On 12/3/2021 at 7:17 PM, Guppysnail said:

Tylenol and fish meditation should work 😁

Definitely read this as “Tylenol and fish medication” 🤣 I was like, “Don’t say that in front of @Beardedbillygoat1975!!” 🤣

Very sorry to hear about your wedding rings though. I’m sure it was the right call but it’s still a real bummer. I know you can combine old rings into a new ring if you find a skilled jeweler. That’s what my mom did with her parents’ wedding rings when they passed away. ❤️ 

Fish are looking great! I’m sure they appreciate you protecting their circadian rhythms!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When I was getting married, I wanted a ring with cool, technical materials that had a connection to sailing, so I asked for titanium and carbon fiber. The jeweler convinced me to do tungsten carbide and carbon fiber, so that the ring could be shattered with a hammer if I ever had a finger injury. Even then, I would still take it off for sailing and soccer.

• Like 3

They cut mine off at the hospital. It got caught in the metal cage of a lift I was on the ground and they started to go up before I moved a away. I should have moved faster. It when up about 8-10 feet and they realized I was screaming. As it went up the finger and hand turned and the ring stayed the same direction cutting let’s say very deep. I have never worn a ring on my finger again. I worn it on a gold necklace. The did some amazing thing with a friends rings at the custom jelewler they looked almost the same by with a few changes she wanted so it didn’t get caught on things

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/5/2021 at 4:53 PM, Brandon p said:

They cut mine off at the hospital. It got caught in the metal cage of a lift I was on the ground and they started to go up before I moved a away. I should have moved faster. It when up about 8-10 feet and they realized I was screaming. As it went up the finger and hand turned and the ring stayed the same direction cutting let’s say very deep. I have never worn a ring on my finger again. I worn it on a gold necklace. The did some amazing thing with a friends rings at the custom jelewler they looked almost the same by with a few changes she wanted so it didn’t get caught on things

That is terrible. I hope you are ok 

@Patrick_G, I think there are multiple types of strength for materials, and I’m not an expert. Titanium is valued for sailboat fittings such as blocks and shackles because it is lightweight, and will deform before breaking.

Paging an engineer: @TheDukeAnumber1

My divorce ended my ring risk a few years back. I still need to sell her ring and mine.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:09 PM, Streetwise said:

@Patrick_G, I think there are multiple types of strength for materials, and I’m not an expert. Titanium is valued for sailboat fittings such as blocks and shackles because it is lightweight, and will deform before breaking.

Paging an engineer: @TheDukeAnumber1

Yes, it’s strong stuff. I’ve been warned by several friends who wear a silicone ring when working or doing active sports. 

• Like 1

@Guppysnail I’m fine it was 15 years ago. They hospital cut the ring off and fixed everything they need to in about an hour surgery and was home in about 6 Hours. Thank you.

@Patrick_Gmine was gold and the biggest issue was it was 24ct gold ring and the ring deformed it sort of like if you put the bottom of the ring in a vice and twisted the ring so it closed the hole and at the same the ring cut into both sides on the finger and caused some damage of the ligaments in the finger. Part of the the issue was I worn a ring that was bigger that normal to fit over the knuckle due to the finger had been being crushed. They said they have never seen anything like it due to the other issues with my knuckle. 

• Sad 2

On 12/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, Hobbit said:

Definitely read this as “Tylenol and fish medication”

That’s funny. My tablet actually auto corrected to medication while I was typing I had to retype 🤣

On 12/6/2021 at 3:10 PM, Patrick_G said:

Now I’m thinking I should have it cut so it’ll release in the even of a power tool incident! 

After this injury from just lifting buckets I would worry about anything that can’t be cut easily. 
@Brandon p I’m glad you are ok. 

On 12/6/2021 at 3:52 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

@Guppysnailand @Hobbita little acetaminophen won't hurt you! In all seriousness I hope you are on the mend @Guppysnail

A little Tylenol is about I ever take. I hate taking any meds. Too many surgeries that really needed the big guns so I needed them to be really effective when I had to take them so to take more than acetaminophen for anything less always seemed counter productive. Even through my wrist reconstruction I chose nerve blocks over pain meds. Im healing well. Just keeping the hand elevated. 

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

@Streetwise ty for the page lol.

@Patrick_G

There are some scary strong titianium and steel alloys out there that you wouldn't want on your finger, but I don't believe any of them are used to make rings.

I normally don't wear my ring for normal day to day activities for my worry of losing it or scratching things with it. But I do enjoy wearing it when we or I go out.

https://kinektdesign.com/products/gear-ring?variant=24691363250240  She got me this one, and I'm very happy with it.

Edited by TheDukeAnumber1
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2021 at 3:01 PM, Streetwise said:

When I was getting married, I wanted a ring with cool, technical materials that had a connection to sailing, so I asked for titanium and carbon fiber. The jeweler convinced me to do tungsten carbide and carbon fiber, so that the ring could be shattered with a hammer if I ever had a finger injury. Even then, I would still take it off for sailing and soccer.

My jeweler warned me the same, but doing my own research I couldn't find any examples of actual injuries where medical personnel couldn't get a titanium ring off with their normal tools. Regardless of material any ring goes in my pocket before my hand touches woodworking tools or enters an engine bay. Never would have thought of carrying buckets though 😱

Edited by drewzero1
  • Like 2

Holding the phone /tablet and typing is awkward but wanted to share. This is crazy. I just posted that video on the fish room and plants. The ludwiga was touching the surface. Today it is flowing across. I got more when i took the guppies monday. Ill post more on that tomorrow and the guy said these only grow with co2. He didn’t know what to say when i showed  him pictures 🤣

2AB42814-332A-481A-BA0D-10273611231C.jpeg

E6EAC67B-9DB1-4AE8-9D67-922E0835FF17.jpeg

4CF23AD8-F849-4684-92B2-7D900A8487B6.jpeg

81D0C302-6919-4FD0-BC8B-9C2923AABC59.jpeg

374065BD-CA4E-4293-AAA5-81A9516B2DF7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I have made a decision on what I’m doing with the pleco grow out 20L. I want just a panda Cory community. So I’m going to move my pandas from the 29 guppy community to the 20L. I hope they breed so I can put some back. I know they have bred. I fear my water is too hard. The two eggs both on separate occasions 1 I used Meth blue in a specimen container the other I just used the ziss breeder. Both were fertile neither grew fungus but neither one hatched. Do the eggs possibly calcify to the point the fry cannot emerge?  Even if not I really want just a panda tank. They are super active and swim with the guppies and the guppies follow and swim with them but the hopes of eggs not getting eaten before I get to them. Im nervous about downsizing the tank since they use every inch of the 29. Does anyone think this is going to be a problem?

Here is what I need help with. They don’t mind light but are more active mid to low lighting. The light on that tank does not dim. Im going to move the 4 terra cotta pots and gravel over with them so I can be bare bottom in the 29. It’s deep and harder for me to clean gravel. Im also moving the center piece of spiderwood over along with the two Asian water fern sand all the anubias. I bought a bunch more planter cups for the 29 and im going to buy taller terra cotta pots so I can plant stems. My lights are just hygger I got on Amazon not the high tech hygger ones so are not strong enough to grow anything but anubias and Java at the bottom. 
here are the plants I got Monday. More ludwiga 2 types a cardinal and I wanted to give rotala a try since I think @Minanora (I’ll scroll back and check) said these grow in their tank like the ludwiga grows in mine. FA83BE3C-004B-4C9B-B014-2D09A4B9D3AB.jpeg.7505b3d62df10aa8c84bce3d0525f076.jpegFAC21BDB-3922-4D09-A250-430FC97D1497.jpeg.f932d73292edc857c9c2bc0a88f50b1a.jpegFCC343B3-702B-44DE-A7CD-33F5B47CEE48.jpeg.ef1ed2e02051361a607ca2cc3ef5c989.jpegEA66BC1E-E166-4A9E-954E-62BC38943334.jpeg.5c869451dca85903456adc20e27b29e2.jpeg

I felt comfortable enough with the Pygmy in their new tank I added another piece of wood and more low light plants. I kind of set it up backwards on purpose leaving most of the open area in the back of the tank. When I’m really busy in the room doing water changes making big movements they skitter to the back. So I wanted them to feel safe and still be able to play and eat while I work. 7B387394-C05E-4E30-8F51-53259A509FC1.jpeg.96d63585b2bebdc83b503f2cdb79579c.jpeg

Very sad pleco baby day. I had to euthanize one little girl. I should have taken pictures but did not think of it. For 4 days she has been getting rounder in the belly. Being only a bit more than a month old I knew she was not carrying eggs. She had food in her belly and was expelling waste but today she looked like she ate a marble. It was not dropsy or anything like that. When mom gets a big egg belly you can see her white sides where the eggs are. This little one had the same only to an extreme odd shape. I’m assuming it was some form of infection or birth defect in her development of the egg sacs. She was at that point today I made the choice. I felt it healthier for the tank of fry to not allow her to deteriorate and possible wide spread bacteria. Quarantine and treatment at this young …if she is already struggling I would not feel good about adopting her to anyonE and would not feel comfortable  adding her to one of my community tanks. 😢. Here is a pic of mom so you can see the white egg belly I was talking about. FCA73440-AF36-451A-8864-4951C4359E7D.jpeg.ef1fe3cfeed29b1a585e7b9c58c0543d.jpegB6373EAB-F9F2-4323-A9C8-CE8E5D4D5526.jpeg.b0f4ac52ce1d4dc71cc44039157c374f.jpeg

I kept two of the larger light purple with black polka dots. I wanted the two that had no stripe. When I was netting them (those new coop nets rock!) they colored down so I ended up with the two that had stripes. Go figure6069D5D1-39CF-452B-8774-E0D3529AC5A0.jpeg.a86e04ac6451e5442650adfd2029eb86.jpeg

im not certain I’m going to be able to keep them though  I was going to move the two stunted growth boys Mike and Ike to the 20 L along with the one that has no top lip (can’t think of a name any suggestions?) C79D0EA8-1089-47C8-ABCB-13E291FF446C.jpeg.7de1d1ecc71ea5b1c24cc014f935f1d0.jpeg

Anyway they eat well but I feel it may be a bit harder on them in the bigger tank with other all adult boys so that’s why i nixed the idea and am doing the pandas  

Hand is about the same. Looks even more like my cat walked across the keyboard while I was typing than normal 🤣

HAPPY ADVENTURES 

82C2E4FF-526D-4837-BB76-9DE47334652A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 3

@Guppysnailthat panda Cory community is going to be great. I’d add a bunch of Indian almond leaves to the tank along with the wood that should soften things up and the humic acid will make them happy. Even if the pH is up above “optimal” they’ll breed for you I’m sure of it. From what I’ve seen your yields would be much greater pulling the eggs then letting Mother Nature do it’s thing. You could always pull the first half dozen or so clutches and then Let Mother Nature take over. 

• Love 1

Thanks I just added more almond leaves to the Pygmy tank. I don’t know why I didn’t think to add them to the egg boxes. 🤦‍♀️  Do you think the 20 long will be to short for them?

On 12/8/2021 at 10:08 PM, Beardedbillygoat1975 said:

@Guppysnailthat panda Cory community is going to be great. I’d add a bunch of Indian almond leaves to the tank along with the wood that should soften things up and the humic acid will make them happy. Even if the pH is up above “optimal” they’ll breed for you I’m sure of it. From what I’ve seen your yields would be much greater pulling the eggs then letting Mother Nature do it’s thing. You could always pull the first half dozen or so clutches and then Let Mother Nature take over. 

On 12/9/2021 at 6:17 AM, Atitagain said:

Everything looks so good. Hoping your pandas do well in the 20G. That is such a great idea to pull everything forward to give them hides in the back. I’m sure that will bring their overall stress level down.

They overall are not stressed. Only when I’m making a commotion. It’s funny though the 4 from the first group that grew up in the guppy fry tank are not bothered and come straight to the front to be nosey and swim with the CPD. The other two groups get skittish and then the first ones drop to the gravel to watch. 🤷‍♀️  Some days I feel like I’m trying to be a fish psychiatrist 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Love 2

I’ve come to the conclusion zip ties and suction cups are the answer to all questions 🤣. I wanted almond leaves and tannins in mom n dads tank but not the litter on the floor that in a bare bottom collects tons of debris. I made three flower shapes out of the leaves and ran a zip tie through them and a suction cup. Looks cute from the inside of the tank. Awkward from the side though. 45D65558-95DE-4961-87E9-EC3B194665F3.jpeg.17d6c308c22c3c5faaba1a850e89814b.jpeg3A681D5D-07BA-4C64-B830-606A1009BFEF.jpeg.cfc6996d371de531313c1710407b13b7.jpeg86869341-2877-4857-BB3D-E3C686D2AB7C.jpeg.a916090de2138fa09a316fa6ef8d0b50.jpegBAE63EBD-DA4A-42CF-A7EF-EE51EBD3820C.jpeg.0b0cbdae91cbf7e7147ba99915b84754.jpeg

I added more leaves to the back wall of the Pygmy tank. With those and the extra piece of mopani it is starting to darken nicely. I already had tank lights off so not a great picture. 812AD088-76AC-4182-BE50-CDE305BCE5B8.jpeg.b510247eb4e23c6e5a2c51e26b07daa0.jpeg
I keep going back and forth on this tank. I have no window washers and only a few shrimp. I keep wanting to keep a pleco baby for the tank. I put a food dish in the tank then took it out. There are 22 Pygmy and 12-16 CPD (can’t remember how many I put in and they are so fast I can’t count 🤣) if I put one in when it’s an adult I’ll struggle to keep tannins due to the increase in load and required maintenance, it would be nice to have one low maintenance tank. But I want to keep all the cute little bugs 🤣🤣🤣 I’m having the same exact self debate over the new panda tank setup.  I’m considering putting lefty in there and not having one in the guppy sorority grow out as that already has a huge bioload then to add a BN pleco when it’s grown. But then I’m afraid the eggs will get eaten….AAHHH. I’m never this indecisive why must they have such big adorable eyes 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I got gravel today while I was out for the new panda tank. Let me say that another way. Last night I ordered gravel, went to the store today to pick up plants and crickets and realized I got huge rock gravel when I seen it there so bought a different one 🤣. It’s close to the other light one but I’m not going to mix the black with this one. I want the panda markings to stand out. I’m just not sure if they will be as confident because they won’t be as camouflaged. If they are not I’ll throw in some black later. I’m going to keep the gravel in the 29 instead of removing. I was watching and my shrimp feel safe and the shrimplettes can hide from the voracious guppies in it. 

original ordered boulders38831E04-BB86-46F9-A03A-A8F4399F3D0C.jpeg.7efb1e11b90c025f76888c585d97a107.jpeg

todays purchase2AC4A825-C533-42B9-B529-05141A1DEB7B.jpeg.21a5cb4b48444cb473d57cb48373f00d.jpeg

i picked up an extra lucky bamboo for the Pygmy tank. They had surrendered adoption fish in with the plant so QT is a glass on the windowsill with easy green for two weeks. But man @Atitagain makes it hard to not do a wet plant setup out of it 😍331A012E-7BA8-4BDF-A16D-123E2643B3E2.jpeg.83507d4c343f83f29ec213997049e420.jpeg

I also got a larger piece of spiderwood for the 29 so I could put the panda playground one in their tank. It’s designed to lay flat. I had a piece of slate I was going to screw it into to stand tall. Unfortunately there is a crack through the base. Even attempting to put screws in it looks like it will break apart. EE5FC8D9-63A9-4922-A246-5F1BA9922CE7.jpeg.cb50bfb6ba96efbbe3ef7b611c89a7c3.jpeg
so I pulled out my handy dandy zip ties 🤣 unfortunately neither the slat or the wood were level. By the time I had it secure it looked like I knitted a cozy for it 🤣 I was frustrated and didn’t take pictures. So I used my silicone glue I glue handles to glass lids with since it’s waterproof. It will be a week-2weeks before it hits water and it sets up safe in 24 hours. Now to see if I got enough ridges filled to make it stay together. EC2153B4-249C-4B01-A782-492A28A36B89.jpeg.bfa1a09eced2ed9097de9daddf9e484e.jpeg7B013A45-D303-4668-A2F3-48A9EE23BE7A.jpeg.249cdb88593816ee86a1e32d945c73d8.jpeg
babies are getting big! I sent they buyer a message I’m hoping for Saturday the 18th pickup. They are getting big fast and I worry waiting until January I will struggle with water quality. I’m already at 50% wc daily to keep nitrates below 40 (my tap has 20 😡). 

HAPPY ADVENTURES…TRY SOMETHING NEW

3BA3FF28-9097-43AC-B105-F39FBADD1000.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 2

😂😂 I almost used my lucky bamboo for a wet house plant but at last minute changed my mind. I need it in my Oscar tank to absorb nitrates. The spider wood is a good looking piece, nice find.

silicone adhesive added to Amazon want list TYVM. Love the line up of the BNs they certainly are growing fast!