Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

Cory

1 minute ago, Lonesniper said:

My setup fluval roma 125L . Filter fluval u3. light Roma 125 10w .

iv stocked it with 6 gold tetra 12 cardinal tetra 2 angelfish 2 pleco and 2 Cory all juvenile. I’m adding more live plants   

7F31ED96-386C-49F5-B925-86BE631CAEAC.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking tank you have there! Get some more Corydoras (same species as the ones you have), as they are social fish and are really fun to watch in groups.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking tank you have there! Get some more Corydoras (same species as the ones you have), as they are social fish and are really fun to watch in groups.

Thanks Cory I was going to ask that question next .i was wondering if I added a sump would I be ok to add more stock like cardinal tetra size fish . My apartment as limited space as I use a wheelchair I have Parkinson’s disease 

25 minutes ago, Lonesniper said:

Thanks Cory I was going to ask that question next .i was wondering if I added a sump would I be ok to add more stock like cardinal tetra size fish . My apartment as limited space as I use a wheelchair I have Parkinson’s disease 

I would say get a large sponge filter. This would help to increase the bioload. Lots of live plants will also help. The only problem I see with more fish is that not everyone might have enough room to swim around comfortably. The angelfish and plecos (depending on the species) could get pretty big.

• Like 1

Hi, y'all! I'm fairly near Houston, Texas. My dil bought me a BiOrb 15L and a Petco Betta. Her twins named him Charlie. Now I'm a fishkeeping newb  again. So much has changed after 20+ years away from it! Y'all will soon learn that I'm not much of a photographer. I can't seem to show the beautiful turquoise radiating pattern in Charlie's tail and the turquoise blue iridescence over his body. He's a bit smallish, maybe young, and  swims laps around his tank so I'm in the process of setting up a lightly stocked 20g for him. 

20210413_113218.jpg

Edited by NonnaBeans
typo
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, NonnaBeans said:

Hi, y'all! I'm fairly near Houston, Texas. My dil bought me a BiOrb 15L and a Petco Betta. Her twins named him Charlie. Now I'm a fishkeeping newb  again. So much has changed after 20+ years away from it! Y'all will soon learn that I'm not much of a photographer. I can't seem to show the beautiful turquoise radiating pattern in Charlie's tail and the turquoise blue iridescence over his body. He's a bit smallish, maybe young, and  swims laps around his tank so I'm in the process of setting up a lightly stocked 20g for him. 

Howdy Neighbor,

I'm fairly close to Houston also; about 45 minutes away, between Navasota and Hempstead, and I get down to Houston once a month or so to check out a fish store or two.  Which direction are you?

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm probably recognizable to some of the staff once I get around to posting my setup and things of that nature. I'm RiskyBiscuit from the Seattle area and I'm obsessed with Cool plecos and have been breeding Cardinia and Neocardinia shrimp and betta for about a year now. Most of my fish are from Co-op and I've even had some of my corey cats start breeding in my shrimp hatchery's (They're smaller than the shrimp right now but I'm hoping they stay alive!). 

Here's a few of my plecos!

20210311_185950.jpg

20210311_185926.jpg

20210225_221512.jpg

20210225_221328.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hi! I'm Chloe, and I'm pretty new to this hobby. Right now I have I have two 5 gallon betta tanks. My pink female elephant ear is named Cupcake, and my male (rosetail) betta is named Captain Blueberry 🤣😅 I'm actually only in middle school but I'm obsessed with fish now!

P.S. Captain Blueberry looks like he has a mustache (that's why it's "Captain")😂

2021-04-18.jpg

2021-04-18 (1).jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chlo said:

Hi! I'm Chloe, and I'm pretty new to this hobby. Right now I have I have two 5 gallon betta tanks. My pink female elephant ear is named Cupcake, and my male (rosetail) betta is named Captain Blueberry 🤣😅 I'm actually only in middle school but I'm obsessed with fish now!

P.S. Captain Blueberry looks like he has a mustache (that's why it's "Captain")😂

2021-04-18.jpg

2021-04-18 (1).jpg

Welcome to the forum! I got obsessed with the hobby when I was in middle school as well! Nice betta by the way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chlo said:

2021-04-18.jpg

2021-04-18 (1).jpg

Hi Chlo! Your bettas are both beautiful and their names are perfect! It looks like you're taking great care of them.

Hello all,

My name is Greg and I’m just getting back into hobby. So far I am really enjoying my 10 gallon and am already looking at upgrading to a 20 long. Really wanted to prove to myself this time around that I could grown plants really well and make a really natural looking tank. So far it’s been fun but I have a long way to go and will probably spend a lot more time on here 

995F0A6B-D2B4-4573-B537-047944203FED.jpeg

• Like 4

On 4/16/2021 at 12:10 PM, RiskyBiscuit said:

Hi all, I'm probably recognizable to some of the staff once I get around to posting my setup and things of that nature. I'm RiskyBiscuit from the Seattle area and I'm obsessed with Cool plecos and have been breeding Cardinia and Neocardinia shrimp and betta for about a year now. Most of my fish are from Co-op and I've even had some of my corey cats start breeding in my shrimp hatchery's (They're smaller than the shrimp right now but I'm hoping they stay alive!). 

Here's a few of my plecos!

What's your secret? When I first started the hobby I tired having a pleco and unfortunately he didn't make it. Then I got more serious, but still kinda green and tried again and failed. My daughter and I love the species, just can't seem to keep them alive. I too have breeding cory cats. I think out of my 4 in my 37gal, I have 1 female and 3 males. Not to mention now, they're multigenerational offspring. And 1 snail that turned into 12+. I'm being over run! Help! 🙂

• Like 1

Hi,

(There will be pictures, I promise - not of me but my tank(s). I'm a 55 year woman from Sweden. I used to keep both African cichlids and South American. I suffered from MTS. It was possible because we lived in a ridiculous big house. Now it's not. My son has moved out and I and my husband live in a small (in comparison) flat. I'll have to choose and that gives me anxiety. I bought a 190 gallon and a 20 gallon (the latter was supposed to be a quarantine tank). I was thinking Frontosa, Haps - and now, Cory, you've made me fall in love with guppies. They're in the quarantine tank, looking fantastic and producing babies that are cute beyond description. So now I've bought a 190 Gallon tank for ... guppies. And plants, I wasn't gonna have that many plants since well... I've fallen in love with plants. One of the reasons I decided to become a member isn't just fish related. I like your perspective on things in general. At your best moments you're a philosopher that stretches beyond fish keeping. I can sit in front of my quarantine tank and watch the guppies and the plants (and snails - that's also your fault), watch their behavior for hours. My husband says "Oh you're watching TV". He's not a fish person, he's a saxophone person, jazz person.

• Like 2

Hi, Manny! Im fairly near Houston, Texas. After about a 20 year hiatus I'm fishkeeping again. So much has changed I feel like a newb again. Right now I have a betta in a 15 liter BiOrb and I'm setting up a lightly stocked 20 gallon tank for him. I have a mixture of live (anubias so far & a few others to follow as I relearn how to keep them alive) and silk plants. I also have a Plan B in place in case he doesn't want tank mates. 

Hello everyone,
 I'm Danielle from central Virginia. I've been into the hobby since I was a kid but got out for a while, been back in for ten years or so. I keep and breed several types Corydora and various type of guppy. I also keep a Red Eared Slider turtle. I down-sized recently due to disability and only have one large tank currently, but may start an outdoor pond this summer if my health and funds allow. 

Photo below is of my set up before my turtle rearranged everything, as they are all prone to do, and part of the fun in having them.20210111_191817.jpg.d1d5a09d0a236472fbb45f559d65870d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi, Danielle! I'm LaDonna. I'm fairly near Houston, Texas. Your tank is beautiful. I've never kept aquatic turtles but I shared my home for several years with a geriatric and somewhat spoiled Russian tortoise who'd been rehomed following the death of his previous guardian. Like you I joined fishkeeping as a kid. My hiatus was about 20 years. I was really missing it so I'm back and learning the new stuff. Right now I have an odd looking betta in a 15 liter BiOrb and I'm setting up what I intend to be a lightly stocked 20 gallon with a mixture of live and silk plants. I plan to try introducing the betta into the community tank. I have a Plan B if he turns out to be aggressive. 

• Like 1