On 2/19/2023 at 11:06 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

What will the pic be of this time? GBR fry? Aspidora fry? Nerite eggs? Gravid Anchor cats? 🤣🤣

How about a panda embryo ready to hatch (the dark one)

25904D21-1D45-40A2-8993-F1DF68B27711.jpeg

On 2/19/2023 at 11:07 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

And make my parents very dissatisfied with the aesthetic tank look! 

Educate them on how beneficial algae is. It cleans and aerated water. Provides a home to live food. Is food.

see all the eggs in the algae?  It’s great stuff. Amazing magical  algae💕

2A14FC24-9579-44A9-864A-F80573D89702.jpeg

Edited by Guppysnail

On 2/19/2023 at 5:08 PM, Guppysnail said:

Educate them on how beneficial algae is. It cleans and aerated water. Provides a home to live food. Is food.

see all the eggs in the algae?  It’s great stuff. Amazing magical  algae💕

No chance- my dad likes looking at them, mum puts up with it. 

On 2/19/2023 at 5:08 PM, Guppysnail said:

How about a panda embryo ready to hatch (the dark one)

Four of a kind ! ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 11:01 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

The bear numbers in 🇨🇭can be measured in double digits, so the chances of that happening are rare; but thanks anyway 😊

I have to watch my back when taking out the trash. I live by the state park and the bears freely roam here, especially when humans “put out the buffet”.

• Like 1

You are Swiss, you better have lots of corks at your disposal! 

I am constantly in awe of your tanks. I've taught probably a couple thousand teenagers and you all are at the hard part of growing your brains. To be able to have such dedication is amazing. I hope I can get my daughter to do something like that in her own wheelhouse one day. (She's a tween). 

On 2/19/2023 at 5:25 PM, Guppysnail said:

Not at all. Too much is too much. I just happened to have a supply of several types because I do not hate on algae 🤣

I used to replant my 63 gal every 6 months or so because everything would get algified…turns out a combination of fast growing plants and more corydoras solved the problem. I still have some, but live & let live seems to work. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 1:14 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I used to replant my 63 gal every 6 months or so because everything would get algified…turns out a combination of fast growing plants and more corydoras solved the problem. I still have some, but live & let live seems to work. 

I scrubbed sword leaves with a toothbrush yesterday 😆🤷🏻‍♀️

On 2/20/2023 at 1:14 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

to deal with algae im fasting my platies (they will eat hair algae) and ive decreased my lighting intensity.