Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

Cory

welcome! be sure to ask lot of questions. we like to help. here are a few quick videos on cycling. cycling with your fish in is fine. but you'll need testing equipment. either strips or tabs. and a source of bacteria. and some prime to dechlorinate.

using your strips keep checking for ammonia. when you see it, you'll need to pull water out and replace with fresh water. then use the prime to dechlorinate the new water. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I’ve been on the forum for a while now, but thought I’d properly introduce myself (and my tank). I’m Emry from Utah! I have one tank, a simple 10g Betta tank with a Nerite. I’ve learned so much from this one tank already. It’s been running for a little over a year now. MTS is sneaking in on me and I’m itching to get my hands on a bigger tank (likely 20-29 gallon)!😂

Anyways, meet Merlin🐠

IMG_0457.jpeg

• Love 1

I don't know a ton, but I’ve been in the hobby for about a year so I’m glad I can help a little!

Oh I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing Bettas is about the worst loss in the hobby I think. Sounds like Sonic had a wonderful life and was very loved!🩷

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am Ally. I lived in FL when I got into fish keeping around 2015ish. I found Cory's YouTube channel along with a few others that really gave me motivation to try again. Let me clarify, I had tried previously to keep fish around 2009 but I failed as many do with the advice the big stores would give in order to make a sale. So, Cory and a few other avid fish keepers gave me hope again. I moved to TX in 2017 and started with a hand-me-down 20 gallon someone was getting rid of on Facebook. That tank is doing well thankfully, it is my Cherry shrimp inspired tank. I also adopted a 36 gallon wich I switched to a natural tank, took me 12 hours but I did it and it's doing well. My latest are a 10 gallon and a 1 gallon, also natural. They are also doing well. I will attach pictures. My main reason for joining now is a question that I will look for the correct place to post it. I know I am a little late to this party, but I am glad to be part of this great fish community. Thank you Cory, and those who help make this happen. 

20240425_095657.jpg

20240425_095644.jpg

20240425_095632.jpg

20240425_095615.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi all.   I am in Savannah, GA.   I saw a lot of talk about the Aquarium Co-op so when I had some Betta issues, I joined the forum so I could get some help.   And that I did.  Thank you to the wonderful people and suggestions.   So now I am not in a er situation so I’ll start looking around.  I currently have a Zebra snail. Snelly, living all by himself in a 5 gal Fluval Spec that is live planted til I feel my tank is ready and I find the perfect Betta friend.   Snelly is in there somewhere 🙂  the cage is covering a Madagascar Lace bulb that Snelly decided was an awesome snack.   So I am hoping he hasn’t damaged it beyond life.   Thanks all!!

IMG_6633.jpeg

Edited by Rachel0825
Double post
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 2:44 PM, Rachel0825 said:

Hi all.   I am in Savannah, GA.   I saw a lot of talk about the Aquarium Co-op so when I had some Betta issues, I joined the forum so I could get some help.   And that I did.  Thank you to the wonderful people and suggestions.   So now I am not in a er situation so I’ll start looking around.  I currently have a Zebra snail. Snelly, living all by himself in a 5 gal Fluval Spec that is live planted til I feel my tank is ready and I find the perfect Betta friend.   Snelly is in there somewhere 🙂  the cage is covering a Madagascar Lace bulb that Snelly decided was an awesome snack.   So I am hoping he hasn’t damaged it beyond life.   Thanks all!!

IMG_6633.jpeg

Hello fellow easternanian lol. Cool tank!!! I mean really. It looks very nice and simple and cool. Welcome to the forum!

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum! For live plants, Aquarium Co-op is the only one we can talk about on this forum but I will say that although it's not the most affordable they really do sell quality, healthy, plants. There is not that much savings to be had with plants, most places sell them at similar prices. You could get plants that spread a lot, so you don't need to buy as many though.

On the other hand, if you get plants you need lighting so you can save some money there. I like Aquaneat lights from Amazon, they are dirt cheap, and work well. If you're willing to spend a bit more the co-op light is great too.

On 3/20/2024 at 8:42 PM, Carolina said:

Hi everyone, I’m very glad I found this forum. I got a beautiful betta fish as a surprise present, which is crazy because I didn’t even have a cycled tank or let alone know much about bettas. I’ve only owned a couple in my life as a kid, and everyone knows how that goes. I want to treat this betta as best as I can, this is the best tank set up I could come up with at the moment due to tight finances, but please give me all the tips and affordable websites for live plants or anything else. I’m kind of panicking because I really don’t want to kill this fish, lol. His name is Darius and I love him so much. I tried my best with his tank, and I cranked in literally a crazy amount of research because I had to make a tank for him extremely quickly, I’m just worried about cycling and how that will go🥹

On 3/21/2024 at 12:25 PM, Whitecloud09 said:

Bettas are kinda sensitive to to much movement in the water and if you raise it to right under the filter that woud be great! 

You should do this, but only once you get a lid. Even with the lowered water level I would still be nervous of Darius jumping.

• Like 1