What did you get done today?

Cory

On 11/26/2021 at 4:40 PM, CalmedByFish said:

Me too. 3 before birth. 1 at age 7, having been fading since birth. And the 1 remaining has very high-demand special needs. I have my fish because nothing else at all makes me want to get out of bed. Nothing. I'd still get up to take care of the 1 remaining, but resolve and joy are not the same experience. 

SO sorry for your loss! at this moment in time i am close to where you are at in life. my cat and my fish are my reasons to keep on.

but in the last 4 months i have seen a change in myself a desire to get unstuck if you will. be a ray of sunshine and not a darkness.

my fish need me to be strong ther very lives depend on it. and this forum is helping. a new friend once told me he suffers, he suffers immensly. he said he he does one thing every day to inprove his life his living environment. NO MATTER HOW SMALL!! think its time i aply that wisdom to my own life. thank you for sharing.

• Love 2

On 11/26/2021 at 9:41 AM, Taco Playz said:

Aww I love him so much!  In my experience White Clouds are the easiest egg laying fish in the hobby and have one of the cutest babies. Just out of curiosity what did you feed yours when they were really young?

I have only ever fed mine goldfish flakes 🙄. I had a bunch left over from my goldfish and rosy red minnows. I got the white clouds because I was too lazy to break down their tank after upgrading my goldfish, and have continued to be extremely lazy with that tank ever since.

I asked Jason from Prime Time Aquatics during a YT stream and he said in such an established tank (5 years, 2 with minnows) the fry can probably survive on naturally-occurring microorganisms in the tank. Seems to be working so far. I hope I can keep it going when I move them to another tank in a few weeks.

My kid brought home a cold from daycare so we're all miserable today and not much is getting done. He only knows a few words but he can say "fish" when he wants to go downstairs, and we got to watch them a few times today... I let him feed an algae wafer. One of my apon bulbs is sprouting.

• Like 3

On 11/26/2021 at 4:25 PM, scott the fishman said:

BE STRONG              AND WALK IT OFF

I wasn't able to do that, it made the depression worse. 

I had to sit with my feelings, and process them, and learn W.A.V.E.

W.A.V.E. helped me start healing... and has been worth the work. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 5:40 PM, CalmedByFish said:

Me too. 3 before birth. 1 at age 7, having been fading since birth. And the 1 remaining has very high-demand special needs. I have my fish because nothing else at all makes me want to get out of bed. Nothing. I'd still get up to take care of the 1 remaining, but resolve and joy are not the same experience. 

There's no hug emoji, hearts were as close as I could get.

It's hard to bury our kids....

On 11/26/2021 at 6:01 PM, Streetwise said:

I used to look for partners to provide this role, but you have to be the ray of sunshine in your own life.

If you could share how to make that switch, you could save lives.

Some people **never** learn this...

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 6:40 PM, CalmedByFish said:

I am so sorry for your losses. 😔💕

Edited by FishPlanet
  • Like 1

Friday:

Spent 4 hours prepping sides for Thanksgiving with family dinner today (Saturday), Drove to work to feed the the shop cats, reloaded the bird feeders, hung the Kayak up for the season, Removed the algae curtain from the pond waterfall, moved the Duckweed that stowed away on my Kayak to a larger bowl, moved the Asian Water Fern back to it's proper location in my 29, performed all of the Saturday aquarium tasks a day early, Found out that the turkey ran out of vehicles capable of making the 3 hour trip so Thanksgiving was going to be cancelled again, said a lot of bad words and went to bed.

Saturday so far: Made a pot of what I call weekend coffee, checked in here, realized that I won't have to put up with all of holiday drama today, smiled!😜

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:11 AM, Tanked said:

early, Found out that the turkey ran out of vehicles capable of making the 3 hour trip so Thanksgiving was going to be cancelled again, said a lot of bad words and went to bed.

A similar thing happened to us. Loaded our all weel drive Subaru for the trip over two slippery mountain passes, waited 2 hours for a ferry that’s usually every 20 min. (Crew shortage from covid) We finally made it to the mainland , stopped for a quick lunch and discovered a flat tire! After another 2 hours we finally made it back home on the leaky tire, but never did make it to the lakeside condo we’d reserved and of course no refund. Fortunately our good friends saved Thanksgiving with an invite to their house! 

On 8/22/2020 at 6:53 PM, Alesha said:

At some point on Th-Fr, we lost the fish book. You know, the one with all the past tank parameter tests & all the measurements for the water treatments...that fish book. 

Since we were changing water, I had to redo some of that math & decided to go ahead & start a new book. 

We eventually found the old one,  but I spent an hour or so this morning moving everything into the new one. 

I have an app. I don't like it.  I like pen & paper. And as it so happens,  or new fish book looks great with our first Aquarium Co-op sticker! Win- win! 

20200822_212411.jpg

Alesha, what app were you using that you did not like?

On 11/27/2021 at 12:07 AM, Torrey said:

There's no hug emoji, hearts were as close as I could get.

It's hard to bury our kids....

If you could share how to make that switch, you could save lives.

Some people **never** learn this...

It's very hard.

And I don't know what W.A.V.E. is.  I googled it, but no luck, or I didn't recognize the answer when I saw it.

I had 3 tiny boy guppies left in the 20l sorority fry grow out tank. The tank looked so peaceful before I retrieved the boys I recorded it. Then I started staring trying to find the 3 boys I knew in in the masses. After staring for 15-20 minutes I realized they were staring back 😲. So I recorded that as well. It is hysterical. I did manage to get my 3 boys out. 
peaceful before 

staring contest 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 11/27/2021 at 6:31 PM, Patrick_G said:

Do you put them in a specimen container to sort? My eyesight isn’t great and I need all the help I can get seeing tiny gonopodium. 

I don't use a container. Most the males that I had are like 3-4 months so I could tell right off the bat that if they were males or females. I probably have 200 or so guppies so that was the hard part. 

On 11/27/2021 at 6:43 PM, Guppysnail said:

I had 3 tiny boy guppies left in the 20l sorority fry grow out tank. The tank looked so peaceful before I retrieved the boys I recorded it. Then I started staring trying to find the 3 boys I knew in in the masses. After staring for 15-20 minutes I realized they were staring back 😲. So I recorded that as well. It is hysterical. I did manage to get my 3 boys out. 
peaceful before 

staring contest 

I really like those females! Most of mine are really ugly. But I have a few ones with ok tails. get_hangouts_attachment_url?url_type=FIFE_URL&attachment_token=AOe91x1KSt-Lmd1l97Fy_nWwr8fQFW-mHVWV5jlt-PTsDmdGGnKNrjMvU9RDl8yHVxg9N35sB5qrteUdLRAP_bGrShAhTBI1irUdA5XturudMn_y4bZfxBJc1PKV6DWqoq_3Ep8ywgHxO8dgKn30ci-JEuMNGL51QkHga9gE7NHeB9Wi8BU4lN31yifkiUXvHNfwMbzegn9Ly71wTJbtCImQTs5qCk8XpXyiyXkuFRZP3Is_-mN0I_kyEvwBa2mQB1RDmjpoadmlJA%3D%3D&width=1632&height=1224&authuser=0&size=512

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 7:04 PM, Taco Playz said:

I don't use a container. Most the males that I had are like 3-4 months so I could tell right off the bat that if they were males or females. I probably have 200 or so guppies so that was the hard part. 

I really like those females! Most of mine are really ugly. But I have a few ones with ok tails. get_hangouts_attachment_url?url_type=FIFE_URL&attachment_token=AOe91x1KSt-Lmd1l97Fy_nWwr8fQFW-mHVWV5jlt-PTsDmdGGnKNrjMvU9RDl8yHVxg9N35sB5qrteUdLRAP_bGrShAhTBI1irUdA5XturudMn_y4bZfxBJc1PKV6DWqoq_3Ep8ywgHxO8dgKn30ci-JEuMNGL51QkHga9gE7NHeB9Wi8BU4lN31yifkiUXvHNfwMbzegn9Ly71wTJbtCImQTs5qCk8XpXyiyXkuFRZP3Is_-mN0I_kyEvwBa2mQB1RDmjpoadmlJA%3D%3D&width=1632&height=1224&authuser=0&size=512

Thanks. Most are prettier than those I send the really pretty ones to the lfs. I keep all the least colorful ones because I’m afraid they won’t get adopted or loved enough. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8D93FAF5-C667-46FB-831A-73B57F0EBDBA.jpeg.c3348d03f83c0b3f72558b8834b80c01.jpegStarted to build out my new fish room this rack will have 5 20 gallon tanks and a small work station.  I need heaters and sponge filters.  I got these tanks used and I think I am going to reseal all of them before I put any water in them.  I hope to have fish by the first of the year.

• Like 5