Fish in the News!

pedrofisk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/10/2021 at 4:43 PM, Wingman12r said:

How can the species be added to the cares program so hobbyist can preserve it for the future?

I think we'd have to get it first.  Turkey has loads of fish than need help, and not the political will do do much about it.*  There are many fish that deserve help like that.  Too many sadly.

*I know there are people working in-country to help conserve the wonderful wildlife in Anatolia.  I'm only making a comment about the situation at a macro-level.  I would never disparage the people there who are working hard to conserve species and habitats, especially in the face of apathy. 

On 12/10/2021 at 5:40 PM, Dancing Matt said:

This was up a while ago but I don't think there has been much activity lately. Some cool articles though if you are looking for more.

That was totally, the thread I was looking for in the "search" function!  Well done!

@Streetwise can you merge and delete as appropriate?  I'll edit the first post as to not make the thread weird.  Sorry I failed at searching!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Eww! I don’t want my water to taste like vinegar, pardon me while I go back to my grey water!

Interesting findings though I’d like to see more experiments involving different cultures. I have long stated that chlorine is an extremely out dated way of killing microbes and we should go back to the basics (plants, fungus, and bacteria). The United States has a long standing attraction towards using chemicals with no fear of repercussions.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

"Meet the fantastically colorful and astonishingly adaptable sea slugs that found a way to photosynthesize (or create energy from sunlight) like plants. Diving deep into these often overlooked creatures, invertebrate zoologist Michael Middlebrooks introduces the solar-powered slugs that lost their shells -- but gained the ability to directly harness the power of the sun."

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...