What are your current breeding projects?

BriannesFishFam

Very cool! @RogueAquarium

@Beardedbillygoat1975Very nice! Ricefish are super fun in my opinion, and I love making threads like these to see what everyone has breeding, it gives me new breeding project ideas.

@tolstoy21Sounds like a fun project!

@ColuAwesome! I am trying to spawn 4 different kinds of BN plecos (Choc S/F and L/F and Albino S/F and L/F)

@egruttumNo rules defining what a breeding project is, as long as it's making more of itself

@Ben P.I love discus too, I have very soft and slightly acidic well water so they are growing out nicely in my water, will breed in future. Maybe you have just female mystery snails? I heard they can continuously lay infertile eggs clutches

@lefty oWow very cool! Congratulations on the BN plecos! 

@KylecBest of luck with the apistos

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 10:49 PM, Crabby said:

Apistos are super rewarding to breed. The courtship is very beautiful. Get your miniature live foods ready!

I got baby brine shrimp I’ve been putting in once a day so they know it’s there hopefully they breed soon, they could have already the male is very territorial over their cave. The problem is my center piece is full of caves they use and I can’t see in there so it’s hard to tell

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 9:42 AM, Kylec said:

I got baby brine shrimp I’ve been putting in once a day so they know it’s there hopefully they breed soon, they could have already the male is very territorial over their cave. The problem is my center piece is full of caves they use and I can’t see in there so it’s hard to tell

That’s a great technique. In the past I’ve only noticed I had fry once I saw the fry swimming outside of the cave.

On 7/18/2021 at 6:59 PM, BriannesFishFam said:

I just got some they are a pair, Apistogramma Ortegai the F1 generation from a wild caught pair from Peruvian Amazon, maybe even the ones they Cory caught from Peru. Got them a few days ago and they're still adjusting

Wow they’re wonderful. Never heard of those, but they look stunning! Best of luck!

I have fry or are growing out fry on the following:

Lamprologus Ornatipinnis Kigoma

Neolamprolus Multifaciatus

Lamprologus Birchardi

Julidochromis Transcriptus

Julidochromis Ornatus

Platy

Endlers

Mutt Guppies, Black Lace Guppies, Pink Lace Guppies.

Mollies

Blue Dream Neocardini Shrimp

Red Cherry Neocardini Shrimp

And attempting to breed or growing out to breed the following:

Neolamprologus Caudopunctatus

Neolamprologus Buescheri Kamakonde

3 kinds of Pygmy Sunfish

Rainbow Shiners

Zoogoneticus Tequila

Redtail Splitfin

CPDs

Emerald Dwarf Rasbora

Rhinogobius Formosanus

Swordtails (Cauliflower and Koi)

Cherry Barbs

Odessa Barbs

Angle fish

Bearded Cory

Gold Laser Cory

Black Venezuela Cory

Orange Venezuela Cory

San Juan Cory

Albino Cory

Bristlenose Pleco Common

Bristlenose Pleco Super Red

Bristlenose Pleco Calico

• Like 3
  • Love 1

As of this coming September I will have been keeping fish for two years, so breeding them is still kinda new for me.  I have red, blue, red rilis, and mutt neocaridina shrimp making more all the time, and I just started recently breeding guppies.  I have tubs outside with dumbo mosaics, golds, and mutts.  Oddly enough the dumbo mosaics and golds are doing better than the mutts.  I had dumbo mosaic fry show up in the bag between the store and home, and they're about half grown now.  The gold fry are quite a bit smaller.

By the way, if you put seven female guppies in a tub that's so full of guppy grass they can barely fight their way to the surface to feed you can get a lot of fry.

Saturday I finally found some female tuxedo koi females to go with the males I've had for a while, so I'm hoping to have fry from them soon.

I have also occasionally had turquoise rainbowfish fry appear as if by magic in shrimp tanks.  The best I can figure out the eggs were on or in pearl weed that was moved from one tank to another.  Compared to guppy fry they grow incredibly slow.

• Like 2

Do we have any multi generation fish breeders here? For example I got started when I was really young and my dad used to breed angelfish, so for my first tank instead of getting me goldfish my dad got me convicts so I would have something to breed right away 😂

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 2:42 AM, BriannesFishFam said:

Wow sound like you have a nice selection. How big of a tank do hairy puffers need? They look really cool almost like they were stitched together.

I have my bonded pair of hairy puffer in a 50 gallon currently. I raised my adult 3 in a 40 breeder for 2 years and then in the 50 gallon for 1 year prior to the pair forming.

I think a 20 gallon is possible for a single hairy puffer. They are fairly messy eaters so bigger is definstely better. I am temporarily running the single male in a 20 gallon with 8 tiger barbs for his clean up crew. He has been with the tiger barbs for 6 months now and prefers the easy frozen krill meals vs bothering with the hunting of live fish. Those barbs  are now experienced enough to keep clear of the pointy end and operate as a school effectively.

I started breeding guppies a little over a month ago. No babies yet, but I do have a pregnant female. I'm wondering why they are taking so long to give birth. I thought it could be the angelfish that is growing out in the tank could be the reason. I'm hopping I can move that angelfish soon. 

image.png.3751bf525aa044d863c4b98af1ac31ea.png

• Like 1

Im currently breeding tiger ender guppies, metal lace guppies, red cherry shrimp, blue jade shrimp, dark knight rams, albino kribensis. Starting to breed hellboy bettas and trying to breed koi angels, wild peruvian spotted angels and raising apistogramma panduro and albino bristlenose plecos to breed them in the future.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:16 PM, James Black said:

I started breeding guppies a little over a month ago. No babies yet, but I do have a pregnant female. I'm wondering why they are taking so long to give birth. I thought it could be the angelfish that is growing out in the tank could be the reason. I'm hopping I can move that angelfish soon. 

image.png.3751bf525aa044d863c4b98af1ac31ea.png

it always seems when you want it to happen, it doesnt. dont worry, once they start its like an avalanche and you will be wondering how they can possibly have so many.

• Haha 1