On 10/19/2022 at 8:17 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Congrats @Guppysnail!  ORD

Maybe one remaining is a male because of the black spikes on top. You'll have to observe and when he "flares" (I guess that's the term, idk) you should see the spikes.

Bolivian-Butterfly-Sexing-400x482.jpg

I’ll have to get a good look when the main lights are on. Right now only overhead plant lights are on. One does have a vey dark stripe on the front of the dorsal I don’t know if my eyes are good enough to see the spikes. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 8:26 AM, Guppysnail said:

I’ll have to get a good look when the main lights are on. Right now only overhead plant lights are on. One does have a vey dark stripe on the front of the dorsal I don’t know if my eyes are good enough to see the spikes. 

The lady will have black on the fin also but it will look like someone took a paintbrush and painted just the top edge of front of the dorsal fin.

So the next thing I am looking at is fin shape, and head shape.  I still think the one with the single ink blot on his side is a guy.  Not sure about the other one.  Need better fin pics for the other fish, which I will call Stripe, for now, due to the marking that looks like a lateral line. We will need to see if the fins are more rounded or pointy.

And we are going to have more color development as time goes on.

They look nice and healthy!  Great looking fish @Guppysnail!

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2022 at 11:43 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

So the next thing I am looking at is fin shape, and head shape.  I still think the one with the single ink blot on his side is a guy.  Not sure about the other one.  Need better fin pics for the other fish, which I will call Stripe, for now, due to the marking that looks like a lateral line. We will need to see if the fins are more rounded or pointy.

And we are going to have more color development as time goes on.

They look nice and healthy!  Great looking fish @Guppysnail!

So Spot and Stripe are now their names. 😁. I’ll see what I can do on better photos. They are NOSEY and come stare straight at me as soon as I’m near the tank. If snoot photos could id sex we would be in business 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2022 at 11:03 AM, Guppysnail said:

I’m so glad I got the folding chair. I’ve been sitting here all morning. Even

You mean you don’t miss having numb toes?? 😂

On 10/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

My Punk is more pouty lipped than kissy...

Aww. I love Punk. And I love how you designed the Angry Man Tank.

Since we were talking about foods earlier, what is Punk’s diet like? His color is really nice.

On 10/19/2022 at 12:58 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

I find they are very similar to Betta fish- but lkely a lot less prone to illness like they are. Lots of personality!

I heard that too! @nabokovfan87 had mentioned it today over on the Colossal Idiot thread. 🙂

On 10/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, Guppysnail said:

So Spot and Stripe are now their names

ORD! 😍

On 10/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, Guppysnail said:

They are NOSEY and come stare straight at me as soon as I’m near the tank.

Seeeeee? That’s what Snoopy does!! Hence his name. You better watch out, they are gonna photobomb every cory pic you try to take!  

Do you have shrimp in there too?

• Love 1

On 10/19/2022 at 4:04 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Seeeeee? That’s what Snoopy does!! Hence his name. You better watch out, they are gonna photobomb every cory pic you try to take!  

Do you have shrimp in there too?

aw see... panda horde lined up in the glass today in the front of the tank as soon as I put the bucket to refill the tank back.  LOL..... too adorable, it was like they could smell the cold water!

• Like 2

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea Thank you for your compliments. Angry Man is everyone's favorite when they see my tanks in person. Punk is the crown jewel, I love him too. 

So my tanks get a variety but I've narrowed it down. I feed a different food every day. ACO small fish food, Xtreme Krill Flakes, Fluval Color Flakes, Fluval Spirulina flakes (not super often but it gets mixed in) and Fluval Tropical Flakes. I also once a week do a mix of frozen bloodworms and baby brine shrimp. He eats all of the foods I've listed. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2022 at 7:31 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea Thank you for your compliments. Angry Man is everyone's favorite when they see my tanks in person. Punk is the crown jewel, I love him too. 

So my tanks get a variety but I've narrowed it down. I feed a different food every day. ACO small fish food, Xtreme Krill Flakes, Fluval Color Flakes, Fluval Spirulina flakes (not super often but it gets mixed in) and Fluval Tropical Flakes. I also once a week do a mix of frozen bloodworms and baby brine shrimp. He eats all of the foods I've listed. 

Since you’ve listed various flakes, I’m guessing Punk is ok feeding from the surface?

Snoopy doesn’t surface feed, and he bottom fed for the longest time. Just recently he started to feed at midlevel.

• Like 1

This morning my fish guy posted on his thing the last batch of heat packs were defective and he would make all sales right (he always does) and he won’t ship until he gets new ones that he tests to make sure. My bag temp was 72 for the rams but it was on the truck from 8am until 730 pm.  I’ve had the same ups guy for 20 years. He always puts my fish by the heater near him when it’s cold. I’m wondering if these guys got way to cold as it was low 30 degrees the night of shipping and then warmed up when he had them in the truck and that’s why I lost one. 
Stripe is doing marvelous but I’m worried about Spot. Just not as active as Stripe he stays still a lot. He nibbled but not eat the way Stripe did. He also swims with a wobble/sway. Instead of his body being upright it sways side to side when he swims. Otherwise he looks healthy. 

He is staying in the plants so I know he is uncertain at this point. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Quick update he was on the substrate in his side. I moved him to a recovery tank with salt. He is still alive and keeps trying to swim but still on his side. 
Hope is slim but not gone. I hade a new guppy I got to recover from this after she was like this for 3 days. She lived for another year. She was my original blue momma and I had many beautiful babies from her. Keep your fingers crossed but hopes guarded. 

• Sad 3