Hi all!

A couple of fellow Nerms have been asking ' Since you keep on talking about your fish breeding why not do a journal?'. I have and this is it! I've called my journal @TheSwissAquarist Journal 2.0 because I'm super bad at doing journals, but this time I might as well give it a shot, but don't be surprised if journal number 3 turns up!

The fish: I've bred a decent amount of fish (not for me to say!) and in the last year it has been my main fixation: keep 'em, breed 'em, and have fun! I've spawned angels, BN plecos, bettas, and currently working on some other stuff (I'm writing this off the top of my head 😜). For starters I'll just post a nice pic and update it 'à fur et à mesure' (French for as it goes on!). Need to find a good one...Pseudomugil.jpg.a9c03de8494632ec0d05caadee25fc18.jpg

This is a pic of my Pseudomugil Luminatus. Fun fish to keep, and I'm very pleased with catching them like this! I fed them with some BBS, small water change and a day later they spawned! Pic from ≈ 4 months ago.

I understand that some of my claims of breeding fish have been met with (understandable!) scepticism, and I shall try my best to find any pics of fry I have taken and keep this journal up dated with my current projects. 

Have a nice day!

BNPleco Babe1.JPG

BN Pleco male.JPG

Cory3.JPG

BettaFry1.jpg

BettaUnderNest.jpg

ApistoEggs.JPG

• Like 8

On 11/14/2022 at 5:28 PM, Guppysnail said:

Thanks. I would love to see a full tank shot of the Psuedomugil. One of my someday fish is Psuedomugil gertrudae. It would help me get a feel for how to set their tank up. 

If I'm going to be honest they were what I replaced my bettas with...in here (looking for other pics but I'm supposed to put my dads hens away!)

BettaTank.jpg

• Love 1

I think it would be really cool also if you could share some of the projects going on at your LFS that you work at. In that situation you get to see so many different fish all the time that we don’t get to see you I’d love to hear about those if you care to share.  I really like cool different fish that I’ll never have the chance to get to keep even if they are at an LFS

edit to add 

Most other countries LFS are so much more expensive than the states I really do hope you share some of that wonderfulness

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 11:47 AM, Guppysnail said:

I think it would be really cool also if you could share some of the projects going on at your LFS that you work at. In that situation you get to see so many different fish all the time that we don’t get to see you I’d love to hear about those if you care to share.  I really like cool different fish that I’ll never have the chance to get to keep even if they are at an LFS

edit to add 

Most other countries LFS are so much more expensive than the states I really do hope you share some of that wonderfulness

Yes from the bits and pieces I have seen in other countries they do an excellent job at how it should be done. If it's allowed of course.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, Guppysnail said:

edit to add 

My next shift is on Saturday, but I'll try and pop in for a snoop during the week. I've always thought that American LFS are expensive, ha! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2022 at 12:05 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

My next shift is on Saturday, but I'll try and pop in for a snoop during the week. I've always thought that American LFS are expensive, ha! 😁

Thanks we have been waiting to see overseas Swiss fish awesomeness Darn autocorrect it should have said EXPANSIVE not expensive 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Haha 2

On 11/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, Guppysnail said:

Thanks we have been waiting to see oversees Swiss fish awesomeness Darn autocorrect it should have said EXPANSIVE not expensive 🤣🤣🤣

An the amount of different products you see in other pet stores than our own in the states is totally different. You guys have so many more options I feel like 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 12:17 PM, Guppysnail said:

It’s quite sad for the most part. Most places don’t even keep a plant with the fish. Carry only a few foods like tetra and aqueon. Very sad. A few have better but most don’t 

Yes if we really want to get what we want we have to order it online somewhere. I know a business is to make money. But it seems like in other places yes it's about money but they take care of the fish and such in a much better way 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 6:29 PM, TeeJay said:

Yes if we really want to get what we want we have to order it online somewhere. I know a business is to make money. But it seems like in other places yes it's about money but they take care of the fish and such in a much better way 

I like how ACO combines the money making with the care standard and by developing useable products!

I present my 8 gal mix & match with BNP juveniles (2-3 cm) , white clouds for a friend (it’s his Birthday on the 20th!) and endlers. Maybe with the odd Assasin snail & shrimp hiding around. My head is very sore today after the music teacher gave us a rendition of Bob Marleys ‘No, Woman, No Cry’. Coming from a 50 something year old Swiss guy. Ouch. 🤕 

F07E3F91-F7F6-499E-B800-B1D52425B673.jpeg

02B0F8DC-1A07-4B43-A244-0077144A76C7.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 7:08 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I present my 8 gal mix & match with BNP juveniles (2-3 cm) , white clouds for a friend (it’s his Birthday on the 20th!) and endlers. Maybe with the odd Assasin snail & shrimp hiding around. My head is very sore today after the music teacher gave us a rendition of Bob Marleys ‘No, Woman, No Cry’. Coming from a 50 something year old Swiss guy. Ouch. 🤕 

F07E3F91-F7F6-499E-B800-B1D52425B673.jpeg

02B0F8DC-1A07-4B43-A244-0077144A76C7.jpeg

Ooo endlers! Gotta love endlers!

• Like 1

Saw my old betta/rainbow fish tank in my garage and just thought : ‘Hi old friend! Wanna have one last spin?’ Took it up to my bedroom and currently searching for a filter/heater. I could use it as a grow out, but I really want to try my hand at annual killifish… any other ideas?? F33A410C-CFCB-4A42-B2CB-01289D535F52.jpeg.6040930eba917a17ed55ef41dcefcaeb.jpeg

Also popped into my friends house yesterday evening (history presentation 🤕) and saw he’s got a brand new aquarium with a betta! Gave him some old decorations and I’ll gift him some plant cuttings today.C5B00E5E-3578-41C0-91DB-F4B181D5A120.jpeg.4550f965ac5f20ac9159e2665367a841.jpeg

@TeeJay has your daughter got any idea on what to name him 😜?

• Like 3

On 11/16/2022 at 1:18 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Saw my old betta/rainbow fish tank in my garage and just thought : ‘Hi old friend! Wanna have one last spin?’ Took it up to my bedroom and currently searching for a filter/heater. I could use it as a grow out, but I really want to try my hand at annual killifish… any other ideas?? F33A410C-CFCB-4A42-B2CB-01289D535F52.jpeg.6040930eba917a17ed55ef41dcefcaeb.jpeg

Also popped into my friends house yesterday evening (history presentation 🤕) and saw he’s got a brand new aquarium with a betta! Gave him some old decorations and I’ll gift him some plant cuttings today.C5B00E5E-3578-41C0-91DB-F4B181D5A120.jpeg.4550f965ac5f20ac9159e2665367a841.jpeg

@TeeJay has your daughter got any idea on what to name him 😜?

She is feeling a little under the weather today. I'll check with her when I get home from work this evening.

• Sad 1