On 7/25/2022 at 6:21 AM, Guppysnail said:

I wake up in the morning with no reactions to my name many days 🤣. Everyone on here just posts so much great stuff!

I know! I used almost all of my reactions on your threads yesterday. 🤔 Pretty sure I am the reason you "won the day" yesterday. 🤣

I love all of the new snails. Plants are looking great as well!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/25/2022 at 9:27 AM, Minanora said:

I know! I used almost all of my reactions on your threads yesterday. 🤔 Pretty sure I am the reason you "won the day" yesterday. 🤣

I love all of the new snails. Plants are looking great as well!

I do the same thing when I catch up on journals. It gets worse over the winter when everyone is regularly updating. 

• Like 1

My zebra  some like  the vegetables, others will not touch it my Mystery snails and my bristolnose (before he got sick)  comes running as soon as I put vegetables in . My snails do not touch green beans, or kale, but like any other vegetable they love carrots along with my dachshund  he loves carrots too  my bristolnose will only eat zucchini  & occasionally spinach my first pelco loved cucumber and broccoli 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 10:18 AM, Bev C said:

My zebra  some like  the vegetables, others will not touch it my Mystery snails and my bristolnose (before he got sick)  comes running as soon as I put vegetables in . My snails do not touch green beans, or kale, but like any other vegetable they love carrots along with my dachshund  he loves carrots too  my bristolnose will only eat zucchini  & occasionally spinach my first pelco loved cucumber and broccoli 

My critters all have unique tastes as well just like people. It’s so fun finding out what those are. 

On 7/29/2022 at 4:40 PM, Guppysnail said:

Getting bigger. I can actually see them now 😁5F126083-5F45-42FC-9AF4-D586ED8A6EB3.jpeg.064ea073eed0ab35a413a38966e703e5.jpeg4020438C-7BCA-4A16-B3A9-4BF026440038.jpeg.d867a0479c5e2eef7054e433d09f2118.jpegF2F6C555-592F-4A80-8056-81AEEA7028A9.jpeg.9488aa3e01ba15b210dc54f280602d34.jpeg33888EBC-BEE9-4533-8DC7-B3C11E339C57.jpeg.289baa1dcd0022dea356110032d8336e.jpeg

Lefty is doing great with Angel. Total lovebirds. Her pectoral fins still curl up. 

Watch out it's an invasion! Here they come.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 4:55 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Is that leaf at the top, outside of the water?

No. Anubias at the bottom. In front of it is a terra cotta liner food dish. 

Ok I see. The seam of this is solid black. It does look like an upper rim 🤣

• Haha 2

@Guppysnail the snails, it is amazing how small they are when they are born, it will be nice to see  your future post of  them getting  bigger. And I bet their coloring will be awesome,

maybe it is a good thing I have to watch my numbers in my aquarium.  I remove the egg sacs .. Or I would have a whole house of aquariums and mystery and nitrite  snails would be in each tank ,,, 

Edited by Bev C
  • Love 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:07 AM, Bev C said:

@Guppysnail the snails, it is amazing how small they are when they are born, it will be nice to see  your future post of  them getting  bigger. And I bet their coloring will be awesome,

maybe it is a good thing I have to watch my numbers in my aquarium.  I remove the egg sacs .. Or I would have a whole house of aquariums and mystery and nitrite  snails would be in each tank ,,, 

I know it kills me not to hatch all of them. Imagine an 800 gallon Tank full of snails 🤣 that would be me. Todays photos

F7A45CED-036E-4164-B86A-1F92C95D8FDF.jpeg

FD44440E-778B-4966-81B1-2AAB31E106D3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

On 7/31/2022 at 9:07 AM, Bev C said:

Fortunately the nerites won’t hatch. Those eggs require brackish water.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Guppysnail and @Chick-In-Of-TheSeaYes I am so glad the nitrites do not lay eggs that hatch ..

the mystery babies  I have 3 and have to remove a sac every other week .if I had room for more tanks or a bigger tank I would try to hatch 1 snail egg sac to just experiment and just offer free mystery snails to good homes . But I live in a mobile home and  a 55 gallon ,  20 gallon and a new 10 gallons is all the space I have  I got rid old small stereo to  make room for my new 10 gallons 

I know it kills me not to hatch all of them. Imagine an 800 gallon Tank full of snails 🤣 that would be me. 

LOL! 😅 I was picturing you in my head  with an 800 gallon tank  with tons of shell babies🤣

That is me, I love animals, when I was small we had different animals  we brought home every stray in the neighborhood we even rescued a hurt chick muck that we kept till he got the flu from my youngest brother and when I was married and had a  bigger house & yard we had 4 dachshunds now I have one   

• Love 1

On 7/31/2022 at 5:37 PM, Guppysnail said:

I know it kills me not to hatch all of them. Imagine an 800 gallon Tank full of snails 🤣 that would be me.

Haha! I actually checked aqadvisor to see where I'd be sitting if I kept all the babies from my small clutch. I'd be fine. It's a possibility...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

You must be feeding them good for them to grow overnight ...  Their colors are pretty already, I bet the older they...  get their colors will be better 

I have a question on the liquid calcium, and snail food  I  got some liquid calcium  from Amazon. You said put in their food, like the raphasy ... do you soak  the vegetables in the liquid too ?  My snails eat everything, but if they had a choice they would pick vegetables over fish food  I thought I would soak their spinach, carrots and zucchini first 

my poor bristolnose  Marvin is not eating zucchini now . And I miss feeding him by hand   and watching him eat 

On 8/1/2022 at 1:34 PM, Bev C said:

do you soak  the vegetables in the liquid too ? 

No. You could try but I’m not certain much would be soaked up. I just put it in repashy. Right now the babies are eating only first bites, northfin fry, sera micron and biofilm. I tried veggies but they are not ready yet. No takers. 

Ace this morning waiting on his breakfast. FC2C2A98-D238-4AC9-AC9E-DA87BD771D1D.jpeg.62f2cd304dfefe548c696e66441abceb.jpeg
The snursery has new inhabitants. Least killifish. Not true killifish they are live bearers in the Poeciliidae family related to guppies. Smallest known livebearer and one of the smallest fish. I was given a trio. I started a separate journal since it is a new to me critter. 1897EA7F-849D-4753-A9BF-1BAC729C226D.jpeg.b7f59444edf9541395f23b326557f070.jpeg

HAPPY ADVENTURES…TRY SOMETHING NEW 

• Like 2
  • Love 1