. It’s a blast and I love the community aquarium co-op has made. I been to other forums and maybe after 100 replies you might get your question answered. This here is what it’s all about. Community! Total strangers coming together for the hobby. Oh when I say breeding for profit, I’m just learning. Working with super reds , brown, and albino plecos, Columbian tetras and cherry shrimp 🦐 

You all have a great day! Lot of week left, let’s get it !! 

Juan. 

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 2:19 PM, Juancho said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been on the forum for a couple months? I’d have to check. I’m from Nebraska and been in the hobby 20+ years. It’s been my dream to have a fish room and the new house we bought has allowed me to have just that. I was into monster fish now I’m into breeding for profit. It’s a blast and I love the community aquarium co-op has made. I been to other forums and maybe after 100 replies you might get your question answered. This here is what it’s all about. Community! Total strangers coming together for the hobby. Oh when I say breeding for profit, I’m just learning. Working with super reds , brown, and albino plecos, Columbian tetras and cherry shrimp 🦐 

You all have a great day! Lot of week left, let’s get it !! 

Juan. 

The pleco you should get down pretty easy if you get the water right and keep up on water changes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 9:37 PM, Brandon p said:

The pleco you should get down pretty easy if you get the water right and keep up on water changes

Thanks. Yeah seems to be getting easier. Water changes and high protein food seems to set them off. Ton of fun 

Mindy from FL here. I have a 29 gallon planted tank with black neons, pristella tetras, a mystery snail and a Nerite snail.

I have a Bolivian Ram in a 10 gallon quarantine tank who will join the community soon. 

This is my first time having success with plants. I watched the co-op videos and used the plant requirements filter on their store site when shopping. I love Easy Green!

This is also my first time adding driftwood; I had to learn how to prepare it, and it sure looks great.

BFBF9736-BBED-4141-BD6D-92109172BAE0.jpeg

5939D848-7D29-4A9E-B955-807DBE0398E9.jpeg

0F91CD0F-C8D4-49C0-B82B-4C7D085E9DD3.jpeg

355430A2-B093-41FE-A28B-0C700A62D045.jpeg

D8CDE040-A02D-4298-B522-E0B1971E6976.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 3