Went to Keystone Clash. Saw the wiggliest fish ever. So I got 6. I had not intended to buy fish. I have no room and no tanks.  Could not resist. They are QT in my plant clipping project tank with 3 guppy babies as sentinel fish. 

I know only what I found on the net after I got home 🤣. The girl breeds them in hard water 7.8 ph so I knew they would be fine. 

New fish alway group and hide for a bit. These are no different but they grouped and “hid” along the front glass 🤪. This morning I went in to turn on lights but there was so much mayhem in this tank I had to look before I turned them on. 

I never thought I would say this but these kids make corydora look inactive. They looked like those playhouses with the plastic balls being blown all over. I went to siphon up some leftovers and these kids are fearless. 1st morning in the tank and they were investigating the python. Up and down the tube. 

Anyone keep or breed these?  Share your knowledge please. Anyone just curious chime right in. Let’s learn together 🤗

HAPPY ADVENTURES…LEARN SOMETHING NEW 

6F9AFA54-AD42-4BC7-B6A6-389C0998C226.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

On 9/24/2022 at 6:31 PM, Guppysnail said:

I have a whole bucket of plants I don’t have room for.

🤣

image.jpeg.180d846c6c07f93934b3680c5c5ce75e.jpeg

This. Is so cool! 😍

And congrats on your new wiggly recruits!

Also how awesome is it that Purple Guppy entered the competition??! ORD 

On 9/24/2022 at 7:11 PM, TeeJay said:

No tank room, no problem I throw up a tote tank!

@TeeJay is onto something here. (MTS at its finest!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 10:08 AM, Ken Burke said:

I’m in luv!  

not much on planet catfish either.  Other than a common name of Ceara Bulldog Cory.  Really don’t see bulldog in them, kewl name 

Not sure what you mean with the bulldogs.(never mind I just saw what you meant)  Here is the planet catfish and seriously fish listing. I’m in love also. 
They know the food dish already 🤣D7DA6B8F-CE09-43BA-82E5-D039E79A0CDD.jpeg.e9a50681d0e0024c068a84c9f122f557.jpeg

https://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/aspidoras-spilotus/

8DF86A24-4C32-4F70-B00D-1F4AA5DE414D.png

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Thanks 1

@GuppysnailZiff is a cutie love his name .. I still have not picked out my bristolnose name yet but he is a friendly little guy  his personality is more a like a Barney though  he is more friendly and out going then my other 2   pelco  he likes to be out and about when lights are on 

I have been calling him Little Man for the time being 

• Love 1

On 9/26/2022 at 5:56 PM, Colu said:

I remember seeing a video a while ago it mentioned that a lot of the aspidoras in the hobby are hybridized  as it difficult to tell a lot of species of aspidoras a part

Prior to seeing them wiggling in the bag on the table I had never even heard of them. Do you know what they hybridized with?  

On 9/26/2022 at 11:20 PM, Guppysnail said:

Prior to seeing them wiggling in the bag on the table I had never even heard of them. Do you know what they hybridized with?  

They hybridized with other species of aspidoras as a lot of species look very similar  they readily hybridize when kept in same tank together 

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

@ColuI think this was farmed Aspidoras as the Germans have gotten a taste for them and some of the South Asian farms started breeding them and as you made clear not caring about whether they were hybrids. 

Most hardcore Catfish people keep the lines clean and I’ve seen posts recently from Dan’s Fish and on some of the catfish forums about pure Aspidoras. In general they are the most spastic of all the corys. Fast swimming, social, gregarious fish which is what you see in the video @Guppysnail. They also stay relatively small and can go in 20-40 g tanks which makes them approachable for a lot of people unlike the chonkers I just got the CW028s E20DE52A-200A-4E45-B1CF-6D178740CBD5.jpeg.f92c3ba55998b0670d82ac14b2dd1735.jpeg

Congratulations @Guppysnailreally cool Corys! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the leaves of the sweet potato are pretty 

Guppysnail my new snails are starting to mate one already laid eggs yesterday  I caught her doing it I never saw them actually laying them before it was really interesting to watch 

Edited by Bev C
  • Love 2

Yes they are mating and trying to be parents  I just take the eggs out  i was lucky to catch it in progress usually my older snails does it at night in private..

lol yes the new little ones are getting big  and fat even the smaller ones are growing they all are eating like little pigs 🐷

I have to add extra food with the snails and bristolnose if i don’t the snails hog it  and the bristolnose does not get any … with a extra piece of vegetable all gets their share of food and eats  trying  a cucumber today  lol 😂 

and i have been adding calcium to rephasy and adding crushed egg shells in the tank and the snails color of shells are gorgeous my older white snail still has a chip but it is healing slowly and his shell looks less brittle 

Edited by Bev C
  • Love 1

@Guppysnail how do you spout sweet potato 🍠 in water and light  ?… never was a farmer 👩‍🌾 lol might have to try sweet potato really like the leaves 

i have pothos in tanks so far but have not tried anything else

when you tried pineapple i thought that was real  neat did the pineapple do anything? 

Edited by Bev C

On 9/29/2022 at 9:53 AM, Bev C said:

@Guppysnail how do you spout sweet potato 🍠 in water and light  ?… never was a farmer 👩‍🌾 lol might have to try sweet potato really like the leaves 

i have pothos in tanks so far but have not tried anything else

when you tried pineapple i thought that was real  neat did the pineapple do anything? 

It a highly specialized technique 🤣🤣🤣-NOT

They are beautiful plants  

glass of water- drop in potato- sit in windowsill. When water looks off dump and fill. 

Thats it. It will send 3-15 sprouts. Each sprout can then be removed and rooted using that same method. Once you see roots either plant or drop roots on the tank. 

you can see a few more sprouts starting. 

image.jpg

image.jpg
edit  to add They say you need to get organics and what not because other potatoes are treated etc. I don’t I just happen to have an extra microwavable sweet potato and that’s what you’re looking at in that cup 🤣

image.jpg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Love 2

Thanks Guppysnail  for the directions 

We are having a surprise party for my Mom this Sunday and going to Krogers today or tomorrow i will see if they have any sweet potato

I will get 2 one to spout and one to test on the babies to see if they like to eat the potatoes never tried them before in the tank 

• Like 2