I went to a swap yesterday. I got the coolest blyxa japonica. I put it in mom n dads tank and it changed the vibe so much I redid the tank. E78FBAFE-E1A5-4F7D-BD4C-626174FAB7C4.jpeg.9ac860c054ec5a1c51bc4b92be19a87c.jpeg

Got some more Val and pulled an ENTIRE 5 gallon bucket of guppy grass out of all my fish tanks. The snail tanks just were done so left those be. 

0F1A633B-E295-4DF0-BEFC-1828AB647A4F.jpeg

045E3B22-D3C7-4962-8573-61BDBEFEF25B.jpeg

71F69051-F034-4FF3-854E-69CB0130D241.jpeg

90890BB2-DCCF-40FB-8600-B858C65C03E6.jpeg

B1F6B8A4-4E5D-46C6-AF75-A7B4CA4E9775.jpeg

BC9DD99A-0EEF-4124-9480-2C8D784B578A.jpeg

• Like 3

Well I’m going to allow this one to hatch IF it hatches in its own with no involvement from me. Enough folks have asked if I have more. I didn’t list the last ones only gave them to friends so this one I’ll list any babies that make it. It’s high up so I’m thinking not many if any. 🤷‍♀️

DCE0119E-CABF-4A37-A534-D0E0702C414E.jpeg

On 10/17/2022 at 6:08 PM, Guppysnail said:

Well I’m going to allow this one to hatch IF it hatches in its own with no involvement from me. Enough folks have asked if I have more. I didn’t list the last ones only gave them to friends so this one I’ll list any babies that make it. It’s high up so I’m thinking not many if any. 🤷‍♀️

DCE0119E-CABF-4A37-A534-D0E0702C414E.jpeg

Do different color variations lay different color eggs??

Just talked to my fish guy. He thought I knew the trio he listed were NOT Bolivians. I said heck no I’ve never owned a cichlid 🤣 my friend informed me they were not when I excitedly posted the video. So the original unsexed juvenile Bolivians he got from a breeder for me last month are out of qt this weekend. He said they came through with flying colors. They are being sent out today. I ordered 3 to be safe 🤗🥰

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea thanks again 🤗

On 10/17/2022 at 12:27 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Do different color variations lay different color eggs??

No but different types do. This is the best chart I have found showing each side by side. The pink are the ones you find in the hobby as mystery snails though a friend had some that laid the red ones 😲

84941993-3F4C-44FF-92C9-0D3F41F03366.png

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, Guppysnail said:

thought I knew the trio he listed were NOT Bolivians

What were they (out of interest)??

On 10/17/2022 at 6:28 PM, Guppysnail said:

Just talked to my fish guy. He thought I knew the trio he listed were NOT Bolivians. I said heck no I’ve never owned a cichlid 🤣 my friend informed me they were not when I excitedly posted the video. So the original unsexed juvenile Bolivians he got from a breeder for me last month are out of qt this weekend. He said they came through with flying colors. They are being sent out today. I ordered 3 to be safe 🤗🥰

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea thanks again 🤗

No but different types do. This is the best chart I have found showing each side by side. The pink are the ones you find in the hobby as mystery snails though a friend had some that laid the red ones 😲

84941993-3F4C-44FF-92C9-0D3F41F03366.png

Kind of reminds me of beans with food coloring 🤷‍♂️

🙃

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2022 at 6:26 AM, Guppysnail said:

Angel and lefty 🥰 Angels head is much larger than Dads.  His red maturity spot is larger, redder and more prominent than Dads also.  

0AA09647-2213-414F-A316-5418E48110B4.jpeg

D0E046F9-6D7E-4558-8C38-AE622D0E8D0B.jpeg

B7A7C889-FF8E-4C48-ACE9-1DF5439F85F6.jpeg

They are both so beautiful. They're both out and about! I was certain that they were always trying to make babies. 😂

Edited by Minanora
It's early
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2022 at 12:30 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

What were they (out of interest)??

Looked like some kind of German rams. Same body shape as Bolivians, but different color. If German, more aggressive temperament and less hardy.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:48 PM, Guppysnail said:

https://band.us/band/76483725/post/1379
Here is the video of them (I hope I copied it right

• Thanks 2

My Bolivian rams are here. The packing was stellar. Each in individual bags with hornwort. Bag temp was still 72 even though it was 30s overnight and only 50s during the day. My guy does a really good job packing and always fasts for a solid 2 days prior. 
Unfortunately the boy did not make it 😢. I inspected him and he had no visible issues. Sometimes the stress is just to much. These 3 would have been an even 60 fish I’ve gotten from my guy. This is the very first loss. 
He is getting more in a week or so. When they are through QT I’ll get my boy. 
The smaller girl is a bully. Not out for blood type bully just queen bee letting the other know who is top fish girl. 🤣

I did not think it possible but my pandas are even more active 😲. The girls have somehow changed the dynamics in the tank overnight. Usually the pandas freeze in place when lights come on or I open the lid. This morning they ignored the lights. They ignored me adding food. They even came to my hand while I was putting worms in. 
Both girls ate well last night (grindal worms) and this morning (white worms and extreme nano). 
The girls must have been chubsters because they only look a touch thin from fasting. 

HAPPY ADVENTURES…TRY SOMETHING NEW

• Like 2
  • Love 3

On 10/19/2022 at 1:59 PM, Guppysnail said:

My Bolivian rams are here. The packing was stellar. Each in individual bags with hornwort. Bag temp was still 72 even though it was 30s overnight and only 50s during the day. My guy does a really good job packing and always fasts for a solid 2 days prior. 
Unfortunately the boy did not make it 😢. I inspected him and he had no visible issues. Sometimes the stress is just to much. These 3 would have been an even 60 fish I’ve gotten from my guy. This is the very first loss. 
He is getting more in a week or so. When they are through QT I’ll get my boy. 
The smaller girl is a bully. Not out for blood type bully just queen bee letting the other know who is top fish girl. 🤣

I did not think it possible but my pandas are even more active 😲. The girls have somehow changed the dynamics in the tank overnight. Usually the pandas freeze in place when lights come on or I open the lid. This morning they ignored the lights. They ignored me adding food. They even came to my hand while I was putting worms in. 
Both girls ate well last night (grindal worms) and this morning (white worms and extreme nano). 
The girls must have been chubsters because they only look a touch thin from fasting. 

HAPPY ADVENTURES…TRY SOMETHING NEW

Shame to hear about the boy 😢