On 10/21/2022 at 12:26 PM, Guppysnail said:

I just got them at Keystone Clash. I’m me so of course I’m hoping they breed 😁

Any luck???(Sorry I'm just trying to while away some time at a ski lift, first one up/last one down!)

On 9/27/2022 at 2:09 AM, Colu said:

They hybridized with other species of aspidoras as a lot of species look very similar  they readily hybridize when kept in same tank together 

When unboxing at my LFS, I could hardly tell the difference between bag of Aspidoras 1 and bag of Aspidoras 2. Or was it 3? Or 4? 5? 6....

On 11/5/2022 at 7:03 PM, TeeJay said:

Look at that fancy rimless tank. 🤗

That is the funny tank. It was supposed o be a shrimp viewing tank the front top is slanted. Got it in clearance a few years ago. PITA TO DEAL WITH. EVERYTIME I take it down I swear I’m throwing it out. It make it as far as the front door then something comes up and I NEEEEDDDD it 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, Minanora said:

Ord. This is me with my 10g quarantine. 🤣 "I'm going to put it away, woo! ....I got new fish, I need to leave it up for another month" 😶

That little Panda is so cute!

😍

I know right!  I strip it, clean it I even gave it away once but the girl never picked it up. Back in the beginning of this journal over a year ago I was getting rid of it 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

It was a rough morning.  When I turned lights on Penny had wedged himself under moss behind a piece of cholla it was attached to up against the glass. He had already passed. He had a scrape mark and was missing most of the pectoral fin that was touching the cholla. 😢

I move the cholla out so this could not happen again. I removed the one rock that held the cholla in place. 

I placed the other rock in the 29 and to keep me busy until the sadness body chemicals processed through I redid the 29 a bit.  

The tree in the middle just never quite looked stellar and I needed it to corral the unruly guppy grass so here is what I came up with. I’m not sure I’m thrilled but when it settles in and I see what it looks like without the floating breeder I’ll decide. 8BF759A9-FD89-4871-9A8B-F2C313B3592C.jpeg.0dd8ea6b0cbde1ad2fa0c160d4c81f19.jpeg

I also ran across this that I did not know.  I have no idea if this is correct or a reputable web page so grain of salt here. I wonder if crushing the casing of the clutch when other critters are in the tank might not be a great idea  I’ll have to read up to see if it’s true that the casings contain an actual toxin vs a deterrent.  783FCB1B-097A-4336-8574-F2DB33BD1D9D.png.084b3b8489fee859b0692ea769f62f96.png

• Sad 4

On 11/7/2022 at 8:58 AM, Guppysnail said:

Penny

That SUCKS!  I'm so sorry!  😭  And that could have happened to any of us. Sometimes these critters get into predicaments, places we wouldn't even think they could fit in the first place. 

Yesterday Geppetto the betta went between those 2 massive red rocks. I had no idea he could get through there. He wiggled to do it. And came out the other side.

The tree in the middle just never quite looked stellar and I needed it to corral the unruly guppy grass so here is what I came up with

The best part of this arrangement is the ornament on the right branch.

to see if it’s true that the casings contain an actual toxin vs a deterrent

It's interesting for sure.  We do know the baby snails eat the crumbled clutch after hatching.  And the eggs in my experience only look pink on day 1 or 2, then they turn like a cream color.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Sometimes these critters get into predicaments, places we wouldn't even think they could fit in the first place.

I know. Even my CPDs barely fit between the glass and wood. 

I moved my big boy Chestnut to the 29 a few days after I added the GBR to his tank. I couldn’t bare shortening his already long life with the higher temps. Crazy how much I adore him. 

• Love 1

On 11/7/2022 at 2:58 PM, Guppysnail said:

It was a rough morning.  When I turned lights on Penny had wedged himself under moss behind a piece of cholla it was attached to up against the glass. He had already passed. He had a scrape mark and was missing most of the pectoral fin that was touching the cholla. 😢

I move the cholla out so this could not happen again. I removed the one rock that held the cholla in place. 

I placed the other rock in the 29 and to keep me busy until the sadness body chemicals processed through I redid the 29 a bit.  

The tree in the middle just never quite looked stellar and I needed it to corral the unruly guppy grass so here is what I came up with. I’m not sure I’m thrilled but when it settles in and I see what it looks like without the floating breeder I’ll decide. 8BF759A9-FD89-4871-9A8B-F2C313B3592C.jpeg.0dd8ea6b0cbde1ad2fa0c160d4c81f19.jpeg

I also ran across this that I did not know.  I have no idea if this is correct or a reputable web page so grain of salt here. I wonder if crushing the casing of the clutch when other critters are in the tank might not be a great idea  I’ll have to read up to see if it’s true that the casings contain an actual toxin vs a deterrent.  783FCB1B-097A-4336-8574-F2DB33BD1D9D.png.084b3b8489fee859b0692ea769f62f96.png

Sorry to hear about Penny! It's a shame that you're having such bad luck with Bolivian Rams.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 10:19 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Sorry to hear about Penny! It's a shame that you're having such bad luck with Bolivian Rams.

The GBRs made this bad luck not so bad. They are thriving. I was working on the funny tank below theirs. The substrate was level with my forehead. I looked up to see ALL 5 rams pointing down in a group looking straight at me. So they are very full of the personality I wanted from the Bolivians. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

On 11/7/2022 at 7:36 AM, Guppysnail said:

The GBRs made this bad luck not so bad. They are thriving. I was working on the funny tank below theirs. The substrate was level with my forehead. I looked up to see ALL 5 rams pointing down in a group looking straight at me. So they are very full of the personality I wanted from the Bolivians. 

Were they saying “mine, mine, mine”…? 😍

• Haha 4

On 11/7/2022 at 4:36 PM, Guppysnail said:

As long as they're happy I expect that softens the blow 🙂

On 11/7/2022 at 4:52 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

The betta was watching me out of the side glass do the water change on the nearby quarantine tank.  I did not realize I was being supervised 🤣

Caught my angelfish reading the news with me: 

image.jpeg.38dc45e051b1ee8affbd699379ff8934.jpeg

"Shame about climate change, but more importantly : GIVE ME FOOD NOW PLEASE!"

Edited by TheSwissAquarist
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 11/7/2022 at 10:49 AM, eatyourpeas said:

Were they saying “mine, mine, mine”…? 😍

My little flock of seagulls. However this is the first fish my hubby has interest in. He asked me the other day how my GOOBER fish were. 
I said what are you talking about. He said the ones you just got you told me they were GOOBER fish. I laughed I said not GOOBER. GBR. Then explained 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Haha 5

On 11/7/2022 at 5:10 PM, Guppysnail said:

My little flock of seagulls. However this is the first fish my hubby has interest in. He asked me the other day how my GOOBER fish were. 
I said what are you talking about. He said the ones you just got you told me they were GOOBER fish. I laughed I said not GOOBER. GBR. Then explained 🤣🤣🤣

At least he tried 😂

Well, they kind of are goobers.  Always wanting in on things despite not really knowing what it’s about, just want to join in anyway.  Oh, we’re running off a cliff today?  OK!

I’ve read that elsewhere about apple snails, specifically Pomacea maculata and especially P. canaliculata (both have bright pink eggs) are known to be toxic (it’s a neurotoxin).  I couldn’t find any information on P. bridgesii eggs being toxic and I’ve accidentally crushed clutches and knocked them into the water with no noticed adverse effects.

Sorry about Penny.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1