On 10/24/2022 at 3:31 PM, Guppysnail said:

Fantastic. She is searching out her new digs. She is still a bit nervous though. I’m not sure she recognizes the guppy babies are even there 🤷‍♀️

Glad to see her doing better. I have to admit, I saw some while working at my LFS yesterday and they looked very tempting 🙃

• Love 1

On 10/24/2022 at 12:41 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Ah yeah, you're good.  Bolivians are peaceful with other tankmates, as far as I have experienced and have seen on the ACO and PTA videos.  Except for other Bolivians.  But then we still need more info on that, such as is there a certain number of Bolivians in a tank that do ok?

Most fish I have experienced will find their own space. The scarlets were not supposed to do well together but in a 20 long they each have an area they defend. It just amuses me she is not even curious about the guppy kids. 

Penelope just danced for me and flared. I didn’t get a photo but the front three dorsal rays are pitch black the entire way to the body. 

Penelope is a boy 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

On 10/24/2022 at 6:44 PM, Guppysnail said:

Most fish I have experienced will find their own space. The scarlets were not supposed to do well together but in a 20 long they each have an area they defend. It just amuses me she is not even curious about the guppy kids. 

Penelope just danced for me and flared. I didn’t get a photo but the front three dorsal rays are pitch black the entire way to the body. 

Penelope is a boy 🤣🤣🤣

Do we have to call it Pedro or Peter😂

On 10/25/2022 at 2:11 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Do we have to call it Pedro or Peter😂

Absolutely not. We went through quite a few names he was indifferent to and Spunky he grabbed a piece of food off the ground came to the glass and spit it at me. Penelope he started eating and wiggling and doing a happy fin dance. So Penelope it is. I may call him Penny for short if he doesn’t mind. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2

Meet my new adventure. German Blue Rams. 

Thank you to my friend and one of the kindest people I know @dasaltemelosguy for gifting them to me. 🤗

They have been in tank about 30 minutes with Penelope. Pictures do not do these beautiful fish justice. I loved them on the internet and in his tank but in person these solidly compete with saltwater color. 

They will be going in mom n dads tank eventually. I’m working on bringing the temp from 74-75 up to 78-79

😍❤️😲

The lights are still off and they have this much color. I can’t wait to see them full color under the light. 🤩

C79C2BC3-F6DF-4624-96F0-6C5DA5F2EF1D.jpeg

1FADACCD-4478-49DB-9923-37DD4B46AAD1.jpeg

05E7EEF3-D32B-4287-A514-85041C03134B.jpeg

E2A4DC26-130A-424E-BA81-6845E3580E0F.jpeg

41E6F354-7D5C-4EC6-8C40-93D5A2BB3089.jpeg

BBF0F56A-84EC-4CEA-A041-8591084A44DE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Spent some time reading this journal. If I trust anyone for “the real deal” info on fish it’s @Fish Folk  

I put some river rocks in mom n dads tank after reading this thread. The pot on the left is moms pot so I kept stone away and the extra fern I put in the qt to break sight lines will go between her pot and the rocks. Dads cave is well hidden so no issue. The pot on the right was a mystery snail/nerite pot. I moved the two magenta boys to Angel and Lefty’s tank. Big boy Chestnut I’m leaving alone. He is old. 

It looks odd but once some good algae and stuff starts growing it won’t look so strange. 

0930D33C-87F2-4C79-B30B-D0A96B95E9EE.jpeg

43610D90-16AF-405F-99F4-EA2241DBBB3D.jpeg

B84946F3-EB91-4294-ACFA-C5CF7BAA5423.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

I’m already ORD, but they’re gorgeous!  It also looks like it’s about to go DOWN in the ram tank!  I can almost visualize the tats, leather jackets, wallets with chains on them,  . . . I’m worried about seeing some brass knuckles coming out!  😆 😂 😉 

• Haha 3

On 10/25/2022 at 2:51 PM, Odd Duck said:

I’m already ORD, but they’re gorgeous!  It also looks like it’s about to go DOWN in the ram tank!  I can almost visualize the tats, leather jackets, wallets with chains on them,  . . . I’m worried about seeing some brass knuckles coming out!  😆 😂 😉 

Funny you say that. I’ve had to turn the lights off 3 times. Though I’m certain they are fairly peaceful, I did not expect almost 2 inch very plump healthy robust BOISTEROUS right out of the gate fish. I never get fish this dang great anywhere. 
They ram into each other in the head and side. It starts to get scary so I turn the lights out. 

My little 8.75g qt will not do for almost 12 inches of rams. They just have no space. 

I have seen all of them eat and poop very healthy poop. So I’m pulling out my 20 gallon tote from storage tomorrow for them. 

I can’t see well through it but with these guys I don’t think I need to. 

Rumble in the ram tank…que West Side Story music 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Haha 3

Expect the Unexpected 

3AM WAKE UP CALL

😴….honey something is making noise in one of your fish rooms you need to get up.

😡 seriously?

Dry running hob…wet floor 🤬

I thought the qt tank was leaking so I grabbed my net and very unceremoniously dumped the rams in the 40. Cleaned up the mess and discovered the balancing foot on the new mini hob came off and had drained out the back. 

Brain function when woken at 3am is nonexistent.

These rams are amazing. Not even startled by having the light blasted at them in the middle of the night. They just came looking at me. No fear of the net super easy to scoop up.  I dropped them in and figured they would be freaked out. Not at all.  Penny seen the food dish and started nomming. The GBR discovered shrimp and had a good old time.  No fear no color loss. 

Meanwhile every other fish in the room was pale and scared to pieces. 

The big GBR went into moms pot with her in it  I guess slept there because was there at sun up.  Mom has followed him about the tank all morning now  Dad for the first time went in moms pot then groomed it furiously.  

They are unphased by the chaotic CPD breeding this morning  a shrimp even hitched a ride on one.  Penny is loving life now  

They find things and then they all rush to group up to inspect whatever new wonder there is.  Then they squabble, break apart and repeat the process all over the tank. 

I fed grindal worms and white worms this morning. 

Went to the dwarf cat tank and seen what looked like tiny odd ramshorns.  But I don’t have ramshorns. Magenta mystery snail babies. Apparently there was a clutched tucked not under the lip of the hob but up where the hob sits on the tank.  Girls left a present when I moved them. 

Unfortunately the clutch was to dry and most did not make it out.  Those that did my assassin snail has been missing for 3 days. Found him behind the log under the hob in a little pile of empty magenta shells.  I manage to find and save 8-10. 6CEC0E49-1C98-49FF-9B4C-26F5B3069B7E.jpeg.3c00d57dca70af6a0793c64a78abb319.jpeg0746EE16-705B-4893-A814-D6CC92F36113.jpeg.51a026dc7e2ab5d385b13767d3c70196.jpeg

HAPPY ADVENTURES…I’M TRYING SOMETHING NEW 😁

more photos 

C9BA4403-B1AB-4B7D-BECF-DFB04B384128.jpeg

8E717FEB-BF32-4C6A-A38F-259FE9B28773.jpeg

900A45E8-D6BA-4296-ACF0-93E3BD8189F7.jpeg

CC9731E1-A340-4C43-90B1-97A4E2BD2B7E.jpeg

80AF171F-60BE-4457-BE4B-C4CFDD8E23C3.jpeg

BC8CE797-4F17-4899-BA58-ADF17807AFE9.jpeg

B860F8D4-5BBD-4A19-94C3-0712BF6420C8.jpeg

8F4032DB-8F88-4799-8F7D-F0AF6E8949BA.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

On 10/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, Guppysnail said:

They find things and then they all rush to group up to inspect whatever new wonder there is.  Then they squabble, break apart and repeat the process all over the tank. 

This is how my cats look when one's about to tackle the other.  They give each other the staredown and then one shakes their butt and POUNCE!

On 10/26/2022 at 12:00 PM, Guppysnail said:

discovered the balancing foot on the new mini hob came off and had drained out the back.

Well, at least it's not a cracked tank.  🙂 

---

Congrats on magenta babies!  Again!  😂

And boooo on those assassin snails.  But they are just doing what they do, I guess.  Are you going to put babies, or assassins, into a breeder box to keep the babies safe?

• Like 2