What did you get done today?

Cory

On 11/26/2021 at 2:15 PM, scott the fishman said:

THANK YOU! wasnt sure how this post was going to be excepted. thank you you seem to understand where im at. so for that i am 

sad for as well! I  think i am getting better with very small steps and a clean room is a great small step!!

When I was recovering from 3 years being bedridden and deep depression from it I vowed to do one small thing each day to improve/clean my living environment. It worked. I was feeling extremely sad one day and did nothing before bedtime so I got up and cleaned my bathroom mirror. Sounds small and silly but next day it motivated me to clean the bathroom. Hugs to all who struggle from depression it makes small tasks seem insurmountable. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

On 11/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, Guppysnail said:

When I was recovering from 3 years being bedridden and deep depression from it I vowed to do one small thing each day to improve/clean my living environment. It worked. I was feeling extremely sad one day and did nothing before bedtime so I got up and cleaned my bathroom mirror. Sounds small and silly but next day it motivated me to clean the bathroom. Hugs to all who struggle from depression it makes small tasks seem insurmountable. 

LOST FOR WORDS REALY i have never talked about this befor. i realy felt alone in this one. the death of my daughter was the death of myself. may my fish save me. i am touched by your journey and most inspired. today is day one with no drinking. your reply is giving me passion to change. THANK YOU!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 11/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, scott the fishman said:

LOST FOR WORDS REALY i have never talked about this befor. i realy felt alone in this one. the death of my daughter was the death of myself. may my fish save me. i am touched by your journey and most inspired. today is day one with no drinking. your reply is giving me passion to change. THANK YOU!

The death of my daughter, 2012.12.09, followed by the death of my son 2019.09.10

It either breaks us and eventually kills us, or it breaks our heart wide open and allows us to become better people. 

I have yet to find anyone in between. 

Welcome to this side of surviving. The wound never goes away, we just develop more sustainable coping skills. 

Glad you are still here, a lot of parents don't make it past the 10 year mark.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 11/26/2021 at 12:04 PM, Torrey said:

The death of my daughter, 2012.12.09, followed by the death of my son 2019.09.10

It either breaks us and eventually kills us, or it breaks our heart wide open and allows us to become better people. 

I have yet to find anyone in between. 

Welcome to this side of surviving. The wound never goes away, we just develop more sustainable coping skills. 

Glad you are still here, a lot of parents don't make it past the 10 year mark.

YOU ARE A WARRIOR!! i am and i feel your broken heart, your pain! i am not so sure i am surviving! but i do know this hobby and this forum has brought sunshine in my dark world. thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, scott the fishman said:

YOU ARE A WARRIOR!! i am and i feel your broken heart, your pain! i am not so sure i am surviving! but i do know this hobby and this forum has brought sunshine in my dark world. thank you for sharing!

You're still here - you're surviving.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, anewbie said:

Did the water change on my 40B today. Been a while since I shown pictures. A lot of the lower plants were dying I presume from being light starved from the floaters at the top of the tank so the past month or so i've been thinning the top. The picture doesn't show it well but the crypts in the back center have started to respawn and the PSO has started to regrow so I think the light issue was accurate but we shall see. This is the current look - the third and fourth picture shows the tank from oct 5.

41.jpg.315a499ff38bdaf60d970b7c370f3804.jpg

42.jpg.7c434cda20a120d5355638fb1730e601.jpg

Old look from oct 5 when i started thinning but not as extreme.

y1.jpg.7c1940eda23a6fc7b6ba5ec87f839985.jpgy2.jpg.3966c10e942fc663daf66e5ea54fba53.jpg

what are those snails in the 2nd picture i need them RIGHT NOW!

On 11/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, Streetwise said:

Aquariums help with mental health. An aquarium community helps even more. We are here for your success, dreams, and setbacks.

THANK YOU STREET! yes even before i got the aquarium just the thought of getting back into the hobby.

I seemed to have more pep in my step and glide in my stride! then i met you all my family of fish keepers. who seem to genuinely care about me and my fish.

• Like 4

At lights on time tonight in the world of my Tanganikan shell dwellers, I noticed 4 new, tiny little Malaysian Trumpet snails, which I figured would come sooner or later.  Looking forward to the work they will do on the algae.  Then... something caught my eye.  Under one of the center shells, SWIMMING EYES!!! Crazy excited to see the first of my multi fry emerging from their nursery shells.

• Love 7

On 11/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, scott the fishman said:

will mine change color when they get older? or maybe i dont have mystery snails! OR is that part of there mystery?

They come in many colours; white, purple, brown, gold, .... many more.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, DaveO said:

I ate the other half of the turkey, and believe me, it was no small task.

But to be on topic you have to feed it to your fish.

• Haha 2

I had a honey gourami and a betta living together in a 10 gal tank. Both males... They adapted and there was no fin nipping. But I neglected the tank for three months. So I decided to transfer the honey gourami to a 7 gal rimless tank and the betta to a 5 gal. They're both really enjoying their new homes and I'm pretty sure they are way less stressed now. I named the honey gourami Tamago which is Japanese for egg and the betta I named him Sashimi wich is a type of sushi. I'm very happy that finally I got the look that I desired for the tanks. Though I still want to improve my plant keeping skills. And create a routine for water changes and cleaning.

Screenshot_20211126-195918-531.png

IMG_20211123_170902346_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by jv85
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 11/26/2021 at 10:50 AM, anewbie said:

Removed a small clown loach from my 120 and put it in a pail. I've had trouble with him - he has gotten quite skinny and weak. When I first got him he was undersized and i put him in a pail (he hates the pail); and treated him with med and fed him snails. I thought he was going to make it but now a few months later he has gotten very skinny and lost weight. Not going to treat with meds again but this way i can feed him a diet of snails and see if he will put on weight.

he died. the 30 watt heater failed and the pail fell to 71 degree. I am really pissed. I really wish someone made a reliable heater but these days all models and brands seem to have an abnormally high failure rate. Poor little guy never had a chance.

• Sad 9

On 11/26/2021 at 12:39 PM, scott the fishman said:

I  cleaned my room and fish tank today. some of you might say wow big deal. i have been on a dark journey since 2011.

so cleaning my room while fighting deep depression. was huge for me. cleaning my fish tank = joy for me.

This is HUGE. I acknowledge the struggle, the determination it took to get this done, and I'm smiling on your behalf. GREAT job, and I'm glad you were able. May the joy still be present tomorrow. ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 11/26/2021 at 1:34 PM, scott the fishman said:

the death of my daughter was the death of myself. may my fish save me.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:04 PM, Torrey said:

The wound never goes away, we just develop more sustainable coping skills. 

Me too. 3 before birth. 1 at age 7, having been fading since birth. And the 1 remaining has very high-demand special needs. I have my fish because nothing else at all makes me want to get out of bed. Nothing. I'd still get up to take care of the 1 remaining, but resolve and joy are not the same experience. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 3