Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

Cory

8 minutes ago, Augustjd27 said:

How are the babies doing? Still alive?

Unfortunately they are not.  I was not prepared with live baby brine. I was feeding hikari first bites frozen baby brine and vinaigar eels but they were not taking to any of it. I have my hatchery set up now.  Got a small jar of brine shrimp eggs from my lfs just in case and put in an order from brine shrimp direct which is on the way. I'm confident they will spawn again. And this time I will be ready. 

11 minutes ago, Jon G said:

Unfortunately they are not.  I was not prepared with live baby brine. I was feeding hikari first bites frozen baby brine and vinaigar eels but they were not taking to any of it. I have my hatchery set up now.  Got a small jar of brine shrimp eggs from my lfs just in case and put in an order from brine shrimp direct which is on the way. I'm confident they will spawn again. And this time I will be ready. 

Nice. You'll get it eventually. If you don't have it try to get some Java moss in with them. Mine seemed to benefit from microorganisms I suspect they ate off it. With that added help I've been able to raise mine on exclusively Omega 1 frozen baby brine. Good luck

2 hours ago, Augustjd27 said:

Nice. You'll get it eventually. If you don't have it try to get some Java moss in with them. Mine seemed to benefit from microorganisms I suspect they ate off it. With that added help I've been able to raise mine on exclusively Omega 1 frozen baby brine. Good luck

I have some in another breeding tank with  different pair of rams. I will split the portion and put some in with the gold ones. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Augustjd27 said:

How are the babies doing? Still alive?

• Like 1

Great idea Cory and I fully agree on keeping it respectful and friendly.  Nothing discourages new fish keepers (the future of the hobby) than someone calling them out about a common newbie mistake.  Teach, don't preach 😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello, everybody. I'm James, from Knoxville, Tennessee. I grew up in Jacksonville, Florida, and my mom and dad ran a shrimping company and a marine construction company. So, aquatic life has always been a big part of my life. I temporarily left the hobby  for a few years, when I had children , but I got back into it about a year ago. It started with my piranha tank, as I've always been drawn to them, but then the bristlenose pleco caught my eye. One tank turned into two tanks, two into three, all the way up to 53 tanks, which is where I am at today. I now keep everything from the piranha and plecos, to guppies and tetras, to cichlids , and lots of fish in between. There is beauty in every fish if you take the time to learn about them. Studying aquatic wildlife and plant life is one of my favorite pastimes and truly brings me joy. I collect a variety of species not only to enjoy them, but to also help breed them. I especially love the more rare species for this reason. I like to try to do my part in ensuring the longevity of these amazing and endangered species, so that they may live on for many generations to come. There are so many beautiful, fascinating creatures that you can keep, there is something for everyone. I like to think I'm doing my part in protecting them and also displaying them for the world to see. When you have enough passion about something, you can make it enjoyable for anyone, and my fish are my passion. I like to joke that I never need to watch the TV. If I'm bored, all I have to do is look at a different tank. That is another reason I like having so many different species, because just seeing the similarities and differences in each one is fascinating to me, even just fish to fish in the same species. I love being able to tinker around with the tanks until I get everything just right for the inhabitants. I hope to pass on some of my knowledge to others as well, so that everyone can have the opportunity to thoroughly appreciate and enjoy the wonderful underwater world in the comfort of their own home. As I said earlier, I grew up with the ocean as an integral part of my life, and I only hope to spread that sense of wonder with the world to the best of my ability. 

• Like 9

Greetings from Stanfield, Oregon.  I have been in the hobby for almost 5 months.  I have a 20 gallon with 16 Neon's, 6 Amano's, a plethora of cherry shrimp, about 6 Ghost Shrimp, and an completely out of control population o/f bladder snails (I'm getting Assassin snails from an online retailer in an attempt to get the snail population under control).  I've recently acquired  a 29 gallon (shown below) that I just set  up this Saturday (8/1) and have transitioned the Nerite's over from the 20 gallon.

116043109_2647656688834731_1443008205753087431_n.jpg

Edited by Larry Aquanoob
grammar update
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! 

This is my first time being part of a forum, and I'm happy to be here! I'm a college student from Lincoln, Nebraska and have 2 fish tanks with a 3rd, 65g tank in the works. I'm stuck with liquid rock, 8.2 ph, and love livebearers and all types of loaches! I got my first tank about 2 years ago and recently have really loved the hobby. Best to all!

20200810_011123.jpg

• Like 2

Hello fellow fish keepers! My name is Patrick, I am 13, I live in Oregon, and I have been keeping fish for about 10 years. I don't have a lot going on now in my fish keeping world but I hope to change that soon. I am currently planning to re-design my 75 gal. I was thinking to do angelfish, dwarf cichlids, Apistogrammas, Denison barbs, Congo tetras, gouramis, rope fish, and Rainbowfish. I also have a 10 gallon that I wanted to re-setup on with a heavy plant load and 3 pea puffers. I hope this sounds good to y'all. Thank you Cory and all of Aquarium Co - Op for all you have done to make this forum possible. Let me just say that I hope everyone has seen Murphy the Mbu puffer of their website. He is sooo awesome! Thanks again and happy fish keeping!

133638001_2020-08-17(2).png.ee1c60ea88f5342fad7fa0e955fb7e81.png

2020-08-17 (4).png

2020-08-17 (6).png

2020-08-17 (8).png

2020-08-17 (10).png

2020-08-17 (12).png

2020-08-17 (14).png

Edited by Patrick M. Bodega Aquatics
  • Like 5

Hey there everybody, greetings from Southern California. Check out my instagram and YouTube channel Dammiguessaqua. Some of the species that I’m currently keeping are: 5 different color morphs of medaka rice fish, Dark knight rams, shell dwellers multies, CPD’s,  pseudomugil luminatus, crystal red shrimp, guppies, and more......

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwCGkZm8evDzF1MRR3B9xkA

• Like 2

Hello!

I’m from the San Francisco Bay Area and I am brand new to the hobby! (Not including my childhood fishbowl fish). 

I have already learned a ton (and now feel badly for those fishbowl fish I had lol) and I still have many more questions.  I don’t have any pictures to share as I’m still stocking up on my supplies but I’ll be excited to share my progress with you all!

thanks!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Corey!! I look forward to actively participating in this forum. For all of you fellow members my name is Rebecca. I'm from Athens, Al, and I'm a fish nerd. Lol. I currently have 5 tanks. Some of my fish include peacocks, haps, parrot fish, Angel fish, guppies, platies, mollies, and I have a dedicated fire red cherry shrimp tank and of course some mystery, nerite, and ramshorn snails. I will post pictures of my tanks in the near future 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Hello My name is James I’m 16 and I have kept tanks since I was about 9 but there have always been at least one tank in our house.

This I’m my 40 Gallon tank I recently planted thanks to aquarium co-op and my local fish store.

ADF03C8C-0E4D-4937-AA44-439F43BA5436.jpeg.023be61c3fdf53ec2027938c06996f6b.jpeg

this is my dads 75 gallon tank I take care off

D6597CA0-D92F-4570-8C25-504CC88AAB9D.jpeg.dd140e8f7745067e749b1db2349b0b42.jpeg

mans this is my mini fish room! Sorry it’s a little messy.

90595395-C7C4-4C23-B556-D349DCD8F476.jpeg.e553d24fae2830f9ae8b5cce94c9e8cd.jpeg

anyways I love fish and I’m always wanting to try something new!

I hope I can learn from this forum, and thank you aquarium co-op for this resource.

Edited by James V.
  • Like 4

Hi everyone. I'm a hobbyist that returned to it last year after a long break. In that short time period, I've amassed six fish tanks in my NYC apartment.

Some of my favorite fish are hillstream loaches, spotted congo puffers, dwarf cichlids, and dwarf rainbowfish.

20200908_194032.jpg

20200908_194054_06.jpg

20200908_225217.jpg

20200908_225220.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Awesome video, and idea in general Cory! Can't wait to grow and see what this new community has to offer! You have seen our tanks in the past willing or not! 🤣 But we recently moved into our first home, no more renting! The tanks pictured are our triple red (20g/L), and primarily bushynose/community tank(40g/br). They are both planted heavily, all from past tanks that were set up in our apartment for years! The apisto is mean and has finally decided to allow a bushynose to keep him company that is growing out. The community has our bn male, and calico bn female pair(constantly breeding😑), blue paradise fish, along with our remaining corys, and neocaridina. There is also two ember tetras from another tank, along with four kuhlis. Hopefully you all enjoy, sorry for the mess It's been hard to keep the tank clean with all the babies and breakdown from almond leaves....PSX_20200907_201246.jpg.8fe6239ea18ebe2b8b09b19fa9dbe7c5.jpg

PSX_20200907_201031.jpg

PSX_20200907_200917.jpg

PSX_20200907_200808.jpg

PSX_20200907_200711.jpg

PSX_20200907_200633.jpg

PSX_20200907_200507.jpg

PSX_20200829_145144.jpg

PSX_20200829_144233.jpg

PSX_20200815_171029.jpg

PSX_20200815_170522.jpg

PSX_20200815_170503.jpg

• Like 1

Hello from the beautiful Pacific Northwest in Washington state. Fish keeping has always been in my life. Presently I keep a planted 180g and it has been running for about 10 years now, hiccups along the way with this tank but it's always a learning experience. 

Discus1a.jpg

• Like 1