They are so totally hiding. I can’t see them at all 🤣

56421EA5-E469-4E59-A8CE-2AF455FE44E8.jpeg.04ccac163a194adcc87e8ab6f639de6d.jpeg

Lefty and Angels kids are doing great getting bigger. Here are a few in the food bowl. Some have started chasing guppy juveniles out of the food dish. It’s adorable. Angel is sitting on another clutch. 2 breeding pairs dropping like clockwork every month 🙄 @Ken Burke I may need to borrow that swimming pool I keep looking for fish in 🤣

Part of Mom n Dads clutch. The other food dish is just as full. They are scattered throughout the tank as well. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Although the coffe filter hatchery/fry box worked great for Duke I did not get to see all the cool developmental stages. I just walked in the room and saw my other largest panda fry swimming 😍

All I could think was Snoopy and The Red Baron. So meet Ace. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Going to try again. This time hubby brought out the big guns. He gave me a coarse wood rasp to remove the super glue and really roughen the wood up so it hopefully sticks better. 

Then I used @Odd Duck string technique. I tried to find string in one of my old sewing bags close to the same color as the moss so it was not to obnoxious looking.  It still looks like a failed attempt at knitting a sweater for my wood. 

I did not get the Dr. Seuss effect this time. That’s fine because end goal is looking like a maple tree…eventually some decade 🤣. I had to cover more of the wood to hide at least some of the string. The Riccia was longer this time and clumped a bit better so easier to work with  BED2140E-D037-4787-A7A3-B860FB1E518A.jpeg.678734bb59ad71fb7d89f15aeebbb53b.jpegDCA905A9-2369-426B-8037-879470BBC204.jpeg.4e4b38c728239325f8675fc3072ae08a.jpeg9A835870-EC7C-47E7-80B2-777576C01ECC.jpeg.5a8bb8db2c5f0ee1d3e8843ea6f37faf.jpeg

HAPPY ADVENTURES…TRY SOMETHING NEW 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

IF you can get the fishies to leave it alone, it will eventually “Seuss up” and get fluffier.  😆  I think you’re on the right track, but I just don’t know how well Riccia will grab hold.  It doesn’t really have strong roots, I don’t think.  It is a plant that does just as well floating without any attachment.

Depending on what composition your thread is, it may last quite a while or may fail fairly quickly if it’s high cotton content.  I’ve also found slightly thicker thread holds up to the silly snails much better.  🤷🏻‍♀️ 

It does look great!

Edited by Odd Duck
  • Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 11:18 AM, Odd Duck said:

Depending on what composition

This is an old embroidery kit so I think it is polyester/ nylon but can’t remember. I would not say it’s thick but not overly fine.  At my LFS they used to have one I loved so much. It filled a third of the tank. That’s why I’m so determined. Even it it grow into a giant ball I can corral over the tree to fake a tree look I’ll be good. It’s been just floating in there since the tiny terrorists picked it of. I think every guppy fry survived though so I had to do something with it. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 3:08 PM, Guppysnail said:

I just no it’s to far I’m not going. I actually belong to CCY and ACLC that are heavy involved in it so they will all bring back cool critters 🤗

I just looked close at the snail photo. We have a nerite photobomb 🤣

ED1554C1-3A14-4596-A4A7-3F3C86A4388A.jpeg

Nothing to see here. Just passing by on my way to grandma's house.

• Haha 2

On 7/23/2022 at 3:10 PM, Katherine said:

Haha! Yes, we do. I hadn't noticed. Do you know which variety this guy is? All 3 of my black racers do this, I haven't seen my zebra do it yet.

Olive. It seems all my olives do this. I have not seen the zebra or tigers do this but my black racer does as well. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 10:53 AM, Guppysnail said:

Going to try again. This time hubby brought out the big guns. He gave me a coarse wood rasp to remove the super glue and really roughen the wood up so it hopefully sticks better. 

Then I used @Odd Duck string technique. I tried to find string in one of my old sewing bags close to the same color as the moss so it was not to obnoxious looking.  It still looks like a failed attempt at knitting a sweater for my wood. 

I did not get the Dr. Seuss effect this time. That’s fine because end goal is looking like a maple tree…eventually some decade 🤣. I had to cover more of the wood to hide at least some of the string. The Riccia was longer this time and clumped a bit better so easier to work with  BED2140E-D037-4787-A7A3-B860FB1E518A.jpeg.678734bb59ad71fb7d89f15aeebbb53b.jpegDCA905A9-2369-426B-8037-879470BBC204.jpeg.4e4b38c728239325f8675fc3072ae08a.jpeg9A835870-EC7C-47E7-80B2-777576C01ECC.jpeg.5a8bb8db2c5f0ee1d3e8843ea6f37faf.jpeg

HAPPY ADVENTURES…TRY SOMETHING NEW 

I like the look. I hope that is works. I in all the trees I have made with all the mossesvthe string has never worked. Is there a reason you choose not to use the super glue method. ? Just interested. I hope you know by now I’m inquisitive. I love this type of moss. Is the second pic of it later. It looks great. My problem has been when the string tots off. I have learned that the same moss does grow different in different light or conditions even in the same tank. 

Edited by Brandon p
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 3:54 PM, Brandon p said:

I like the look. I hope that is works. I in all the trees I have made with all the mossesvthe string has never worked. Is there a reason you choose not to use the super glue method. ? Just interested. I hope you know by now I’m inquisitive. I love this type of moss. Is the second pic of it later. It looks great. My problem has been when the string tots off. I have learned that the same moss does grow different in different light or conditions even in the same tank. 

I did use the super glue method the first time. My shrimp picked all the moss off. This is attempt number 2 so I used super glue and string. 🤣

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 4:25 PM, Guppysnail said:

I did use the super glue method the first time. My shrimp picked all the moss off. This is attempt number 2 so I used super glue and string. 🤣

I have had that happen with some brands of glue as well. Im sorry I missy the type of moss. I can’t grow aquarium moss for my live(a little tongue in check considering recent heath). I love the look of the moss it’s self and then  I love the love look of the whole tree right out it Dr.Suess. . Good luck once it grows out how you like please repost.

• Thanks 1

@Guppysnail the magenta snails  are gorgeous color I have some more mystery snails on my fish list when I go get my shrimp, at the local shop I go to ..   I   want a couple more for my main tank but thinking maybe adding  a few for my  shrimp tank too   might have to see if they have any of the magenta color .. 

if you ever decide to sale and ship any, let me know... .. I have feel in love with my bottom dwellers , for sure .. 

• Like 2