On 2/27/2023 at 2:08 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I have hair algae too but I just look somewhere else. I’m hoping the shrimp will eat it.  I put the lights at 12 hr, maybe I need to go down to the 8 hr.

Amanos? 

On 2/27/2023 at 2:08 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I have hair algae too but I just look somewhere else. I’m hoping the shrimp will eat it.  I put the lights at 12 hr, maybe I need to go down to the 8 hr.

Amanos? 

On 2/26/2023 at 10:09 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:
On 2/26/2023 at 5:08 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Amanos?

I'm gonna say "they can't be bothered." LOL.  If it was shorter, they'd go to town. But after a certain length, nah.... that's on you.

An essay of an Einstein quote has been torturing me for the past day : Imagination is more important than knowledge. 😑

Spoiler Alert 🚨! I came across my old stick insect terrarium in my attic…made me realize that I don’t have any pics of my old pet anymore… Sungaya Inexpectata, also known as “Caine” (get it?😜). 

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2023 at 9:31 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

my parents are plainly refusing to go to the LFS for neon and glowlight tetras for the 15 gal

this is one of the moments that i realize how lucky i am that its a 10-15minute walk for me to the LFS, it makes going there just to talk fish, and look at stock really easy.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 9:37 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

Ever thought of trying to work for them? 

im considering it for the summer, thought it might be volunteer work.

im still waiting for a community college (also walkable from my house) to get back to me, if i can do/help out with some lab work relating to fish for them, no response yet though.

On 3/2/2023 at 12:02 PM, TheSwissAquarist said:

My new garden project: an avocado tree:FDD20E03-800A-46CB-A6C3-40FA867E3EE8.jpeg.6b0e8480ac056db0f5303de39548a813.jpeg

My new school project: the Vietnam war: image.jpg.d2d2a270e185b9db29205a10290a71f6.jpg

And my new picture project : Gretel! 😂C5EBC855-F53B-4CB1-B51C-DBC5A3AA3FF0.jpeg.2eb56f1f7dbfaf2cff2145d91477da89.jpeg

Have a nice day! I’ll try and post something interesting over the weekend, but I’ve been up to my ears in schoolwork. 

*Vietnam conflict 

the us hasn’t had a war since ww2

are you serious about the avocado tree (I don’t think you are) but your climate is definitely to cold!

I’d love to read your paper!

I have a BA in history specializing in post colonial francophone colonization with a minor in Francophone literature. Though mostly from the Maghreb and Subsaharan Africa. My Master’s in Teaching is from Emory University. This is my wheelhouse and very exciting! 

France caused a lot of issues in Indochina and Ghana for the way they withdrew. I blame them almost entirely for the aftermath and conflict. 

I’d love to know what your thesis was! 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 6:12 PM, The endler guy said:

are you serious about the avocado tree (I don’t think you are) but your climate is definitely to cold!

I’m doing it indoors. 😂

On 3/2/2023 at 6:52 PM, Miska said:

I’d love to read your paper!

I have a BA in history specializing in post colonial francophone colonization with a minor in Francophone literature. Though mostly from the Maghreb and Subsaharan Africa. My Master’s in Teaching is from Emory University. This is my wheelhouse and very exciting! 

France caused a lot of issues in Indochina and Ghana for the way they withdrew. I blame them almost entirely for the aftermath and conflict. 

I’d love to know what your thesis was! 

It’s in French; but my thesis is that France failed to take the reins of colonisation the same way they did before WW2, and therefore left the door open to opposition through a communist movement. The demoralized post-WW2 French army was highly dependent on American equipment, but could not fight a guérilla war. The ‘Domino’ theory proposed by the Eisenhower administration grossly inflated the perceived threats of a communist Vietnam, causing the US to precipitate its military might into a war that they could not commit to fully; on pain of international condemnation. 
Do you think that would be OK? 

• Love 1

My minor was in Francophone literature- I speak and read French. Well read better than speak or write because it’s been 10 years since I was fluent. 

That’s pretty much most folks major theories. Though because I was born and raised in Étates-Unis we would argue that the threat was real and the brutality of the Viet Kong proves it. Which would be important to put in your next to last paragraph and refute (where you refute alternative theories). N’est pas? 

On 3/3/2023 at 12:22 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I’m doing it indoors. 😂

It’s in French; but my thesis is that France failed to take the reins of colonisation the same way they did before WW2, and therefore left the door open to opposition through a communist movement. The demoralized post-WW2 French army was highly dependent on American equipment, but could not fight a guérilla war. The ‘Domino’ theory proposed by the Eisenhower administration grossly inflated the perceived threats of a communist Vietnam, causing the US to precipitate its military might into a war that they could not commit to fully; on pain of international condemnation. 
Do you think that would be OK? 

i agree but for the Anzacs there was a real threat of the northern take over 

On 3/3/2023 at 1:07 PM, Miska said:

My minor was in Francophone literature- I speak and read French. Well read better than speak or write because it’s been 10 years since I was fluent. 

That’s pretty much most folks major theories. Though because I was born and raised in Étates-Unis we would argue that the threat was real and the brutality of the Viet Kong proves it. Which would be important to put in your next to last paragraph and refute (where you refute alternative theories). N’est pas? 

Je dois avoir un point de vue indifférent, sinon mon professeur d'histoire m'attaque avec son logorrhée. 😂

On 3/3/2023 at 1:19 PM, The endler guy said:

i agree but for the Anzacs there was a real threat of the northern take over 

In English - I have to have an indifferent point of view on the subject, and my project would be endless if I wrote about all the 'what if' s. 

On another note: the underwater footage in this vid is great! (Just fast forward to 6:00)

• Like 2

My Endler population has been hit by Ich! 🤯

I left home this morning, all was fine and la-de-da : came back to 4 dead and all of my 15 or so remaining Endlers exhibited white spots. My stardust plecos and a glass cat have also snuffed it. 🤦‍♂️

All Endlers have been isolated, since I throughly scrutinized all other fish (can ADFs get ich?) and they were fine.

Currently undergoing 1tbsp/gal salt treatment…it’s so annoying! Plus my favorite has snuffed it…😡image.jpg.b286b188508cb9eb8627955bb85d0bb7.jpg

I hope they survive the night 🤞🤞🤞🤞.

Its not the good “ Aundler “ colony thank goodness, who seem to be doing pretty well. image.jpg.fac4919e321eb3488d4a9e5f58153a44.jpg

• Sad 2