What did you get done today?

Cory

Tank maintenance. Oh the joys. Especially when it’s HOB filter maintenance day. All that work to clean the tank… to make it look pristine and crystal clear… only for your freshly maintenanced HOB to kick out a bunch of gunk and send it swirling through the tank when you turn it back on. 

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I managed to get 2/3 of my 8ft x 4ft raised garden bed weeded. Doesn’t seem like much but when your taking care of an incapacitated spouse, haven’t really been active in 18 months since taking an at home job and have multiple animals to look after… it’s monumental. Will finish the rest tomorrow and hopefully get some veggies planted this weekend!

IMG_2310.jpeg

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

On 4/30/2024 at 8:48 PM, FLFishChik said:

I managed to get 2/3 of my 8ft x 4ft raised garden bed weeded. Doesn’t seem like much but when your taking care of an incapacitated spouse, haven’t really been active in 18 months since taking an at home job and have multiple animals to look after… it’s monumental. Will finish the rest tomorrow and hopefully get some veggies planted this weekend!

IMG_2310.jpeg

Looks better than mine, I need to get around to that

Water changes… glorious water changes. 50% on the 75g and 50% on the 29g. One of the advantages of getting up at 4am on a Saturday to get husband off to Dialysis is I get an early start on tank maintenance. Done by 8 am and ready to tackle the rest of the day…. Or take a nap. The world is my oyster.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)

And then I did this!!!! Got my garden bed all planted… tomatoes, basil, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, green and red bell peppers. Planted cilantro seed, marigold seeds and green onion seeds 

This year’s “Salsa Garden”.

IMG_2408.jpeg

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Started the rescape/replant from the great Algaepocolypse. So of course my Angel pair decides it's a perfect time to spawn. On one of the filter intake tubes, no less.

*facepalm* good thing they're pretty...

• Haha 3

On 5/9/2024 at 10:10 PM, AdamS said:

How is the flow and the noise with that setup?

I had to hook it up to a couple to 2 Air pumps to have enough flow, so it's only as loud as those pumps. The original intake kept making grinding noises even though it was brand new, so this is much quieter 

Finished both stands and got the tops cut. Still need to epoxy the hinges and handles.  It won’t be long until I can actually fill them up. I did have to build the 3x 20g stand twice as I managed to have every tank off level in a different direction, so that was fun. 

IMG_4517.jpeg

• Like 1