How Many Different Fish Foods Do You Currently Own?

Patrick_G

Oh dear... every day is a community tank buffet...

2x repashy; fluval bottom feeder and tropical bug bites; freeze dried brine shrimp/tubifex worms/blood worms; hikari sinking wafers, algae wafers, crab cuisine, fancy guppy, betta bio-gold; co-op easy fry food; frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp. 

we no longer own mayonnaise. No room on the fridge door.

15 kinds not including the captured fruit flies I throw in my betta tank or blanched veggie medley (fresh from the yard when seasonally available 😂). ...also the occasional fry snack. Nature is brutal, but the danios have colored up beautifully. I’ve watched my micro creatures and baby snails turn a melting crypt leaf into a smorgasbord also.

• Haha 2

WOW...after reading all of this ...I feel so inadequate.   I have to confess, I currently only have 4 foods...

1 REPASHY Super Green

2 Xtreme Krill Flakes

3 Xtreme Nano

4 Easy Fry and Small Fish Food 

But in my defense as if there is one.....I dont even have any fish yet.....AS IF THAT MATTERS!!!🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Hmmm...

The ones I feed most often are:

1. Xtreme Krill
  2. Xtreme Spirulina
  3. Xtreme Betta Bites
  4. ACO Easy Fry
  5. Hikari Betta Bio-Gold

I also have:

1. Repashy Community Plus
  2. Xtreme Bottom Wafers (these never get eaten fully)
  3. Hikari Algae Wafers (these are well loved but fall apart quickly!)
  4. Hikari Freeze Dried Blood Worms (Spritz loves these!  But, I only have them at school.)

And, I just ordered:

1. Xtreme Shrimpee Sticks (can't wait!!)
  2. Xtreme Nano (I don't think I really needed this one...ha!)

It's way too easy to shop for fish food...haha!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll take a plunge:

hikari first bites

easy fry 

hikari sinking wafers

nano banquet blocks

omega 1 shrimp sticks

xtreme community flake

xtreme nano

repashy community 

Love bbs

frozen blood worms 

not including the green beans and cucumber I put in occasionally  

betta bio gold

11 total. I want to get 2 more repashy for my leopard frogs too. 

Edited by Stealth Aquatics
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who have tried a ton of foods....which are the best meaty foods that float for longest?

I just got Hemirhamphodons (little halfbeaks) and I need food that floats for a long time.  They will only eat from the surface.  I had a sample of Hikari Fancy Guppy and they ate that up...I think I also have a sample of Hikari Micro Pellets that I'll try.  I want to get their Vibra Bites but not sure if they will float.  I'd love to know others' experiences with floating pellets so I can round out my next Co-op order!

Thank you!

On 6/25/2021 at 4:43 PM, Jess said:

For those of you who have tried a ton of foods....which are the best meaty foods that float for longest?

I just got Hemirhamphodons (little halfbeaks) and I need food that floats for a long time.  They will only eat from the surface.  I had a sample of Hikari Fancy Guppy and they ate that up...I think I also have a sample of Hikari Micro Pellets that I'll try.  I want to get their Vibra Bites but not sure if they will float.  I'd love to know others' experiences with floating pellets so I can round out my next Co-op order!

Thank you!

Vibra bites sink very quickly  halfbeaks like plenty of live and frozen foods in there diet I would get I good quality flake food like extreme krill flakes and hikari freeze dried brine shrimp or blood they float  for a long time

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

I feed mine:

Hikari Shrimp Cuisine

Hikari Crab Cuisine

Hikari Sinking Wafers

Hikari Sinking Cichlid Gold

Hikari Algae Wafers

Hikari First Bites

Cobalt Extra Premium Betta

Hikari Frozen Bloodworms

SFB Freshwater Frenzy

Dried Nori

Live copepods, amphipods, snails, bloodworms, mosquito larvae, the occasional bug that falls in the tank, blanched veggies.

My finger has been considered, but quickly rejected.🙄

• Haha 2

On 6/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, Colu said:

Vibra bites sink very quickly  halfbeaks like plenty of live and frozen foods in there diet I would get I good quality flake food like extreme krill flakes and hikari freeze dried brine shrimp or blood they float  for a long time

oohh thanks for these suggestions!  Yep, I foolishly thought I could just feed them live baby brine shrimp...those also sink. 🤣  Frozen bloodworms also sink, annoyingly...although I might try separating out some of the frozen worms and see if they'll float without as much "weight" as a whole cube has.  I have Hikari freeze-dried Tubifex worms so I might also give those a try, in addition to getting one or two of your suggestions!

• Like 1

Not as many as most of you!

For the “finned ones”…

1. Fluval Bug Bites Color Enhancing Flake
  2. Fluval Bug Bites Spirulina Flake
  3. Frozen Brine Shrimp
  4. Frozen Blood Worms
  5. Fluval Multi Protein Formula Cichlid Pellets

The fish get fed one or the other of the flake foods (or the pellets for the African Cichlids) in the AM, then one or the other of the frozen foods in the PM.  They get fed everyday.

The inverts (snails, shrimp) get a usual diet of assorted tank detritus/algae, with a Sunday treat of some boiled zucchini or Hikari Shrimp Pellets or algae wafers.

The same applies across the board to all tanks, which are currently 6 in number (with 2 more under development).

Edited by tonyjuliano

On 6/25/2021 at 9:41 PM, FishyJames said:

Tetra flake

Hikari sinking wafers 

Sera o'nip tabs

Of all the different foods I own I think my fish like these three the best. Tetra flake is the only thing that’ll get my Kuhli Loach to come out in daylight.