What fish are you eyeballing?

Randy

I'm restricted by space- darn 1 bedroom apartment! (And on the third floor... I'm lucky the landlord hasn't seen my 60gal yet. Lol)

Laser orange corys

ALL the guppies, specifically albino Topaz, blue dumbo red head, red albinos

Chameleon whiptails

So, so many more. 🙂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kat_Rigel said:

I'm restricted by space- darn 1 bedroom apartment! (And on the third floor... I'm lucky the landlord hasn't seen my 60gal yet. Lol)

Laser orange corys

Chameleon whiptails

So, so many more. 🙂

Right there with ya, @Kat_Rigel!  I'm in a house, but my square footage may be less than yours!  I don't have a place to fit a 60gal!  I barely squeezed in my 37. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Ed's Aquatics said:

I've been thinking about getting some Zebra Obliquidens Cichlids (Haplochromis latifasciata)

Haplochromis-obliquidens.jpg.a7dd00fd3215b60c157016db7ca0a02e.jpg

and some Gold Head Compressicep Cichlids (Altolamprologus compressicep)

53748376.AltolamprologuscompressicepsGold02m.jpg.0921535e46be27b50d72c8b685637042.jpg

from LiveAquaria.com to expand my breeding room and add to the display tanks. They have some cool Lake Tanganyika  Cichlids as well so haven't pulled the trigger yet. 

In case you haven't ordered from them before, Livefishdirect.com is a great source for African cichlids. I received a nice group of Pseudotropheus saulosi from them.

28 minutes ago, Kriskm said:

In case you haven't ordered from them before, Livefishdirect.com is a great source for African cichlids. I received a nice group of Pseudotropheus saulosi from them.

I have used them also, got a lot of good mbuna species but out of 30 "unsexed" peacocks in groups of 6 I somehow got 29 females and 1 male of a species I hadn't ordered. Now I'm leary of ordering unsexed and no color fish from them.

19 hours ago, FishObsessed said:

Aquahuna, GloFish and tetras

Also considering basic fantail goldfish

I keep thinking about the glowfish too.  I feel kind of childish to do it, but the tank by my bed has a blue period at the end and beginning of its cycle.  And I have a whole section at top that my fish really don't swim in.  Was thinking some glo fish danios or a glowfish betta could set it off.  Maybe one of these days.   I just splurged for myself and have a flagfish on the way.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kat_Rigel said:

Laser orange corys

Chameleon whiptails

So, so many more. 🙂

Wow do I feel this. I’m in a 3rd story apt too. 2 bed 2 bath which is nice but my gf and I agreed to no fish stuff outside the designated fish room. Also, orange laser cities and all of the guppies are on my list as well. Speaking of list, I actually keep a running list in my notes section of fish I wanna keep down the line since I’m so limited rn (biggest tank is a 20 long). As far as stuff I’m eyeing right now, definitely short fin super red bristlenose and celestial pearl danios.

52355ED3-34F7-4040-89C7-873E887BF0DB.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steph’s Fish and Plants said:

Wow do I feel this. I’m in a 3rd story apt too. 2 bed 2 bath which is nice but my gf and I agreed to no fish stuff outside the designated fish room. Also, orange laser cities and all of the guppies are on my list as well. Speaking of list, I actually keep a running list in my notes section of fish I wanna keep down the line since I’m so limited rn (biggest tank is a 20 long). As far as stuff I’m eyeing right now, definitely short fin super red bristlenose and celestial pearl danios.

52355ED3-34F7-4040-89C7-873E887BF0DB.png

You have, like, 90% the same list as me *side eyes* LOL

I use pinterest to keep my list, that way I can look at their pretty pictures. Definitely the interested in the trout goodieds too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I will need some dither fish for my danio erythromicron (dwarf emerald rasboras) who are extremely shy, once they're moved into the 20L. Guppies seem like the best choice. I'd like some that will compliment the danios' colors, and with not-too-dramatic tail fins. I guess some or most fry would also be food for the danios, but before buying from the LFS I'd want to make sure I could donate some back if I end up with too many. But my next purchase will be more harlequin rasboras since my gang isn't big enough. I'd love to see pics of your guppies! And then after those two fishes, I want cory cats and pearl gouramis for the main tank.

Bichirs, particularly smaller species as I'd like a poly pile in my tank instead of just one or two giants. So p. Delhezi, p. Palmas, p. Polli, p. Mokelmbembe, p. Retropinnis and p. Palmas Buetikoferi. Not including p. Senaglus on my list as I'd like patterned bichirs and the sengals just really don't  do it for me. I'd like to be able to distinguish my polyterus from one another and if I just have a pile of sengals I don't think that would be possible. Then again if there were only one senegal they'd be easy to pick out amongst the group...

Also considering getting a group of alestopetersius brichardi ie the 'red congo tetra'. I've already got standard congo tetra - phenacogrammus interuptus in another tank and they breed for me. I'm curious if I could get a group of this beautiful but less common species and get them breeding for me as well. Maybe make them more common in the hobby.

• 1 month later...

I'm basic, and I'm OK with that lol. Right now I'm debating mollies vs Congo tetras, and I'm leaning toward mollies. I just replaced my 20 hex with a 29. My other tank is a 40b but both are community tanks so the fish are somewhat interchangeable. I think I'm going to move the neons to the 29 and put the new, bigger fish (probably mollies) in the 40. The 40 has some hair algae for them too, but it's kind-of a neat-looking pouf that I can move around, split up, etc, so I'm pretending it's fast-growing moss because I think it looks cool, as long as it doesn't totally take over. The mollies might help nibble at it.

I'm really considering picking up a mud fish (phractolaemus asorgii) or two. For some reason I'm really intrigued by those. I had them on my radar for awhile but then co-op had an unboxing with them and I was sold. 

Also looking for healthy source of drape fin barb Oreichthys crenuchoides. Only time I've seen them they looked half gone.

I have been wishing I had room for platies lately, I like the sunset variatus and the scarlet red ones. I have recently discovered that I have room for a few more bettas, so I have been very pickily and casually hunting for a nice blue marble. haha.

Next year, when I have more room, I plan to start breeding some german blue rams and electric blue acaras, inspired by @Fish Folk. I also really want to breed corys. I told myself I would nevver have a "fish room" but my resolve is starting to weaken. So many adoroble baby fish...

• Like 1

Probably a tire track eel. My dad had one that was at least a foot long when I was little and I loved him. Unfortunately our house burned down and of course, the aquarium didn't survive. I have the tank for it now, but I'm worried I wouldn't have the time to dedicate since they can be picky about eating sometimes. Maybe when I'm a little closer to retirement and not working so much!