On 2/14/2023 at 9:47 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Could be very fun! Maybe along with some tetras…?08B5CF47-3951-40C8-AB9E-641F2CDEEDF2.jpeg.096db1e797d0c2cf3048ff7fe12cb688.jpegD8BEB558-7ED4-4979-8448-793969D3B137.jpeg.0c651b1b0f95a82ca478e33525dfd540.jpeg

Filter and heater have been added. I tend to wait for the heater to bump the temperature up a bit - plants have died on me in the past which I can put down to either too hot or too cold water. 

That driftwood looks sick! Are you putting anything on it?

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 9:02 AM, Theplatymaster said:

@TheSwissAquarist  looks like a perfect scape for some corydoras, you can put epiphytes on the rocks and wood, and the corydoras can swim around in the open area up  front. As for corydora stocking:

Id got with standard albinos (aeneus).

I feel like bronze, paleatus, and a lot of less common kinds would be hard to see on the grey substrate.

Orange venezualens would stand out too, but ive heard they are more shy.

Maybe also 1 kirb/apisto as a centerpeice fish, looks like there are some nice caves in there

or albino endlers?????? 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Any other recommendations for algae eaters for that kind of stuff?

@PerceptivePesce

Well, I'm still learning myself ☺️ When that stuff suddenly showed up on dead plant matter after a 4 hour siesta, I cleaned it off- I was scared.

I placed an online order for amano shrimp yesterday.  After lots of reading I had it narrowed down to otocinclus and amano.  I decided to go with amano in case I have some kind of fish disease in my tank.  Lots of fish diseases don't bother shrimp and vice versa, not all though.  Also, I really enjoy watching the blue neocaridina more than the guppies and nerites.  I may be a shrimp lover!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 9:51 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Amanos

Sorry my amano-larm went off. Everything ok!?

😂

Needless to say you know what I'd say.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:21 AM, PerceptivePesce said:

I placed an online order for amano shrimp yesterday.  After lots of reading I had it narrowed down to otocinclus and amano.  I decided to go with amano in case I have some kind of fish disease in my tank.  Lots of fish diseases don't bother shrimp and vice versa, not all though. 

Very interesting. I dig them both, but I understand the discrepancy and choice there. I like it. Enjoy them!

On 2/17/2023 at 10:00 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Any other recommendations for algae eaters for that kind of stuff?

I just use a toothbrush.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:49 AM, PerceptivePesce said:

I don't know the inside joke, but I want to know!  You no like amanos?

Oh, 🙂 ,   I'd love to have a few thousand of them if I could.  One day I will breed them a few times to feel like I have "enough".  They are one of my favorite things I've kept!

• Love 1