What is your favourite fish species?

Spotted congo puffers, like a puppy in water with lots of personality

And for smaller tanks for newbies, shorter bodied powder blue gourami. These fish are always such an eye catcher to me and their slow swimming makes them more enjoyable in my opinion 

• Like 2

My favorites have changed over the many years of fish  keeping  love all my fish when i got my first community tank of Different tetras and cory catfish  the Black Skirt Tetra was my first favorite and then    & cory catfish then i got my first pelco    ..  for now i must say it is my 2nd pelco. he is bristolnose pelco along with my other bottom dwellers of cory catfish and snails 

now i am down to 2   black shirts  my community tank I have had for many years and my fishes are very old and I do not have many left .. thanking of changing fish stock .. I want a mostly a bottom dwellers tank  of different bottom dwellers if i can and maybe a a small school of tiger barbs for the middle /top levels 

• Like 3

Fancy guppies has always been my first choice, my sister also loved guppies and I was getting ready to set her up a guppy tank, but she passed away a couple days ago.😭 I will pass that tank on to her son when he is ready. I have only kept a few different fish and never been one to think I need to duplicate some sort of natural environment. I do like pygmy coreys for some reason and have ordered some more that should be here this week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

My favorite tropical at present is Mikrogeophagus ramirezi (German Blue Rams). My son got me into these, and I’m still obsessed! I’m sitting by them now. Here’s an impromptu photo…

AB92F8AD-2F6C-42E9-A73D-827C2C954036.jpeg.e3a88ff20d4a00de4b1e293fc875f1ea.jpeg

Because we breed and raise in our water, control and vary quality foods, they color up wonderfully.

My favorite temperate fish are Notropis chrosomus (Rainbow Shiners). Big thanks to @Cory for mentioning them a long while ago in a stream, and to @WhitecloudDynasty for leading the way selectively breeding them in captivity. Here’s mine yesterday all “fired up” like pink salmonids spawning…

03778CE0-F5FC-40AF-9CF2-867022E647C3.jpeg.8c9bb687a3b7ec4f4c45af020b985a86.jpeg

6BE78EAD-D026-42F7-B75D-59ECE729628C.jpeg.2af9ada5d0fc88ce3cb3b4cc3660df35.jpeg

I’ve started hatching snd raising these up over the past year. Yesterday’s haul of eggs looks good…

F658F522-7BB6-4616-90D8-60C14D5AF1D3.jpeg.2cb54169ca74193cc0eff721fc72aef5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 5/3/2022 at 5:39 AM, BuzzDaddy21 said:

Fancy guppies has always been my first choice, my sister also loved guppies and I was getting ready to set her up a guppy tank, but she passed away a couple days ago.😭 I will pass that tank on to her son when he is ready. I have only kept a few different fish and never been one to think I need to duplicate some sort of natural environment. I do like pygmy coreys for some reason and have ordered some more that should be here this week. 

So sorry for your loss.

I have only been in this hobby seriously for about 2 years, but after quickly catching MTS and now keeping a few different types of fish, my favorite kind of fish is the Platy.

I currently have a ridiculous number of Red Wag Platys, and I just love their personalities, they get SO EXCITED to eat and are always surprising me with the cutest fry 😍🐟 I think Corydoras are a close second, but livebearers are where my heart lies for now 💓

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/3/2022 at 8:51 AM, Fish Folk said:

My favorite temperate fish are Notropis chrosomus (Rainbow Shiners). Big thanks to @Cory for mentioning them a long while ago in a stream, and to @WhitecloudDynasty for leading the way selectively breeding them in captivity. Here’s mine yesterday all “fired up” like pink salmonids spawning…

6BE78EAD-D026-42F7-B75D-59ECE729628C.jpeg.2af9ada5d0fc88ce3cb3b4cc3660df35.jpeg

I like the rams but I absolutely love this pic...the long flowy val and them, hovering above the glass full o' stones. They really pop against the warm green.

Maybe my val will jungle up like yours. I do have a lot of runners with little plants all over the place, they're just not growing very fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red Tailed Tinfoil Barbs remain my favorite.  

They can be viewed from a distance, depending on the light source they can be kind of-blah or shiny metal monsters, do almost everything as a group, and swim towards me instead of away when I approach the aquarium.

Slate Fish.JPG

TFB Crew.jpg

• Like 2