Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

Cory

Hello from Vermontville, Michigan!  I am fairly new to the aquarium world, I inherited a 10gal Glofish tank from my grandson who lost interest.  I had to go online and educate myself….I learned so much from Cory’s videos!  He’s always my “go to” when I have a question.

The 10gal tank became the home for my female betta, Scarlett.  I bought a 20gal for the GloFish tetra, added Columbian tetra, zebra danios and a female betta, Mara.  All fake plants in that tank, I eventually want to try other fish…GloFish would not have been my first choice if I had started from scratch.

I recently bought my first bunch of live plants from Aquarium Co Op for my 10gal betta tank.  I learned how to glue them on to the rocks and decorations….another learning experience guided by Cory’s video!

Glad to be here….excited to learn more!

874691AF-9428-400A-A3C2-75F4378C5B5E.jpeg

5E45C898-C06F-4E92-8AA3-9AF976CA467A.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 1/27/2022 at 5:42 PM, Chrisdenn1122 said:

Hello from Vermontville, Michigan!  I am fairly new to the aquarium world, I inherited a 10gal Glofish tank from my grandson who lost interest.  I had to go online and educate myself….I learned so much from Cory’s videos!  He’s always my “go to” when I have a question.

The 10gal tank became the home for my female betta, Scarlett.  I bought a 20gal for the GloFish tetra, added Columbian tetra, zebra danios and a female betta, Mara.  All fake plants in that tank, I eventually want to try other fish…GloFish would not have been my first choice if I had started from scratch.

I recently bought my first bunch of live plants from Aquarium Co Op for my 10gal betta tank.  I learned how to glue them on to the rocks and decorations….another learning experience guided by Cory’s video!

Glad to be here….excited to learn more!

874691AF-9428-400A-A3C2-75F4378C5B5E.jpeg

5E45C898-C06F-4E92-8AA3-9AF976CA467A.jpeg

welcome to the forum!

Hello from Portland, Oregon! I'm a newbie fish keeper - it's been just about a year since I started my first tank, a 10 gallon planted tank with a betta. I did so much research before setting it up but it's still been a pretty steep learning curve. I kept fish (poorly 😅) as a kid and it's been so gratifying to get back into this hobby and learn how to do things right. I thought it would be nice to join a forum to have a space to nerd out about fish, since honestly I've become kind of obsessed.

I have three small tanks (well, two tanks and a pond) right now: my 10 gallon betta tank, a 20 gallon mini pond out on my balcony which is home to a group of white medaka, and another 10 gallon tank that was intended to be for a colony of yellow golden back shrimp but I'm having a tough time with them. I'm probably going to add fish to that tank eventually, maybe more medaka because I love them.

IMG_20220121_170650834.jpg

IMG_20210923_143356651.jpg

IMG_20220120_135425380.jpg

IMG_20220121_170719666.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 8:43 PM, Seth_McCandless said:

Hello everyone! Seth from ky here! Been hooked on aquarium co-op for months now and love the community aspect. I’m glad to be a member here and of the channel! I hope to make many new friends!

here’s a few of my friends! I have more, but no pictures atm.

EC0DAD3E-231D-4AE1-B3E7-DDB19C1AACB5.jpeg

63BA2B9F-020C-4A66-932C-555C9A23CF82.jpeg

81E6D1E4-AD03-4BE5-B8E8-FC7328474EB5.jpeg

Hi Seth. Lovely corydora 😁

Hello my aquatic loving new friends.  My name is David and I live in Snohomish County WA. I've had fish tanks off and on for over the last 30 years. I now have a small garage that I will be converting to my aquatic get away.  I have come here to see what is all new and learn new methods of fish care. Thanks for letting me join and have a wonderful day. 

• Like 2

Hello from Middletown, Ohio.  I am a security guard and just put up a 10 gallon black glass aquarium with black rock with some colored rocks mixed in and some bright artificial plants.  I plan to get a live plant to put in at some point.  I currently have a blue female half moon betta in the tank.  I am planning to put a few ember tetras, a few neon tetras, a couple of balloon belly Mollies, a narite snail and a few corys in (pygmy corys if I can find them).  As my health improves and I have more time I will likely move this group to a 20 gallon and turn the 10 gallon into a tank for a couple of Angel fish or a guppy tank.  Hope all are well.

LilOne

• Like 2

On 12/4/2021 at 10:55 AM, Yuns Aquatics said:

Hi Everyone!

My name is Yeon-Hee, and I go by "Yuns". I am located in Olympia, Washington and I am very excited to be here among fishy friends as I am finally pursuing my love of fish and aquatics! 🌱🐟🌱

I have kept one small 2.65 gallon palludarium with Endler's Livebearers for about 5 years now. This tank has moved with me through two different moves and today, I have 11 tanks! Part of me can't believe my explosion of tanks, the other part of me is not surprised at all.

I have been very inspired by videos by both Cory and Irene, and I am now propagating a variety of plants for the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) Horticulture Award Program (HAP) and also am doing some breeding of cherry shrimp, endlers, and guppies for the Breeder Award Program (BAP) as well.

I am also growing Java moss, seasoning extra cycled sponges, and processing beautiful pieces of driftwood (boiling, cleaning up, and sinking) to potentially help support my aquatic hobby. I would not be surprised if I eventually became some kind of a fish store. 🌲😅🐟🌲

The land I live on is a wetlands rich with a variety of mosses, so my next project is to see if I can adapt some terrestrial mosses to live under water.

My favorite fish are Endler's Livebearers because they are so hearty, active, and colorful, with such a variety of tail shapes!

Recently I went through a 36hr power outage and barely slept as I was trying to keep the water temperature up. At night, the temp dropped as low as 54°F and I didn't lose any fish! Given, I have had this line of endlers for about 5 years now and they have seen other power outage and broken pumps before.

Anyhow, now that I've written a whole essay, I just wanted to introduce myself and share my love and excitement for fish and aquatic plants!

Attached are a few pictures of some of my tanks.

Cheers and thank you for having me! 🙂

Best,
Yuns

20211123_082007.jpg

20211123_081006.jpg

A14A7956.JPG

Great stuff Yuns! Glad you got to view my fish room the other day. I’m so rural so I don’t get any visitors. I felt rushed due to my on accord or I would of taken more time to show you some interesting or answer any more questions you had. What I enjoy about this hobby is the endless ways we can approach it! Keep at it. 

• Love 1

Hello! My only fish at the moment is a 15 year-old common pleco. He's been alone for many years now, and I'm trying to make his life better and getting more serious about fishkeeping. I'm looking into getting plants to help with water quality and trying to figure out how to deal with hard water and scale removal. I hacked my Marineland HOB filter after watching your YouTube videos and am looking forward to never paying for a filter cartridge again!

John from Lincoln, IL

IMG_4793.JPG

2022-03-03_12-24-01_541.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Hi.  Thank you very much for this video.  I feel so far behind and lost.  I nearly lost all my fish this week but Aquaruium Co-oop's plant delivery saved my 3g Walstad.  I am so grateful to have ended up here online.  I do'nt know how much time to spend here.  It might be just weekends and overnight when I cannot sleep.

I must protect my identity but I try to offer 100% love and honesty to everyone always.  I may appear to not make sense but I try hard not to hurt feelings or cause distress in the ways I interact with others.  I was frantic in my responses to a live stream by you guys that I saw today 2 days late and I'm sorry if it confused anyone.  I hadn't found the C.A.R.E. forum yet.😅

• Like 1

Hi all. I'm Brett. I've been around the old forums (aquahobby, fishlore, etc.), /r/aquariums, facebook groups, and fishtube quite a bit in the past. I've been staying out of it for a few years, but I still see a value in it. I'm just here to stay in touch with the fishkeeping world and learn from you all. Once in a while I may share something.

Here's the Groot Tank, a 40 breeder. The glo-fish (Henrietta) is the last of a 2014 colony, and is currently tolerating a swarm of male guppies. The guppies are a soft cull of fancy/common crosses, most of them flash iridescent green. Trying to slow the colony down for a while. There is also a female cull tank. It's a little hard to see given my terrible photography skills, but I keep the water level down to cover the back and sides in pothos. The pothos was recently trimmed, but one vine has grown down into the water already. The anubias is kept floating because it's easier to propagate them into my other tanks that way. Also I just kind of like it, and so does Henrietta.

IMG_20220308_154819968.jpg.7bb07a70f63c24805635d99de82d53d5.jpg

Edit: common guppy crosses, not wild guppy crosses.

Edited by BrettD
  • Like 1

Hello from Virginia!

New to the forums, but not new to fish! 🙂 I recently got back into the hobby and breeding  after quite a long break.

I discovered Aquarium Co-Op while I was brushing back up on fish keeping and seeing what's changed 

I really appreciate Cory's reasonable, rational, humble, and non judgemental approach to the hobby. As well as how giving he is with knowledge and advice; and how staunch he is in his ethics. 

I was super excited when I heard about the forums and am excited to expand my knowledge and fire up my old breeding business.

I currently have 4 aquariums (55g, 40g, 29g, and 10g) that house two juvenile ropefish, four purple mystery snails, an axolotl, two pairs of tiger endlers, blue jelly shrimp, ramshorn snails, and a black worm culture. 

• Like 3

Hello from Lufkin in East Texas.  I joined this site 2 or 3 months ago and this is my first post. I’ve been reading and trying to update myself on new tech and refresh my memory since I haven’t had tanks since I retired and moved in 09. I had 5 tanks then. They’ve been in storage and I’ve 2 now I started back up last December. A 72 g bf Malawi and a 29 g SA black water I’m still working on a little. I’m ready to start with questions and posting which I’ll try to put in the right sections. By the way, I’ve placed a few orders from coop and been well pleased with service and products, and for some reason just regular shipping arrives amazingly fast from Washington to Texas, usually 3 days or less. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello from Nebraska! I have a 45 gallon (24" tall x 24" wide x 18" deep) that I set up in January. Just purchased a Fluval 3.0 Plant light that I put on last night. Using factory settings right now. I also just set up a Fluval Flex 15 at work last week. I've definitely got the bug! Both are stocked with low tech, fairly low light plants, so hopefully, the 3.0 won't shock them too much. Looking at the 3.0 Nano for my Flex. Might have to wait a bit for that. In my 45, I have cherry barbs, zebra danios, and black phantom tetras. I set a quarantine tank up and threw in 4 guppies from PetSmart and they all died within 5 days. YIKES!! Won't buy from there again. 😞Here's a pic of my 45g. The spider wood is now in my Flex along with some of the plants.

Aquarium 3.11.22.jpg

• Like 3