On 2/27/2024 at 10:37 AM, Guppysnail said:

Honey gourami bubble nest 60A90A0F-BB27-4AC7-A525-89C987C66E1C.jpeg.8d0a917f9de86f6cde62c0baf7a363ab.jpeg

New batch of limia nigrofasciata fry. I got excited and added food before I took the photo 🤣

D9DAAC4D-897C-4D5D-9A97-EDDE6A1E20A7.jpeg

Yeah making me think you had 10000 babies 

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2024 at 2:59 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

*waiting for Froggin photo* 

image.png.ac014d370094414fdfe2f5277f9ef914.png

👆

image.gif.b857ec9c19f54a578918fa4603cfd6fa.gif

image.jpeg.5766c39dfff5a87d597ef2d006901d00.jpeg

Also can’t wait for updates on

On 2/24/2024 at 1:20 PM, Guppysnail said:

Danio erythromicron

❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
We needed more Mr. Bean
  • Like 2

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea  the danios you must ask @TeeJay for photos of. The guy he was getting them from misunderstood and thought he wanted CPD.  He had tons of those.  He only had 6 of the emeralds and Teejay needed those to fill out his shoal. 
The Emeralds are back at the top of the someday fish list.

I did bully Teejay into feeding the empty 10 gallon he moved his emeralds out of instead of tearing it down in hopes there were eggs left behind….desperate time-desperate measures and all 🤣

Frog just got done in the swimming pool and is now on the hunt. 

88506666-F8A6-47A4-B998-6057230B12B9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Froggin is livin such an awesome life in her forest!!!    …does your house always sound like crickets?

Also Boo’s coat is so shiny and beautiful. Does he know the flavor of all of your houseplants?

On 3/5/2024 at 7:09 AM, Guppysnail said:

I did bully Teejay into feeding the empty 10 gallon he moved his emeralds out of instead of tearing it down in hopes there were eggs left behind….desperate time-desperate measures and all

It can always be a quarantine and he’s feeding bacteria. Maybe once a week I toss a pellet or something into a 5.5gal. I never broke it down after quarantining Flint the pleco.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 3:38 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Froggin is livin such an awesome life in her forest!!!    …does your house always sound like crickets?

Only when we buy the crickets at certain pet shops.  The one I normally buy from gets banded crickets and they do not chirp at the small size we get her. 

On 3/6/2024 at 3:38 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Also Boo’s coat is so shiny and beautiful. Does she know the flavor of all of your houseplants?

Boo is such a good boy. He never touches houseplants.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Guppysnail

Just stopping by to say Hi and check your journal, Boo. He looks, so handsome sitting on the table like he is King... .   Oh the frogs, thy are so cute   Your plants look wonderful; mine are starting to finally grow. I kind of know now which plants do well for me and which lighting schedule is best. And I hardly have algae; except on the lids, what I do have is the red cherry shrimp takes care of it. My red shrimp love algae. Crypts and swords does best for me, and the less time I spend with them, they grow better for me. I just make sure I give them their routine Easy Green liquid and root tabs.

You are doing great with the babies; Babies everywhere🤣; I wish my fish would have them. I am doing well with baby snails and shrimp, though. I have baby snails as we speak. If you have any more babies with the small Aspidora let me know. 
Edited by Bev C
  • Love 1

@Bev C 🤗💕💕💕💕💕

Miss you. If you want more Aspidora just say the word and I will hatch some for you. I’m not actively working on them right now but for you I would be delighted to. 

Im glad everything is going good with your tanks and kiddos. 

Fun video of my GBR. They were born over a year ago and I only ever named them Boy and Girl.  I was sitting in the floor watching the Limia nigrofasciata tank below theirs and they were both side by side staring down at me.  His markings look like rectangle eyebrows she does not have those. I swear I saw this when I looked up. I desperately want to get a ceramic rubber ducky decor for their tank now 🤣

They now have been named Bert and Ernie ❤️41EEBB61-1E23-4D8A-A1FB-A89D9D1DD5E7.jpeg.ce7e9244de21350bad8bf5e768bf5c78.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Love 4

Monumental DUH I AM AN IDIOT day yesterday.

I have been trying to get Psuedomugil luminatus eggs for a year.  They hide from any spawning mop or moss hanging clump I put in the tank. I did see them spawn on the intake sponge of s HOB.  
I tried the mop again 2 weeks ago. Everyday for 2 weeks I checked the mop for eggs AGAIN. Nothing 😣

Yesterday I was so frustrated I pulled the mop and laid it out so I could clean it.  It laid there for 20 minutes. I picked it up to clean the now drained mop and almost fell over. 20 eggs.  
How??? They hide and won’t go near the mop.  
I plucked the eggs off and returned it to the tank.

Certain I killed these eggs I contacted a friend @SJ fishing who breeds these and he assured me he has left his eggs out and these should hatch just fine. They also explained the eggs are crazy hard to see if you don’t drain the mop a bit.  My old lady eyes have probably been missing hundreds of eggs over this past year  I never drained the mop before to look.

I will know in roughly 10 days if I killed the eggs by drying to much  

I know when I’m not in the room the luminatus hunt the substrate.  As soon as I enter they dart to the top. They won’t hunt the substrate when I’m in the room. 
I sat peeking around the corner for an hour and sure enough they spawned again in the mop.  
Maybe not going near the mop is a defense mechanism so potential predators do not think there is anything in the mop worth checking out. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

@Guppysnail  Oh, I hope the eggs are ok, and you will have babies ... Big hugs 🧡 Bert and Ernie is beautiful, I love your videos and I have done stupid stuff too and smack myself for it,   I tried everything even the mop to try to have my cories and Aspidora to lay …  Nothing ...  The Snails I learned from a wonderful friend and teacher. (I think you might know her. LOL 🤣i) If I leave the clutch, it in the tank and let mother nature do her thing now I have babies everywhere. Maybe I'm trying too hard with the cories and aspidora. Bur I just in love both breeds, they are so cute but Mom is greedy I want more of them 

When I stared out I got a mixture of different fish and over many years found I love the bottom dwellers, letting the mixture have a good life, but   I am not trying to replace the mixture  only have one red eye tetra left he is so old I know I have him for 7 years they say 5 yeas is their life span he is swimming slower and staying in one place and more at the top will have to keep an eye out … I quarantine him so he will not get bullied, and I think Barney my bristolnose is going blind, not sure if he seems ok, but he can not see me when I am near, and he used to come running at mealtime now he acts like he can not see the food unless I put the food right next to him glad he is not afraid of me 

@Guppysnail yes please on the Aspidora I am no hurry just when you have some in spring or fall   Not sure how many I need, yet   I want them for two tanks, the ones I have need more buddies. And I wonder how many I need for a 29 gallon I am going to get few more Pygmy cories to, … for the 29 gallon …will add snails and some shrimp in there with them 

This week coming I have on the schedule of therapy and doctor visit but   this week the baby snails are going to their forever home I have 6 people picking up … And one guy. From next town over is setting up a brand-new fish room, he wants as many snails as I can give him for 17 tanks he is taking shrimp too    He was last on my list so not sure how many he will get, but I think there plenty for everyone and myself   I always keep a few from each hatch 

I will stop gabbing ...  You all have a good weekend and love to all 🧡

Edited by Bev C
  • Love 2

On 3/16/2024 at 7:32 AM, Bev C said:

@Guppysnail  Oh, I hope the eggs are ok, and you will have babies ... Big hugs 🧡 Bert and Ernie is beautiful, I love your videos and I have done stupid stuff too and smack myself for it,   I tried everything even the mop to try to have my cories and Aspidora to lay …  Nothing ...  The Snails I learned from a wonderful friend and teacher. (I think you might know her. LOL 🤣i) If I leave the clutch, it in the tank and let mother nature do her thing now I have babies everywhere. Maybe I'm trying too hard with the cories and aspidora. Bur I just in love both breeds, they are so cute but Mom is greedy I want more of them 

When I stared out I got a mixture of different fish and over many years found I love the bottom dwellers, letting the mixture have a good life, but   I am not trying to replace the m only have one red eye tetra left he is so old I know I have him for 7 years they say 5 yeas is their life span he is swimming slower and staying in one place and more at the top will have to keep an eye out … I quarantine him so he will not get bullied, and I think Barney my bristolnose is going blind, not sure if he seems ok, but he can not see me when I am near, and he used to come running at mealtime now he acts like he can not see the food unless I put the food right next to him glad he is not afraid of me 

@Guppysnail yes please on the Aspidora I am no hurry just when you have some in spring or fall   Not sure how many I need, yet   I want them for two tanks, the ones I have need more buddies. And I wonder how many I need for a 29 gallon I am going to get few more Pygmy cories to, … for the 29 gallon …will add snails and some shrimp in there with them 

This week coming I have on the schedule of therapy and doctor visit but   this week the baby snails are going to their forever home I have 6 people picking up … And one guy. From next town over is setting up a brand-new fish room, he wants as many snails as I can give him for 17 tanks he is taking shrimp too    He was last on my list so not sure how many he will get, but I think there plenty for everyone and myself   I always keep a few from each hatch 

I will stop gabbing ...  You all have a good weekend and love to all 🧡

I’m so happy for you.  Right now I’m participating in my clubs Breeders Awards program so my tanks are packed full of eggs and fry of many types.  I do not have a tank to hatch a large group of Aspidora. They have a few that survive in the tank. It’s oddly planted with large lotus bamboo that forms a fence along the back wall. They hide behind that fence as soon as the net hits the water 😖

As I get them I can send them in small groups. If you would want that.  If not I’ll make time and space to hatch a dedicated  batch before winter to get them to you.

I hope you still have my phone number.  I lost yours when I got a new phone ☹️Call or text me or direct message me your number so I can stay in contact with you.

These guys do not breed until around a year. I think yours are just now reaching that 1 year mark. Worms trigger breeding. I’ll send you some worm cultures with the first small group. You may start getting breeding.  
They like to lay in flow on the glass. If you have a small powerhead not too strong maybe point it at a wall near the top of the tank. 
🤗

• Like 1

@Guppysnail

Do not worry, just wait till fall to try breeding the Aspidora. I am in no hurry.  We can wait till fall There is no use sending them in different packages I can wait And it sounds like you have your hands full, but sounds like fun and heaven having so many babies and eggs … Best wishes on your Breeding program, I wished there was a fish club near me 

If You still have the same phone number, I still have it.   I have the same home number but different cell and number, this cell is more reliable than my last cell …changed companies But I do not have texting on my cell, it is a flip phone ...  But I can talk on either home or cell unlimited, I will private message you my numbers. I use my house phone the most. Usually use Cell if I am out, not sure if I set up my cell voice mail messages yet … 

I did not know that about the worms and breeding, wonder if that would help the cories to ... … Might have to feed more worms   I feed the worms 2–3 times a week still have white worms I have two boxes of the white, the others died the Aspidora. And the cories and few of my mix fish loves the worms, the Aspidora. Always comes to their feeding spot when I get near the tank hoping for food, they are friendly little boogers when there is food involved or cleaning 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Family photo

I squirt a little live baby brine in the tank so they know it’s sea monkey day.  As soon as they see it they all congregate under the family tree stump.  The little strays in the tank are slowly learning to eat bbs from the coral feeder. 

FB5CEA58-4414-4CD7-97EA-475796D334B6.jpeg

• Like 1