On 12/17/2022 at 10:46 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Thanks! She has developed a taste for tennis balls….it’s very nice to see a street puppy being rehabilitated to a proper life!

Super adorable pup!  Very nice group you have there and hopefully they are doing well with the new pup.

If you find the secret to get the dogs to fetch and no chew all the fuzz off the ball, I would greatly appreciate it.  The pups love to run and love to get the ball, but haven't figured out the "give" part of it yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/17/2022 at 4:25 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

but haven't figured out the "give" part of it yet.

What we did is gently tap or rub their nose and when they released it, we immediately threw it again and they began to realize giving it means they get it right back. 

On 12/18/2022 at 3:45 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

This needs a huge trim: 85DA6821-C2BE-4B7E-A49A-A3829072FD8E.jpeg.e0a49b622385711a855869f5e9c33388.jpeg

While doing that I might setup the emperor tetras for spawning.

😁

If you crop the photo even just a tiny bit, it should not post upside down.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:19 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

My mums cracked a couple of ribs when falling down steps with ice on….ouch

Mine broke her leg. She had the dog on a leash, was checking the mailbox, the dog pulled, and down she went. Lay there until the neighbor spotted her. (When we lived up north)

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Sad 2

On 12/21/2022 at 8:56 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I really should post more fish stuff (apologies!) but Voltaires Candide ou l’Optimisme is giving me grief. Coming to schools near you @Aiden Carter, be careful! 

For now it’s going to be a little pic of Pippa, who has turned out to be quite a nice dog 🐶!

B6628AAA-9472-4CEA-87C1-9F11B2531583.jpeg

Lol we don’t have to read much old literature in English we are currently reading “patron saints of nothing” we read the crucible and people were having a hard time with that!

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 11:04 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Very cool. What's the plan for your new filters?

Yet to be seen. Just checking to f my shotcrete airstone fits inside of the sponge filter.

Might also need an air pump 😬!

Priority is this tank: image.jpg.27e5515c5d02153118ed669b82053c4f.jpg

Which is an utter eyesore and disappointment. It’s probably get the larger of the 2, and some decos I got for Xmas. The end goal is a Apisto breeding tank, or GBRs.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:48 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Yes, and the hat comes in very useful on the street to signal that I’m suffering from MTS and Murphyitis. 

Murphyitis, that’s great! Murphy is the best😍😍

On 1/2/2023 at 9:58 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I have finally set up the Cory breeding box with todays leftover water change water…fish shall be added tomorrow. Temperature is at about 21 Celsius.

D2A7BD7C-9959-4ABE-B493-CD888D04D4E2.jpeg

20AC1F55-464A-4508-B717-879B7DA83FED.jpeg

Any eggs in it? Personally I prefer the idea of a breeder box because it is in the tank and it utilizes the filtration 

On 1/2/2023 at 4:02 PM, Aiden Carter said:

Murphyitis, that’s great! Murphy is the best😍😍

Any eggs in it? Personally I prefer the idea of a breeder box because it is in the tank and it utilizes the filtration 

No eggs, I’m adding the parents because I suspect that the temperature in the main tank reduces egg fertility in some way. If you have a look on page 1–3 of this journal, I expect you will see my last attempt.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 6:58 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I have finally set up the Cory breeding box with todays leftover water change water…fish shall be added tomorrow. Temperature is at about 21 Celsius.

I'm working on putting together a video that might be interesting for your project 🙂 .  I stared at the corydoras for a solid ~30-45 minutes this morning just watching them wake up.  Do you happen to have any moss handy?

Edited by nabokovfan87
forgot half a sentence, must. get. coffee.