Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

Cory

Hello! Brandon from the lovely heart of the US - OHIO! Love the brand and what co-op brings to the community all around. I have been a aquarium nerd for as long as I can recall. I currently love setting up and running eco-system aquariums. Long running minimal external if any filtrations. Plants and fish taking care of each other with minor assistance from myself. I have 3 tanks at this time. A 125g glass that has been running for several years hosting cardinal tetra's, Black Skirted tetras, 2 longfin plecos and gigantic community of snails. 

75g is next with a massive guppy population of which I constantly give away. 2 Angels and 6 corydora's.  

Both tanks feature water sprite plants as the feature plant and some java moss for accents to the rocks and or wood. 

I am looking to convert the 125g into a more variety of plants and a nice betta sorority.  

Hello from Canada! 
I currently have a planted 20 gallon with a betta, just resealed a 55 g and am working on the hardscape, and have a half moon 10g ready to go next.  I’ve had great luck finding support and advice on the FB form so I hope that continues here! 
Thanks aquarium fam ❤️

HELLO FRIENDS,

I'M UNSURE HOW TO USE THIS SITE, BUT NEED SOME HELP.  I AM HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING MY WATER GOOD FOR MY FISH. I BOUGHT PH TESTERS, BECAUSE I CAN'T SEEM TO TELL THE COLORS ON THE TEST STRIPS, AND THEY HAVE ALL FAILED. THE LAST ONE I BOUGHT I RETURNED. I HAVE A 40, 50, 30, 20 AND 15 GALLON TANKS. REALLY LIKE RAISING THE LIVEBERARERS. MY 30 GALLON IS ALL TETRAS, CATFISH, AND IT SEEMS TO DO THE BEST.  I CHANGE WATER, BUT MAYBE NOT REGULARLY ENOUGH. IS THERE A SYSTEM OR METER THAT WOULD HELP ME DETERMINE PH CORRECTLY?

I'D APPRECIATE ANY HELP OFFERED.

THANKS,

JOE J.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:37 PM, Cory said:

Here is a short video I made about the C.A.R.E forum. It's not all encompassing but is a good guiding principle for this forum. 

HI Cory, greetings from South Africa. Newbie here. Started with Goldfish 11 months ago. Started with a 32Ltr, upgraded to a 65Ltr and hubby just bought me a 300Ltr. I have 1 Black Moore and 1 Fancy. I'm so excited but nervous about the transition to the new tank. I don't want to mess this up! I came across your YouTube channel when I started off, and I could tell straight away that 'this guy knows what he's talking about'! I have learned so much from you, thank you. We are not spoiled for choice or good quality products in South Africa.... Americans are spoiled...! I'm so jealous. And with the dollar - Rand exchange rate and shipping fee's, let's just say I don't have enough kidneys to sell to afford buying from Amazon. 😅 I managed to afford moss balls and good quality food I ordered from Amazon.  So worth it! Good luck with the move 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone, I'm Amy and I live in the twin cities, Minnesota. So excited to be here and to be free from the aggressive social media groups! I'm new to the hobby but am absolutely loving it! I have two 5 gallon tanks, one for my betta (please forgive me for the SpongeBob decor, it's my 3 yr old's tank) and one for my pea puffer and a 29 gallon for my guppies. I'm so grateful to be here! 

20200927_212738.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-231641_Gallery.jpg

20201106_234333.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-231819_Gallery.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, AmyLea said:

Hello everyone, I'm Amy and I live in the twin cities, Minnesota. So excited to be here and to be free from the aggressive social media groups! I'm new to the hobby but am absolutely loving it! I have two 5 gallon tanks, one for my betta (please forgive me for the SpongeBob decor, it's my 3 yr old's tank) and one for my pea puffer and a 29 gallon for my guppies. I'm so grateful to be here! 

20200927_212738.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-231641_Gallery.jpg

20201106_234333.jpg

Screenshot_20201106-231819_Gallery.jpg

Hey 👋🏾👋🏾 welcome to the forum

• Like 1

Hello! My name is Edwin from Philadelphia. I’m kinda new to the hobby (my dad had aquariums when I was a kid). I recently upgraded from a 10 gallon to a 55 gallon aquarium. Looking forward to spending somE time in here for advice. Thank you guys!

E6B9101D-3C15-4108-9295-7C7DDBDA83F8.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi Cory!

I have had fish when I was younger, but to be honest I'm new to the hobby.  I've had a betta in a critter box, 2 red tail sharks in a 10 gallon, and fish from our lake in a 75 gallon.  My dad put all that together for me but one day the hobby just ended for him.  

I have moved to Washington now and have been here just over a year.  I got a betta in August in an 8 gallon, and I had one in a 10 gallon in my classroom.  

As a teacher I wanted to do something cool for my students.  I gave away the class fish and got a few of my friends into fish keeping by giving my  2, 10 gallons to them.  

I still have my 8 gallon and my buddy Dart in there, and I also indulged myself.  I bought a 40 gallon breeder for my bedroom but now it's in my 4th grade classroom.  

All my fish are from you (minus 3 because I bought them before I found out you were in Edmonds) and I don't know what to do next.  I'm so new I'm unsure who to go to with all my questions.  

1. I have...

12 cardinal tetras, 6 rummy nose tetras, 8 porkchop rasboras, two tiger plecos (1 has evaded me and I have no clue where he's at or if he's still alive), 1 longfinned bristlenose pleco, 1 red betta (which will go home to a lucky 4th grader with all the supplies, including a tank and food), and 6 stirby corys. 

2. I.... am in love with plecos.  I want to have as many as I'm allowed to have in my tank without overstocking it. I'm looking for fancy or cool ones to wow my students and don't know what to get or how many I can get in a 40 breeder.  

3. What would be a cool top water fish the kids will love?  

4. I don't know how to add more action.  My tank has fish but it still seems empty.  

I would love suggestions of any kind.  Thanks guys.  

- Eden.  

Hey Cory and fellow nerms, i can't believe it took me this long to reach the forum but I'm here now!

Unfortunately due to a big move in the near future most of my tanks have been broken down and my aquatic friends have been gifted to loving and caring homes. But i could never part ways with my planted nano tank and my GSP tank.  I can't wait to move to my new home and start a fish room! Hope everyone is having an amazing day and i can't wait to hang out with you all!

Everything you do Cory is awesome. There is a lot of passion in it all. Very much appreciated. I have gotten 2 Ziss Bubblers and 3 sponge filters. I am in the process of setting up 2 30 gallon tanks to take the load off of my 45 Gallon. I have 10 baby butterfly koi from Japan in it. Now they are ok but they are all growing like crazy. I have a total of 14 Koi and 6 goldfish and love all 20, I am disabled and my babies are my life. My big girl is 22 inches long and knows her name. Baby is very much aware of her surroundings. I never knew fish could be smart. Personality wow is all I can say. She does not like anyone including me messing around inside her tank. She gets mad as hell and even shakes her head to let me know to get the heck out of my world. I learned how to take care of her by watching several of your videos and they led me to where I am now. Thanks again and Godseed 

• Haha 1

Hello from Clermont FL!

New to planted aquariums, but have prior experience with multi specie large tanks. Got into the hobby thank you Corys videos. I bought my first bunch of plants from Aquarium Co-op a few months ago and they outgrew their home, so of course that means it’s time for add another aquarium to the house. 

picture is from month week #1. 
plants grew so fast that I can spend 30 mins just looking for my cherrys. 

F6D7A41A-4040-41F0-A2D1-FDD6D706F8CB.jpeg

• Like 2

Hey there everyone! I'm new to the hobby. Began in July, unexpectedly but I have definitely fallen in love with fancy goldfish! Wasn't expecting them at all but they were unannounced gifts for my 4 yr old. The first came in a bowl sadly smh.  But I researched and ran out and got a 10 gallon...then  a 20 gallon. . . Then a second surprise fish came and I upgraded to a 55. Trying my hand at live plants but I don't know if that's going to work after all ... here are my little loves... 

16064916221402800766142061836084.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Everyone. 
I am so excited to be returning to a hobby that I loved when I was younger. So much has changed!  I always wanted to try a planted tank and now I am attempting it. For my birthday, I received a Fluval Flex 32. Love the shape of this tank. It is the marine version with the Fluval Sea LED light, although I am going freshwater. I chose the Seachem Flourite Dark substrate and have a really nice spiderwood piece in the center. For fish, there is a colorful mix of platys (there are so many varieties now!) a few zebra danios, a rubber nose plecostomus, two gold zebra loaches, and a marble veiled angelfish. All the fish are healthy and active. For plants, I have an Ozelot Sword, an Anubis, some Dwarf hairgrass, a Java fern, Mondo grass and Dwarf Sagittaria. I hope my wife realizes that now that she has opened the door it will never shut again!  I’m already thinking about my next tank . . . . 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:13 PM, J. Mantooth said:

LMAO! "We want good pictures and long format conversation. Now if that doesn't interest you, well, there is social media for that..." 

Thank you Cory! I think this is going to be pretty fabulous! I appreciate the hard work you are putting in, and will continue to put in, to make this happen. Lots of forums out there are pretty brutal, so its going to be great to not have some of that garbage. 🙂

Let he without sin cast the first stone

Hi everyone! 

I'm from little Collinsville, OK and I'm just getting into fish keeping. Aquarium co-op has been amazing and has helped out so much. Right now I have a koi betta, Milo, who is the king of his tank, and a small school of panda corydoras (in a different tank). 

I'm just here to learn everything I can to give my fish good lives.

Hi Everyone, I am new in the forum though a long time subscriber of coop, jimmy, etc.  I have been a fish hobbyist for 20 years and currently far away from my aquariums due to the pandemic. My wifey has been taking care of them for 6 months now. 

Youtube video I uploaded 10 years ago: 

Happy Fish Keeping ! Stay Safe ..  

• Like 3

Hello Everyone,

I have been a fan of the Aquarium CO-OP channel for sometime, and now the More Aquarium CO-OP channel! So much great information. I am also a huge fan of the Easy range, currently experiencing great success with two planted tanks thanks to a combination of info and the Easy Green all in one! Trying the root tabs this month. Just placed an order. Very excited to be part of the community as well. I have been keeping tanks steady now for 15 years.

Thanks Again, and Greetings!