Welcome to the C.A.R.E Forum - Look here first.

Cory

Greetings from Canada!  I live in the beautiful Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island.  I am a fish keeping newbie, I got my first tank in December 2019 then added a second tank in February 2020.  The first YouTube video I watched, by chance, was Cory and that started my learning journey!  I am looking forward to the time that Covid is controlled so that I can visit the store. 

My fish are Danios, Candy Cane Tetras, Red Eye Tetras, a solitary Otocinculus, and a multitude of prolific Mollies.

• Like 2

Hi everyone my name is Sandy and I'm from Valdosta Georgia. I'm brand new to the hobby and very excited to learn. I started a 10g. Its doing good so far. And I'll be setting up a 75g in the near future. @Cory thank you for everything you're doing! 

• Like 2

Hello all

Washington person here with a little 16 gal tank with neons, Danios and a wonderful betta I got from ACO. Starting back up after a long time. Largest tank I ever had was a 55 gallon. 

Glad to be here, since so many things have changed since my last tank back in 2002. Even when I got the 16 gal. Back in 2017 to now there are new changes of doing things so back to learning for me.

Bettas name is Hunter.

20200715_182241.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hello from Ashburn, Virginia!

I’m glad to join here at the beginning of this forum project and admire Cory’s vision of a community that communicates with respect for one another!

My wife and I recently bought a 10G for our daughter, and quickly discovered that there was a lot that we didn’t even know that we didn’t know. We had to have the “can’t bring a fish home today” talk with our daughter and promptly began our research when we got home.

Cory and Co.’s advice has been invaluable as we have upgraded to a 30G and added fish and plants. My wife jokes that I am into this new hobby more than our daughter and she isn’t wrong! 

I’m looking forward to sharing, interacting, and learning with all of you!

A532AB80-1257-4C57-9443-16785E217E12.jpeg

3304B48F-D7A1-44FA-A1FB-85E535F39EC8.jpeg

A2C95CB1-A368-4910-9C5B-B1F548303DB2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Greetings from South Carolina.  I'm really looking forward to interacting with everyone on this forum.  I know I can always use help and learn more.  I've got a 29 gallon that just has 8 zebra danios, lots of low tech plants, and plenty of brown algae in it so far.  I have a 10 gallon too that runs as a quarantine tank for the time being.  

• Like 3

Hello Everyone!  I just started a new 75 gal planted tank a few months ago.  Never focus before keeping live plants:).  I was into fish keeping growing up in the 80’s and early 90’s.  When it’s was a few books, your local fish store, and lots of trial and errors:).  I had 3 tanks and ended up at a 55 by high school.  I am looking forward to learning a lot from our group here.

9AE8E330-090C-4756-B482-7C5899BA0F4A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hello from Wisconsin!  I got back into the hobby in January and already have 13 tanks (55 gallons and under)!  This time around I've had several "first" for me.  Started doing live planted tanks (have 5 now), also, first time keeping various snail breeds and breeding mystery snails, and first time breeding fish (have a clutch of Red Jewel Cichlids growing out).  All exciting things happening and keeping fish I've never had before.  The picture is of one of my favorite tanks.  15 gal. Fluval Flex with CPD, Dwarf Emerald Rasbora, couple Dragon Scale Guppies, a Hillstream loach, and a Betta. 

20200514_154642.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Heyoo from Los Angeles, CA! Im pretty new to hobby, i set up my first tank about 8 months ago. Ive already added a second tank and am setting up a mini pond. Ive bred some long fin leopard danios and reticulated hillstream loaches so far and im looking forward to being active on here and seeing what you guys have been working on!

4B38165A-2DC0-4B4C-AED7-9D7C94A2C01E.jpeg

7EB4B8AA-71B0-4F09-99FE-4D1C00733576.jpeg

E702D642-20EA-40FB-BEDC-654318A53F13.jpeg

E2A27CBC-E075-48E1-A3FC-12A50089071D.jpeg

Edited by Sliceofnature
  • Love 1

On 7/14/2020 at 6:16 PM, Sharon said:

I guess I should add that I'm a 74 yr-old grandma living on 22 acres with a horse, 4 dogs  8 cats, chickens, and some koi.

Hi Sharon, I to live close to Dallas. I’m a 70 year old retired grandma. This is such a great hobby that helps us keep on the move. My parameters are much like yours it sounds like. Congratulations on your corys. They are one of my favorites for sure. Right now I’m struggling with a bully melon barb he is a bully and I’m struggling to catch him I want him out! He is chasing all of my panda cats all over the place. I was Leary of getting a group of them in the first place but a very reputable dealer assured me that they were good community fish. Good luck with the forum glad Cory started this for all of us fish lovers.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I am James Holbrook in Crossville, Tn. I kept a lot of Oscars, Jack Dempseys, Convict Cichlids in the 1980’s and early 90’s. Also kept Betta Splendens when there weren’t so many to choose. I got back in the hobby with guppies, Bettas and Cherry Shrimp a few years ago. I found the Coop not long after and joined about ten months ago.
I finally understand a lot better what Cory was getting at in your livestream. I believe this will be an invaluable part of our continued learning and sharing experience. 
What a great old/new concept. I miss the forums as well.k

Edited by James Holbrook
Add some information
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 5:56 PM, Upliftingjoe said:

Upliftingjoe here and greetings from California so glad that yall created a forum like this. Happy its here 🙂

This is my breeder tank. All plants from aquarium co-op with Cory directly responsible for the plant choices lol.

20200715_175459.jpg

Holy cow Joe, your guppy tank is filling in nicely!! I still need to get a recent pic up of my Puff tank.

Hey hey all you lovely fish ppl!
I'm Tiffany, and I'm from MD (Maryland)

I've been in this CrAzY hobby for 3-4 years now. I have 3 tanks :
A 60 gallon community tank - stocked with guppies, endlers, platys, mollies, 2 juvenile BN plecos, a few corys, and a few Heterandria Formosa females (and assassin snails);
A 5 gallon hex tank - stocked with 2 Heterandria Formosa females, and 2 very young juvenile endler females;
And my betta tank (which is temporary while treating her - she was a 100% legit rescue as she was found still her cup in a pet store parking lot! and no one came to claim her {yes I called more than once!}). I found her on the fourth of July and her tail just happens to be red white and blue! Her name is Liberty!
It has been a long bumpy ride, but I love every second of it!
I think the best part about this hobby is it seems no matter how long you've been in it, there is always something new!

IMG_20200714_090751-picsay.jpg

MVIMG_20200714_093511-picsay.jpg

MVIMG_20200714_101254-picsay.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-201127_Video Player-picsay.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi all! I'm Enrique, was born in the USA but am currently residing in Mexico. It's been a little bit more than a year now since I set up my first aquarium, which is a 40g breeder. Since then, I've also acquired several others, which include 20g, 15g, 5.5g, 4.5g and 3g. My most recent purchase is a 100g acrylic tank which will house the oscar in my avatar!

Hope everyone is well! Oh, I also love to take photos of my fish, here's a pic of my oscar and one of my main tank!

P1120715-Edit.jpg

tancc.png

Edited by HenryC
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/14/2020 at 2:51 PM, Jon G said:

Hello everyone. Jon from Long Island New York here.  I recently got back into the hobby after a 6 years away. I thank Cory and his you tube for that.  I've been hooked on the coop's you tube for the past 4 months.  Exited to be a part of this community.   

I'd also like to share that this morning my Gold ram babys are free swimming. 😁😁😁😁👍👍👍

20200714_152350.jpg

20200714_152302.jpg

How are the babies doing? Still alive?

• Like 1