Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

Cory

Hello from Virginia!  I’ve been Fishkeeping for 3 months now and have a planted 20g and a 29g that I’m setting up soon.  So far I’ve just gotten fish I remember living in our family awuarium... tetras, corydoras, and just got some swordtails today which are hanging tight in quarantine.  I’ve learned a lot from the FB page and now I’m  excited to see what the forum will hold! 

Hey everyone! I live in southwestern Ontario Canada.   I have only been in this hobby for about 4 months.  It all started because my 10 yr old son wanted a small 5 gallon tank.  I'm a researcher by nature and threw myself into learning as much as I can and became hooked.  I now have my own 36 gallon planted tank that I am slowly stocking.  The amount of help/knowledge I have received from the fine people that make up this group has been paramount!

Hello from Lynnwood WA. Lucky to live close to Aquarium Co-op. Just getting started in the hobby. 10 gallon tank with AC plants, fish, shrimp and nano dragon stone. Everything is doing great!!

The Aquarium Co-op blog and videos were a big help in getting started. Those guys rock!!

E3C43197-392D-4775-81C7-6A2E981C2DD8.jpeg

Edited by Geoff

Hello Everyone!

My name is Doug. Skroob is my nickname and I am totally fine with being called that. I have been keeping fish off and on for the past 30 years. And my current projects are a 40 breeder and a 20 long. Looking forward to helping out and enjoying the forum. 

Hello, everyone! Total newbie here, and I now have 2 planted tanks since July.  I love any and all fish, but I am currently keeping a betta tank, and a community tank with cherry barbs, cardinal tetras, amano shrimp, panda garras, panda cories, a honey gourami, and a juvenile bristlenose pleco. I'm running through trial and error with plants (specifically stem plants) so I'm very much looking forward to learning from everyone. Here's some pics of my aquatic friends in their forever homes. Very excited about this forum and learning more about all aspects of fish-keeping. 

20200913_181956.jpg

20200913_181807.jpg

20200913_181621.jpg

20200913_181601.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tara.C. said:

Hello, everyone! Total newbie here, and I now have 2 planted tanks since July.  I love any and all fish, but I am currently keeping a betta tank, and a community tank with cherry barbs, cardinal tetras, amano shrimp, panda garras, panda cories, a honey gourami, and a juvenile bristlenose pleco. I'm running through trial and error with plants (specifically stem plants) so I'm very much looking forward to learning from everyone. Here's some pics of my aquatic friends in their forever homes. Very excited about this forum and learning more about all aspects of fish-keeping. 

20200913_181956.jpg

20200913_181807.jpg

20200913_181621.jpg

20200913_181601.jpg

Welcome to the board and the hobby Tara.  I haven't been around long, but I'm sure, as Grace said to Annie, "You're gonna like it here."

Hey Fellow Fish Nerds ! 
my name is Katie. I’m almost 30 and I got my first “real” tank as a 10th birthday present and haven’t been without one since!  I worked in pet stores from ages 16-25.    And quite frankly, I knew how to test water, and read the results, and recommend a water change level based on the result or a product, but I didn’t UNDERSTAND the parameters and appreciate what I was reading.     I knew what to say and what to sell, but not WHY it was beneficial or pros and cons to different products.    So, now, as a “real adult” (lets all chuckle at that) I would like to feel more educated in my trivia.     Plus I no longer have that lovely employee discount and don’t want to mess around. 
I discovered aquarium co-op while doing research. I want to start my first high tech planted tank. But I want to be informed before I try. 
aquarium co-op is so learner friendly and easy to follow. I love this Community Type Learning style and I can’t wait to learn tips and tricks from everyone! 
I’m in the middle of a very slow budgeted tank remodel. I currently and focusing on just one tank. It’s a 125gallon with currently only fake plants in it. Like I said, I want to only invest once and make informed decisions. 
thanks for having me! 
This is my first time on a forum so I hope to learn the layout quickly! I’m not sure how to share a picture of my tank just yet. I guess that’s the next thing to research lol  

Greetings from Bristol, UK! I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

I currently have a 10 gal (US) as my main tank but will be upgrading to a 30 gal in the coming weeks. I also have a couple of 5 gal grow out tanks as I recently started breeding my fish after watching Cory's Breeding for Profit series. It's a bit different here in the UK as big chain stores really dominate but there are a few LFS around and one of the medium size stores is franchise based so there's opportunity to put Cory's teaching into practice!

In general though I started keeping fish when I was a kid but shut down my tank when I went to college. I have now been back in the hobby a couple of years and have found Aquarium Co-op super useful as a tool for learning all the new stuff that's going on in the hobby. A lot of the aquairum kit is new but I'm still running my dad's air pump from the early 90s! 

I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum, particularly from an international perspective and learning even more about this great way to interact with nature! 

Cory, I was pleased to hear in your latest stream that you are looking at international shipping- we need Aquarium Co-op merch and kit in the UK! You live stream at 11pm our time, but I usually catch the first 30mins- 1hr and then catch up on tuesday mornings!

It's great to meet everyone!

Simon

I included "what I call myself" in my username as a nod to what i learnt from Cory's videos on breeding for profit.

AqCoopForumpic1.jpg

Edited by Simon - SL30 Aquatics UK
I thought the Intro and Greetings topic was different to comments made on the welcome video!

6 hours ago, Katie said:

Hey Fellow Fish Nerds ! 
my name is Katie. I’m almost 30 and I got my first “real” tank as a 10th birthday present and haven’t been without one since!  I worked in pet stores from ages 16-25.    And quite frankly, I knew how to test water, and read the results, and recommend a water change level based on the result or a product, but I didn’t UNDERSTAND the parameters and appreciate what I was reading.     I knew what to say and what to sell, but not WHY it was beneficial or pros and cons to different products.    So, now, as a “real adult” (lets all chuckle at that) I would like to feel more educated in my trivia.     Plus I no longer have that lovely employee discount and don’t want to mess around. 
I discovered aquarium co-op while doing research. I want to start my first high tech planted tank. But I want to be informed before I try. 
aquarium co-op is so learner friendly and easy to follow. I love this Community Type Learning style and I can’t wait to learn tips and tricks from everyone! 
I’m in the middle of a very slow budgeted tank remodel. I currently and focusing on just one tank. It’s a 125gallon with currently only fake plants in it. Like I said, I want to only invest once and make informed decisions. 
thanks for having me! 
This is my first time on a forum so I hope to learn the layout quickly! I’m not sure how to share a picture of my tank just yet. I guess that’s the next thing to research lol  

Welcome Katie!  The easiest way, for me at least, to share pictures is to drag the file to the box where you're typing., but the picture does have to be small enough.  Can't wait to see as the remodel moves along!

• Like 1

Hello from Katy Texas.  I have 3 tanks running a 29, 20 long, and a 65 gallon.  I am waiting for my order from Aquarium CO-OP to be delivered today so I can begin cycling my new 55 Gallon tank for my P. Velifera Mollies only tank.  Really have gotten into the hobby again over the last 6 months thanks to all the videos from you guys.  

Trevor 

• Like 1

Hello everyone this brings me so much excitement! Especially if Cory his self will be on here to answer questions rather through commenting or through his vids on you tube! Not sure what his plan is on that but I have multiple questions and hoping for real solid answers. Any rate here’s my little fish family all cichlids & bichir  I’m hoping to grow out for the 135 Oscar tank 

D12BAF59-0711-42C6-9C84-E587707FFBAC.jpeg

23DB806F-8EF7-4C1C-BF76-1DCADBD71AFD.jpeg

BFB65E8D-3EC9-43F6-83B2-E1D5431D95C5.jpeg

6FDE0DEE-0E54-4B9E-9434-76ACA84FF768.jpeg

0AE9F2DC-2B58-4CF7-A474-71EF4DC225C0.jpeg

C2A3F011-174C-4FB1-8C7D-F682B7AF0A0A.jpeg

45B680CC-4312-4E90-B1B2-EE76A38A9396.jpeg

3AF1D4A6-9092-4778-84BA-D2FB253F3ACB.jpeg

C3136821-BC8D-41F2-8529-38E1DB00C490.jpeg

B5805199-1EFF-4689-B85C-C5A80CC7E223.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello!

My name is Peter and I am from Ireland.

I got into the hobby around 6 months ago with a 5 gallon tank for a book shelf. i put a few mollies and a few cardinals in there followed by some simple plants like java fern and anubias.

Did some research and found Aqurium Co-Op and got hooked on the chanel and the hobby!

Set up a seoncd 32L tank for some guppies (whom are loving my hard water and making lots of fry). With this tank I am playing with some more plants like Swords and stem plants.

I just got a 240L second hand for super cheap and built a stand out of some ply and 2x4. (in the proccess of painting it as i type......well my partner is) with this tank I am going to get an oscar (picking it up tomorrow)

Love the hobby.................Love this community and looking forward to using this forum.

IMG_20200917_203137.jpg

IMG_20200917_203856.jpg

IMG_20200917_203913.jpg

IMG_20200917_203934.jpg

• Like 3

Hi from O.C. Ca. My name is Rob.

Currently have 20g guppy,  30g Brichardi, 30g molly, 30g platty/sword tail, 55g fancy goldfish, 10g nursery, 10g Quarantine,  10g rosy minnow, 10g hospital, 2g beta. Upgrading electrical for 20g long (planted), 2 addl 30g, 2 40g, 1 addl 55g, 80g, 150g.  Serious  Addictive personality and impulse control problems. Additional tanks are going to be community, angel, discus, Africans (tanganyika) and water turtles. Current  Tanks also include Cory doras, Hillstream loaches, asst. Plecos, & clown loach. 

• Haha 2

Hello all! I'm from northeastern Ohio, near Cleveland, and luckily I was referred to the Co-op's YouTube channel very soon after I decided to restart my tank. 

Tank 1 is an old 20g hex which is supposed to retire but the stand for its replacement is a work in progress, one of many projects here lol.

Tank 2 came soon after I started bingeing Co-op videos and is a 40 breeder. Both are community tanks with easy plants, and some very happy ever-expanding java moss. I had to go and mess with my light settings and fix something that wasn't broken, so now the Java moss in the 40 is mixed with a lot of hair algae.

Tank 3 is a 29 that will eventually replace the 20 hex. 

I'm not super hard core, and my tanks aren't beautifully scaped, but I enjoy them. My fish very much agree with Cory's reviews of Vibra Bites, and those bring everyone out. The Java loaches are super entertaining when they discover that it's Vibra Bite day. 

I'm glad I was able to binge videos in January, because most of the rest of the year I work excessive hours and can't often sit still for a video. So I'm VERY thankful for the ones released as podcasts, which I listen to while driving the route I work. 

We have horses, mules, ponies, dogs, cats, and lots of chickens in addition to fish. I'm as sensitive as my border collies lol so I'm always happy to find kind places to learn and share.

Hello from Central AZ,

I look forward to learning a lot from this group. I have built my own above ground pond some years back.. it eventually leaked and I moved the gold fish to a preform.. I had them over 9 years.. our turtle ate the last one about 6 months ago..  I have 2 55 gal tanks not set up as of yet. I have NO idea what to put in them. I want Electric Blue Acara, and I also like Schooling Fish like the Rummy nose.. I prefer a minimalist tank with some live plants. What is holding me back is I am in a mobile home and I am TERRIFIED the floor can't support a large tank.